1. I am old. I mean, the first eight minutes? That's the music I grew up listening to!
2. Nicole Kidman cannot dance.
3. I truly believe Trisha Yearwood was channeling June Carter Cash or Adelle in that black dress. I was extremely disappointed, especially after she Facebooked a pic of four styles of shoes and asked her fans which ones she should wear. She does not look good with long hair. I swear those were extensions because she had shorter hair on her cooking show this past Saturday. Just saying.
4. Matthew McConaughey didn't get the dress code memo, but he preached a good sermon. Alright, alright, alright.
5. George Strait is still King of Country Music.
6. Dierks Bentley can lead me anywhere. And his little guitar, too!
7. Who are all these new people? Peeps I never heard of! Guess that's what happens when you switch from The Highway to Prime Country on XM.
8. I'm still pissed Cole Swindell didn't win Best New Artist.
9. What baseball game?
10. When Reba showed out in the red dress singing Fancy! Take THAT, Harvill!
11. True story. I snapped Steph a pic of Carrie Underwood's hair during her performance and said, "You need to try this style." I didn't get an answer.
12. I am going to make my kids listen to "Humble & Kind" everyday for the rest of their lives!
13. Vince Gill just ain't the same, y'all.
14. Did Lorrie Morgan cry at Garth's rendition of her ex-husband's, "Don't Close Your Eyes." Looks like she wanted to. The camera kept panning to her and I kept saying, "Cry, Lorrie, cry!"
15. Beyonce' needs to stick to R&B. And the Dixie Chicks need to go away again. But I'm afraid puffy sleeved, see-through white wedding dresses and pearls may be making a comeback. We'll see.
16. Why does Eric Church wear sunglasses inside? That is such a turnoff to me and I know I could really like him if he'd just take off those stupid glasses!
17. Why, I do declare, Garth Brooks! That kiss made me blush! And on national television, too! You go, boy!
18. Miranda just looked sad to me.
19. Carrie and Brad's intro was priceless! The coat of many colors bra and the Faith & Tim Barbie dolls were absolutely hilarious! And the Peyton Manning jingle! I was rolling!
20. If Kenny Chesney cries....if that man cries...
21. Faith, honey. Please do something with your hair.
22. I thought Loretta Lynn looked beautiful! And her sister, Crystal Gayle, too. But I wanted to know if her hair was still long or not. Wonder what Loretta thought of Luke Bryan's song?!
23. Lee Greenwood made me cry. #proudtobeanamerican
24. Where was Blake Shelton?
25. Barbara Mandrell is still short.
25. And Dolly. My big hair icon. My favorite blonde bombshell of all time. I was belting out "Jolene," "Coat of Many Colors," and "I Will Always Love You" before those songs were ever cool. My mama still tells me those were cigarrettes she and Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin were smoking in "9 to 5." Ha! But just one question. Why yellow? Dolly looked amazing with that hair teased up high, but out of all the dresses, I just wanna know, why yellow?
So this is the deal. I had Wayne record the CMAs for me and since I got a late start, I was watching the "recorded" version and he didn't add the "30 minute extender" to the end of the recording. So right when Martina McBride and Carrie Underwood start belting out "I Will Always Love You," something happens to my TV. It freezes up on me! I am DYING, y'all! And throwing out a few choice Southern Diva words! Oh my gosh, y'all! HOW could this happen! I don't know if my beloved Dolly got to speak and I didn't find out until nearly two hours later that Garth Brooks won Entertainer of the Year! So if the CMAs taught me anything, it was to remind my husband to set the 30 minute extender to award shows! Ha!
I bet he extends if for that LSWho v. Bama game this weekend! Roll Tide, everybody!