Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Favorites

TGIF, right, y'all!? Alise has started her Thanksgiving break early. She gets an extra vacay day from school today.  Oh, why can't I be that lucky? My other girl will soon be boarding another bus today for yet another basketball game tomorrow. {Sigh.} But I'm excited about it, because we're driving down early Saturday morning to the heart of Cajun Country and watching her and her teammates! It will definitely be a long day!

(one.) Beverly Hills 90210 Reunion. Say what?! I was watching ET Monday night - well, let me re-phrase: ET was on the TV as background noise. Alise and I were studying math when I heard that famous tune, "Duna duna. Duna, duna. Ch Ch." I mean, seriously?! How awesome would a reunion show be? And by the way, did y'all know Luke Perry was on the cover of AARP?  Omg do I feel old!! Luke Perry is the reason we had a certain song in our wedding ceremony.  I'll have to tell y'all that story another day!


{two.} And it just keeps getting better, y'all!  I can't make this stuff up! On Tuesday, I saw on Facebook that my favorite boy band of all time, New Kids On The Block was teaming up with Paula Abdul and Boys || Men next summer for the Total Package Tour!  Eek!  I am SO excited!! Looks like the closest they will be to me is New Orleans, so I gotta start hitting up some old high school girlfriends quick! You can read all about it HERE.


{three.} Unfortunately, that's where the 80s end for this post. On Wednesday, we had Steph and her dad over for barbecue. My contribution to the meal was boxed brownies. Baked, of course! So yeah! Did you see that? Her dad? I'm tearing up just thinking about it, so I'll have to save all this for another day, but what I am most thankful for this week are these two!


Not the greatest picture of my two girls, but Steph took it and put it on her SC so when I saw it later that night after she and her dad left, I had a good cry. These two ended up in our bed of all places, on the computer, watching funny videos and looking for things to add to their Christmas lists. I stayed with them for a while and then left to clean up the kitchen and I could hear them laughing. My heart was full.

{four.} I recently found my long lost tube of Bye Bye Eye and I was reminded why I through a southern hissy fit when I found out it was "missing."  Oh happy day! Y'all, this stuff is the bomb dot com!  I love the way it brightens my eyes and it truly is a great under eye circle remover. No more raccoon eyes!

{five.}  Have y'all seen the crock pot macaroni and cheese casserole popping up all over Facebook? Well, I've decided I'm going to give it a try this Thanksgiving. It's one less thing to tie up my oven on the big day. I had never even heard of having mac and cheese for TG until we celebrated with Angie and her family one year and she served it.  I think she used the non-crock pot Paula Dean recipe, and it was so yummy. So every since then, mac and cheese has kinda become a staple for our Thanksgiving table. My point to all this mac and cheese madness is to let you know that I love my crock pot!  I use mine like two or three times a week and that makes it great for our schedule! It has most definitely saved me this week!


Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!  I'm taking a break next week from blogging to enjoy time with my friends and family.  I hope you enjoy your's, too! Gobble till you wobble.

12 comments:

  1. You know all these 80s references make me so happy right?! I want to go to new kids concert with you! It was so fun watching all of them on the Today show this week! Can't wait to hear the story about the wedding song and Luke Perry! YES to a 90210 Reunion! Get your Crock on girl and have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, girl! We could rock a NKOTB concert!! Would love to go with you! Is there one in your area? Have a great pre-TG weekend!

      Delete
  2. The only thing that gives me peace is that Luke Perry was a LOT older on 90210 than everyone thought ;)
    I am so praying NKOTB is coming near here. I would love to see that one with Paula because I saw both of them when I was young. That would be a MAJOR time warp seeing them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got to see NKOTB when I was growing up, so that's kinda why I would love to see them now. As for Luke Perry, I knew "back then" that he was the oldest actor, but I guess I forgot over the years! Can't wait for the reunion show!

      Delete
  3. So in 1988 I had a yard sale and sold all my life to go get NKOTB tickets. My mom took me to the venue and just as Perfect Gentlemen started their set I started a fever, then vomiting, and my mom took me home. I was THAT CLOSE TO SEEING THEM! And 90210...ever missed an episode. Never, ever, ever. Remember when that was considered risque television - HA! Ok, I don't know your back story but after reading the one here about your two girls and what I'm guessing is the ex - I teared up. You got me in the feels girlfriend. HUGS! I have time now so I'm blog stalking you ok? Ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I can't believe you were THAT close to Joey McEntire and Jordan Knight!!

      Delete
  4. Omg, I am dying over 90210 and NKOTB. Do you watch 90210 on the POP channel? I DVR the episodes and will sometimes watch them at night when the rest of the family is asleep. My neighbors and I went to see NKOTB 2 years ago and hope to go again this time around. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun about you and your neighbors seeing NKOTB! About the only time I catch 90210 these days is when I am flipping through the channels and see it on. Hope you are having a fun weekend!

      Delete
  5. I'm super bummed I missed a 90210 reunion. I'm going to have to see if they show it again!! There's a show coming out in January that's a tv version of the comic book Archie. I was so excited when I heard Luke Perry was going to be on it, then I found out he was cast as the Dad!! Yes, I totally felt old, too!
    I know Steph has to be so thankful for you and how you have included her into your family. I can't wait to hear the whole story one day! Every girl needs a mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Emily! She has definitely won my heart! I hope one day I get to share her story with you guys.

      Delete
  6. You're a life saver - I'm looking for a good under eye concealer, so I'm going to give this a try. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it, Lana! Let me know! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete