Monday, October 31, 2016

Our Weekend Before Halloween

Happy Halloween, Peeps!


I'm so excited about Halloween and trick-or-treating with my family and our friends tonight! We've been getting together since the girls were one and we always have so much fun!  I've even decided to dress up this year! Can you guess what I'll be wearing? What can I say? Once a witch, always a witch! Unfortunately, Wayne isn't dressing up in his usual Darth Vader costume because it is just too dang hot here! It's been a while since it's been this warm here on Halloween and he would just roast in that leather get-up, so he's taking the year off.

We had a great weekend that started with a slumber party Friday night.  I had to "sub dog sit" for Stephanie who was keeping a friend's dog for the weekend.  She had a closed scrimmage on Saturday afternoon, so I had to keep Juice for her. She ended up spending the night and I took her and Alise to see Madea's Halloween movie and to dinner. Oh my gosh, y'all!  I have not laughed so hard and for so long in a very long time.  My stomach was hurting so bad from laughing.  A lot of the jokes were over Alise's head (thank God!) and the language was pretty bad, but other than that is really was a funny movie!


On Saturday, Alise attended a Halloween party at a local haunted house. She is such the scaredy cat so imagine my surprise when she texted me during the party that she and her friends went through the  house. I was shocked! She had a great afternoon with her friends!


While Alise was at her party and Stephanie was scrimmaging, Juice, Jack, Wayne and I were busy getting ready for our own party later that night.  We invited our church's college department over to our house for a bonfire and brick oven pizzas. Little did we know until the kids started to arrive that it was a costume party! So much fun and the kids went all out on their costumes. I snapped some that night so you may have seen them.  At one point, we had a little over 60 kids at our house! We actually ran out of pizza sauce! A fun night even if Alise and her BFF were roasting marshmallows around the bonfire in shorts at the end of October!


By the end of the party, my sore throat had returned and I began feeling bad. On Sunday morning I was running fever again so Wayne took me back to the walk-in clinic and I was diagnosed with tonsillitis. Ugh!  Will I ever get well? Alise had to carve pumpkins by herself that afternoon. Stephanie and Dani were suppose to come over and carve, too, but I didn't want to take a chance of them getting sick.  I froze to death and slept nearly all afternoon, but I did manage to make our favorite stir fry for supper. We feasted on beef, shrimp, veggies, and rice while we watched Hocus Pocus for the very first time on the big screen upstairs!  Can you believe that?


I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween tonight!

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like a super fun weekend for all...except for the return of your illness! I hope you are feeling better by tonight so you can enjoy all the trick or treating. That is so cool that you had the entire youth group over to your house. And the heat is killing me too. The mornings and evenings are nice, but that sun is intense in the afternoon. Love your Halloween Bitmoji too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I want to cry because I cannot get rid of this sore throat! Ugh! If I don't have fever, I'm going with Alise and our friends tonight. I will probably regret it, but she will be so upset if I don't go!

      Delete
  2. Girl, we need to get you healthy, my poor friend!! I watched Hocus Locus too!!!! Halloween eve weekend tradition! Aww, Love Alise's pumpkin!! Now you feel better today so you can go out in all your Witch finest and get some chocolate! If you stop here, I'll have some KJ wine waiting!! Happy Halloween my sweet pumpkin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sore throat? I'm on my way over for the KJ! HA! Happy Halloween, Andrea! Wish we could pass out candy together tonight!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gracious....what a fun time with those college kids! I was super jealous over that oven. I seriously cannot believe how warm it is here. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hotness has got to go!! The kids had a great time and their costumes were out of this world good!

      Delete
  4. Hope you are on the mend. Happy Halloween. Hope Alise has a fab time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling a little better today. Probably shouldn't be out tonight, but I'm going anyway, because that's what you do for your kids, right?

      Delete
  5. Bless your heart... you are just having a hard time lately with that throat & feeling bad. It's gotta ease up on you soon.
    Have fun tonight dressing up - take care of yourself too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca Jo! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  6. Well, bless your heart, that's no fun for a busy gal like you. Hoping you are better and will have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better! Thank you!

      Delete