Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Spiel The Beans

I'm joining my BBFF Shelly for Spiel The Beans Tuesday over at her blog today and the question is... "How Do You Stay Fit During The Holidays."

My answer: I don't.

Stay with me.


Last Thursday night, I went to S's apartment to help her with an online test. She's taking this class about women in their 60's - I can't remember the name of it - but her mid-term was ten essay questions about empowerment, physical fitness {ahem!}, chronic illness, age sterotyping, blah, blah, blah.  I was a little offended when she told me early in the semester that she was going to need my help in this class. I mean really!

So when we got to the physical fitness questions, we had to list three barriers that women face related to physical fitness. Well, one was a no brainer because it's my biggest issue and it's simply time!  Yes, I use to get up at 5:00 in the morning and face the blackness of our neighborhood and argue with Wayne every single morning about how I didn't need to be walking alone in our neighborhood and no, I didn't need to carry a gun for protection {it sounds like we live in a horrible neighborhood, but it's actual more rural with few houses on acreage instead of actual lots} and then I broke my foot last summer and my physical fitness routine just hasn't been the same. And believe me, it's starting to show.

So needless to say, we nailed that question even though I was getting the stink eye from Steph.  She's constantly on me to resume my walking routine and I know. I get it. But life is in the way right now and I told her that if she wanted to continue the lifestyle that she has gotten accustomed to, then she will quit pushing my buttons when it comes to exercise. She's the athlete. Not me.

And when you bring on the holidays, too, well, exercise is just totally non-existant. Even when I was walking two to three miles every morning, I normally stopped in November because it was too cold to walk that early and I still don't believe in buying clothes to stay warm while exercising. I thought your were suppose to sweat!  Ha!

So anyway.  That's my take on it and how I tied all this up with a pretty red bow. I sure hope we make an A on our "exam."

Thanks so much for all the texts, emails and comments about my sickness. I'm feeling much better after taking an extra day off from work yesterday to rest. Alise has her reading fair today at school and I'm excited for her. Have a great Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. Time is definitely my biggest challenge when it comes to making my workouts fit into my daily life. Mentally I just need it so much and after taking August off unintentionally I definitely knew more than just my waist line was suffering! Ugh Thanks for linking with us friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's not the time, it's just the motivation! But lately, I have been doing good since I found a walking buddy. That makes all the difference. I do think I'm going to cancel our gym membership though. I just don't go enough to make it worthwhile! I loved the IG pic of Alise at the reading fair. She looked so proud of her work. And what a weird weekend you had with your ear infection. Glad you are on the mend now! Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is the one thing we could all use a little more of! Thanks for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete