Monday, October 10, 2016

Weird Weekend of Sickness

Let me start off my saying, that if you need even the tiniest bit of motivation - or just a swift kick in the pants to get something done - I highly suggest a shot of Rocephin and Decadron. Trust me. Once these two shots actually start working, it's all the motivation you need!

So my weird sickness started on Friday afternoon.  I went to lunch with some co-workers and then met Wayne and Alise back at the house.  It was homecoming at our school and Alise got out a half day, so I convinced her to lay down and take a nap with me since she had been up early to get ready for the pep rally and would be cheering the entire game. When I woke up around 3:30, my throat and left ear were killing me. I had not had any symptoms before my nap.

Now, I'm not one that gets sick very often, however, when I do, I'm dying. Literally. I was dying Friday afternoon.

Wayne and Alise left early for the game because he and another basketball coach were selling bowls of jambalaya as a fund raiser, so I headed to Urgent Care. I was the only one there, which was good, however, my experience was horrible. Long story short, I was swabbed for strep and it came back negative. I was told I had fluid behind my left ear, and was brought two ibuprofen to take and got a script for Allegra! Are you &%$*!# kidding me?!?  I think I was so shocked that the Mother Ship actually had physicians on the payroll that were so conservative when it came to treating illnesses, that I was in a fog as I made it back to my car. I mean, you just swabbed somebody for strep and you prescribe Allegra?? I texted Wayne and Jennifer to let them know that I wouldn't make it to the game and went home to go to bed.  I didn't even pick up my wonder drug, Allegra. I was proud of S though because she figured out a way to the game to support her little sister by getting a ride with a teammate. She doesn't go many places without me.


I didn't sleep at all Friday night because my throat hurt so bad. When I woke up Saturday morning, I felt even worse, but I managed to help Alise with a few things for her reading fair project. And then I went back to bed. Steph woke me up after she got out of practice asking if I would take her to our local aviation museum so that she could get extra points in her history class.  I had already promised her earlier in the week that I would, so Alise and I picked her up and spent about an hour at the museum.  When I got home, Wayne still wanted to go on our "date" and I still really wanted to see the movie, "Girl On A Train," so I decided to suck it up and get ready.  I didn't want to disappoint him since our date had already been postponed three times before. We went to a restaurant on the bayou and sat outside enjoying the view. It was so peaceful and quiet.  Nice to have adult conversation without interruptions. As far as the movie, I thought the book was better.


Sunday morning, I woke up and I still felt horrible and had started to run a fever. Wayne said, "That's it! Get up! We're going to XXXX Walk-in Clinic. I'm taking you!" I didn't even brush my teeth, y'all. I know that's gross, but that's how bad I felt. If I had worn long pj bottoms to bed, I swear I would have went in my pjs, but I threw on my glasses and some shorts and froze all the way to the clinic. The day before it had been shorts weather. That's Louisiana weather for you! My ear "fluid" from Friday had turned into a double ear infection, my fever had gone higher, and I was swabbed for strep again. Still no strep, but when I was asked, "Do you want a shot?" I nearly fell off the exam table and begged. So that's where the Rocephin and Decahedron came in.  Wayne sent Alise a text {she stayed home} that I was getting two shots and she sent back the smiling crying face emoji twice. Do ya feel the love? We picked up my scripts for antibiotics and cough medicine and I went back to bed and rested.

By four o'clock, the shots began to kick in and I would have scrubbed bathroom toilets if the maid hadn't come on Friday and done it herself already! I was feeling so much better, but not great! I made a new twist to a family favorite for supper by adding shrimp and frozen stir fry veggies to this Pinterest win! It was delish!! Gone were the body aches and my throat was feeling better because I was eating everything in sight! If only the shots had kicked in a little sooner, I may have made and big dent in my woman cave! So anyway. That was my crazy weekend and I am so thankful to be feeling better.

18 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better today - aren't drugs the best when you are sick :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! Yes, I am so thankful that God made drugs! The right kind, of course!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. The drainage (TMI) from an ear infection can cause the WORST sore throat EVA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! It was a horrible weekend and I'm taking the day off to recover some more with rest, meds, and liquids! Thanks for checking on me!

      Delete
  3. Oh man... as someone who gets ear infections all the time, I know that pain. Its miserable. Glad you finally went & got some meds to help you feel better. Hope you are 100% real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca Jo! I'm not prone to ear infections which is so weird, however I have had my share of sore throats in the last 43 years and wish I had had my tonsils removed as a child. Oh, well! I am feeling much better! Recovering at home today.

      Delete
  4. Oh sweetie, until I read this I did not even realize how bad it was! Yay for the double shots....finally and maybe should've done some double shots of whiskey too, LOL! I hope this week gets you back tip top you darlin friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rough, girl! But I'm back at work today (tuesday!)!

      Delete
  5. So glad you're better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get reprieve from feeling sick until Sunday!! Hope you're on the mend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Biana! Feeling much better!

      Delete
  7. So glad you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! Don't ever want strep throat again!

      Delete
  8. Bless your heart, hoping the worse is behind you. Happy week1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea! I'm happy to report that I'm on the mend. And unfortunately back at work today (Tuesday)!

      Delete
  9. Oh my!! You poor thing! I am such a dork, when I saw on Instagram that you had two shots and now felt like whipping up that amazing looking meal, I thought you meant two shots of tequila or something. Ha! I was thinking, well, whatever motivates you in the kitchen. I am sorry you had a rough weekend. Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahah! Omg! Really?! For once two shots of tequila never crossed me mind! It was actually the two shots of drugs that helped me pull together a delicious meal for the fam Sunday night. No alcohol involved. Love ya!

      Delete