Monday, November 14, 2016

Our Weekend In Bullet Points

Happy Monday, Peeps!

  • Our weekend started on Friday with my Big Girl making her starting debut for the Warhawks.  Of course, Mini Me and I wouldn't have missed it for the world and even Wayne managed to make it for the second half. I kept Alise out of school and went to work at 6:00 that morning just so I could be there!  I have never been more proud of Steph. She played like a totally different baller on Friday! She was the leading scorer and blocker for the game and we won!
  • We celebrated with lunch as a family and then Alise went to yet another basketball game with her own teammates at La. Tech. Wayne and I had a quiet evening at home catching up on all our TV shows. 
  • My hair appointment got postponed yet again {Eek!} on Saturday morning. Stephanie called and asked if we could go to breakfast {starving college kid!} before she hit the road for another game in Arkansas. She wanted a hug from her Mama, so she said, and of course, I couldn't turn my girl down.  We had a great breakfast at The Coffee Bean and had a heart-to-heart. She is in full athlete mode now and so serious all the time, so I love it when she lets her guard down and shares with me from her heart. 
  • I did some shopping at one of my favorite boutiques and was back home by noon to finish watching the Alabama/Miss State game with Wayne. After that, Alise and I spent the afternoon watching Gilmore Girls and finished decorating the Christmas tree. We finally made it to season 5, but I don't think we're gonna finish before the reprise on Netflix next week. 
  • On Saturday night, Wayne and I had a date night at our home away from home, the coliseum, to attend Kaitlyn's senior night volleyball game. She and Steph are very good friends {I've learned that athletes tend to stick together} and so she's become part of our family, too, and especially since Steph was on the road, we felt we needed to be there. 
  • On Sunday, we slept in and then Wayne and I fought Walmart. Gosh, I hate that place! We spent nearly $300 and I can't tell you a thing we bought!
  • I made Christy Jordan's Chili,  Emily's Tomato Basil Soup, Cheesy Chicken & Spaghetti, a breakfast casserole, and Peanut Butter Blossoms this weekend. 
  • I wore my new peep-toe black booties Saturday night and I love them!
  • Wayne and I watched the first episode of "The Crown" last night and I love it.
  • It took us forever to find the ULM/Arkansas game on the internet yesterday, but we finally found it and pushed it and the live stats through to our big screen. It was a horrible game, though for our girls. Bless their hearts! I know that was a long bus ride home from Fayetteville. I have yet to hear from Steph - remember "athlete mode"? She doesn't like to talk after a loss. Good grief. You better text yo Mama, girl! 
  • In case you're wondering about Alise, she has become quite the home body - choosing to stay at home with her friends and face time or play games. She didn't want to go with me on Saturday or with Wayne and I on Saturday night. She's in full "Christmas Formal mode." She and her friends have been searching the internet for their dresses. I think they're confusing a Christmas dance with prom! 
  • I think fall has finally made her appearance here in NE Louisiana! Our yard is full of leaves and I actually talked Wayne into building our first fire of the season. It was just a nice, cozy, little fire. Nothing big. I even brought down the remainder of my fall and winter clothes from upstairs.
  • Oh! And I bought my first pair of joggers this weekend and I am in love!

And that pretty much sums up our weekend, friends! Can you believe Thanksgiving is a week and three days away? Eek! We are having a "special visitor" stay with us this week, so, yes, I'm stressing. More on that story in another post, but until then!  Enjoy your day!


10 comments:

  1. You had a great weekend aside from the Walmart trip....tis life! Have a great week, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I forgot to mention that during all that I was stalking your Snaps and finding out what a "chicken stew" was all about! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend!! You have such a big heart! I love that you took time out of your weekend to support Kaitlyn, too!
    Kendall *just now* decided to start Gilmore Girls. So, it looks like I may have to wait on her to watch the whole series before I start the new one, too!! I can't wait, though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I can't tell you how much I love my time with Baby Girl watching Gilmore Girls! I think we're still going to watch at least the first show of the new season together next week!

      Delete
  3. Hallelujah leaves and fires!!!! Steph looking fierce and you in that leopard....HOT!!! Tree is going up Friday, I've been so darn sick, my fingers are even getting tierd online shopping, lol!!! I love weekends where I make a bunch of yummy food to eat on through the week, your fixin's' sound scrumptious!! I want to go boutique shopping with you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yassss! Let's do the boutique shopping soon!? What, you've been sick, too?! Not good! Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  4. joggers? the pants? or shoes?
    I love you had some good girl time with your daughter. That has to be priceless.
    SHe looks so FIERCE in that game pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You and Andrea are cracking me up about Stephanie looking "fierce." HA! Can't wait to tell her that! I failed to mention that she elbowed a girl in the eye during the Arkansas game on Sunday and surprisingly, did not receive a foul, but the girl was out of the game. Since she hasn't called her Mama yet, I haven't had time to talk to her about it! And yes! Joggers as in pants! So warm and comfy!

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness for fall finally arriving! Isn't the life of a college athlete so much crazier than you ever imagined?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. my. God! And I thought Little League softball was bad!

      Delete