Thursday, December 15, 2016

Girls Night In Menu

It's that time of year again, when the girls and I get together for our annual Christmas Party!!

I texted them the other day to ask what they wanted me to cook this year- we always have apps! - and I got the same ol' song: "Don't go out of your way!" "Don't make a whole lot!" "We'll pitch in and bring something, too." Blah, blah, blah! I wanted IDEAS, peeps! Remember this veggie and cheese tree from last year? Minus the cheese star, of course!


I was so proud of myself for knocking that one out of the park! The only thing I'll care to mention is don't poke your toothpicks so far into the styrofoam! Here was my inspiration! 


So anyway!  I'm not planning any fireworks this year, but I did want to try some new recipes because who better to try new recipes on than your BFFs, right?

Let's just say they're suckers for shrimp! Y'all know I'm not a shrimp person, but I usually serve them anyway out of love. I wanted to try something like this for our night in.


Chili Lime Baked Shrimp Cups. Yummy, right? And as much as I love cooking with won-ton wraps, I think I'm just gonna stick to the easy, peasy steamed shrimp at my local grocery. However...I saw THIS recipe for dipping sauces and I totally think this may be something I try this year!  What do you think?


But where do I find a 227 g container of artichoke dip?  Does that even exist?

Something I am most definitely trying are these Spicy Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs!  I'm tried of just throwing frozen meatballs in the crockpot with some Sweet Baby Ray's.  I really want to try a new meatball recipe, so this is the one! Canned cranberry!  Who knew?


And last but not least, I'm trying this Christmas Cookie Dough Recipe! The Chocolate Brownie Dip recipe I tried with the girls over the summer was a huge hit, so I thought I might try this one for the holiday season! 


Of course there will be plenty of red velvet cake balls, party rolls, mini cupcakes, and spinach dip! Because these are a few of my favorite things!

Y'all have a wonderful weekend!  The last weekend before Christmas!

P.S. Remind me to tell y'all next week how I nearly died today!

18 comments:

  1. what time do i need to be over? i mean the commute is a toughy but I think i can do it. LOL looks great, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuesday night, 6:00 sharp! Can't wait to see you! Bring some wine!

      Delete
  2. All the recipes sound great. I love appetizers! I often order apps instead of a meal at restaurants. Have a fun party with your friends. And, I'm VERY glad you didn't die!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Amy! I hope you get your package today!

      Delete
  3. I can't get over that tree! How amazing!!! One of my favorite (and easy) holiday party apps are a pizza ball wreath. You just roll pieces of mozzarella in small pieces of dough and assemble it like a wreath. Then bake!

    Stopping over from the linkup. Hope you can hop by my blog as well. Happy Friday!

    http://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for suggesting the pizza wreath! I've seen it on Pinterest, but I've never tried it! Maybe I will next week! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. What awesome finds - I'd gobble up any of those apps! Also, major props on last year's tree :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoyed getting to put it together with my daughter!

      Delete
  5. That tree is AMAZING!!! I gotta ask, have any idea how many toothpicks you used? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Girl! LOL! I have no idea! Good question!

      Delete
  6. What good looking eats. I know y'all had a great time of eating and fellowshiping. A great way to celebrate Christmas! Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. Lea! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. That all looks amazing! I am going to a Christmas party tomorrow night and our dinner is appetizers. I love the amazing tree you made! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! Hope you have a great time at your party and a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  8. Girl. My favorite is Feta Dip. It's a nice summer treat, but it does have red, white, and green! You must try it!
    Feta Dip: https://melanieks10.blogspot.com/2014/07/feta-dip-recipe.html

    And these Sausage Cream Cheese Cups are to die for!
    http://melanieks10.blogspot.com/2016/07/sausage-n-cream-cheese-cups.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so yummy! I have always wanted to make Julie's veggie tree (love her blog!) but it looks like way too much work, haha!! Have fun with your girls, I am so inspired to do one next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still think that app tree is so amazing! You can never, ever go wrong serving shrimp. My mom always makes a shrimp dip at Christmas and it is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! How long did that tree take you. Everything looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete