Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Currently ~ December 2016

Hey, Friends!  I know!  It's been a while! I totally suck this Christmas season. Life is speeding by and I can barely hang on!

Today I'm linking up with Anne to share what I'm "Currently" up to. For those of you that hang out with me in IG and SC world, we'll, consider yourselves fortunate!  Ha! If you want to call it that! I simply have not had time to blog or even read my favorite blogs lately. Alise swipes the laptap as soon as she's finished with homework to go off to play with her "gamer" friends and it's like pulling teeth to get it back from her!  It is MY computer though!  Geesh! By the time she goes to bed and I recover what's mine, I'm simply too tired to post anything.  So I go to bed.  Sorry, but it's the truth. Here's what we're currently doing:

doing// I lost a filling this weekend and due to the changes in the weather, my teeth have become whaaay over-sensitive.  I mean, to the point where I'm popping ibuprofen. I called the dentist on Monday, but since I was behind on my cleaning, they would not see me to fix the filling. Can you say, TICKED OFF!! And we have great dental insurance, too! So anyway. I would rather take a beating - or a Xanax - before going to the dentist, and what this actually has to do with "doing," I have no idea!

enjoying// I'm enjoying what little Christmas decor I have up this year! I have yet to finish! And a part of me feels bad about that and then another part of me is like, whatevah!


Not the best picture of our tree - my topper looks so tiny and it's actually nice and BIG, of course - but I snapped it one night after everyone had gone to bed and I was enjoying a glass of wine and the warm fire. My favorite evenings are in front of the fire with only the Christmas tree. But back to the decorating.  I have a party at my house in a few weeks, so I better get my hostess with the hostess mojo on soon! Lights have been a real issue for us this year. Half the lights on the house didn't work and my outdoor tomato cage trees didn't light up this year, either. Gotta get all that fixed ASAP!

cooking// Well, I certainly didn't cook our turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving and it was a total flop! Not that I would ever even cook turkey and dressing to begin with, but I wanted to give my mom the year off, so I ordered it from a local catering business. Horrible!  Absolutely horrible. Never again. Threw out both the turkey and the dressing the next day! Money wasted. But what I AM cooking these days are lots of sweets! I made a chocolate cake, and as if THAT wasn't enough chocolate, Wayne and Alise begged for some brownies, too. I'm trying to keep our meals simple and easy during the holidays so not to add anymore stress with our schedule. We're sticking to our family favorites and eating out of the freezer as well. Hoping to getting around to some holiday baking though, soon!



wrapping// A few weeks ago, I shared a post about some Christmas ideas for tweens and twenty-somethings and made it into a little contest!  I am happy to announce that the WINNER is AMY HORTON!!  No relation to Amy that I know of, but all Horton's are winners in my book!  Amy, send me an email with your address and I'll send your happy out this week! Since that post, I have found even more great ideas, so I may decide to write another post with gift giving ideas soon. Stay tuned. And to answer the prompt, I may just be wrapping some of those gift ideas up for Santa for my girls. Thank goodness Santa doesn't do fancy-shmancy wrapping for Christmas morning!

playing// One word: basketball. Can't get enough of these ballers!  Alise had her first two games this past Saturday and I snagged this picture when she got substituted for a break!


Seeing this made me cry! Not many little girls can say that their coach is their dad, too! They won both their games and it was pretty exciting to watch! On Sunday, we traveled to Northwestern State University to watch Steph put up some blocks and points, too. Unfortunately, the team lost by two measly points! The referees were absolutely horrible!  The good thing about the day, though, was that I got some Natchitoches Meat Pies!  Yummy!  Dani's mom and cousin made the trip with us to surprise her! I was absolutely exhausted from the weekend of being a baller mom!


So that's pretty much what we've been up to these days!

17 comments:

  1. Your tree looks fabulous, of course my friend does it up right! Everything you do has that sweet touch my friend! Your Ballers are absolutely precious, no wonder you're so proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! They are driving me crazy and throw finals and mid-terms in the mix, it's all I can do to keep my head above water these days! Thank you for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. Your tree looks SO pretty! :) Sorry to hear about the dentist dilemma... I too hate going and dealing with fillings and what not- ugh. Love the picture of your baller and her dad. My dad coached me for a few years and even though he was super tough on me, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I never played sports, so having two girls that play the SAME sport is kinda crazy! Especially right now during season! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. OK - I knew your girl was a b-ball player but never realized how TALL she was!! NICE!!!

    OH MAN - dont get me started on dentist woes. Its always a nightmare. Hope you can get in soon with SOMEONE to help you. Dental pain is just miserable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rebecca Jo! YES! I remember your dentist woes! I hope you haven't jinxed me! HA HA! Just kidding of course, but I'm ready to get the whole thing overwith. I forgot to mention that my appointment is over a week away, which is another thing that ticks me off! Anyway. Sigh. Yes, my Big (Tall) Girl is 6 foot 3! She definitely taller than me! I have to get on my tip toes to give her a hug!

      Delete
  4. That is just crazy that your dentist wouldn't take you immediately. I also hate going to the dentist and have had several root canals/crowns done that just make me dread it. But I have forced myself to go every 4 months now for cleanings since that is what our insurance covers. I think it has helped with cavities etc. I think the kids got Michael's teeth, thank goodness. He has seriously only had one or two cavities his whole life! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I'm kind of feeling the same about the Christmas decorations at the moment... my tree pretty much isn't decorated, but it's got lights on, and that's all I want at night - cozy lights and a glass of wine and I'm good to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I could write a book on dental woes. It's crazy the investment we have in my mouth. Your tree is lovely and I don't know how you have time to do anything else with your busy schedule. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents have invested a fortune in my mouth, too, and I should probably have my fillings replaced when the dentist says it's time, but I hate going to the dentist so much that I tell myself that all they want is our (insurance) money! Guess I'm paying for it, now.

      Delete
  7. I hate the dang dentist! Shut up girl your decor is awesome sauce and if you remember put me in the spirit last month! How tall is Steph?!? Woo boo basketball girls! My daughter is all about basketball but has never played. Apparently they are doing a unit in PE and she wants to do a clinic but of course registration ended a month ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph is 6 foot 3 to my measley 5 foot 3. She and Wayne are nearly the same height even though they are not related. I never thought Alise would be a basketball player, but she loves it and I love it because it's something she and her dad can share together.

      Delete
  8. Love your tree! I love sitting in the dark at night and looking at ours too! That totally stinks that your catered turkey & dressing weren't any good!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more catered Thanksgivings for me!

      Delete
  9. Your tree looks great! We ordered thanksgiving dinner one time and had the same issue. I didn't get to make my dressing this year and I was honestly pretty sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you make your dressing for Christmas? I'm not a fan of dressing - one spoonful and I'm done. I'm thinking we're doing something totally different for Christmas. Certainly no more catering!

      Delete
  10. Awww I love your tree1 It looks so pretty. My favorite nights around the holidays are doing the same thing... wine by the fire staring at the tree!

    ReplyDelete