Monday, October 17, 2016

One Word

I have only one word to describe our weekend: party!

Thursday night I had to go see my Big Girl. She didn't have a good week at practice and was "in her feelings" as she likes to say. She needed her mama to cheer her up!  I can't tell you how proud I am of this Girlie. Our relationship is still a struggle at times, but I wouldn't trade being her mom for anything.


Friday morning Alise and I were up early for the Pink Out Pep rally. Baby Girl finally got her chance at flying and she was so nervous.  She didn't have a good week at cheer practice, either, and didn't nail her stunt all week.  Until.  Until, the pep rally! I didn't get a good picture, but I could not believe how she bounced up twice in the stunt and never faltered. She was so excited! 


Our first official party was during Alise's reading hour. Her class got to celebrate a book they've been reading by having a tea party.  All the kids dressed up and they drank tea out of real china tea cups. The moms provided the sandwiches, cookies, and brownies.


I ran to work in time to celebrate another party for a co-worker.  I was a sandwich making lady that day!

I had promised S on Thursday that I would go to her open practice on Saturday. Since it was ULM's homecoming, a few of her teammates' parents were there and I got to meet and talk to them. I thought she had a great practice, but she is forever so hard on herself.  It drives me insane.  I just don't get it. She also had a cold and wasn't in the greatest mood - I've learned to keep my distance when she's being hard on herself or they have a loss. So after a quick good-bye, I went home to watch the Alabama football game with Wayne and help Baby Girl get ready for her first ever middle school dance!  Eek!



I can't tell you how many times her costume changed. We went to the Halloween store TWICE to find a costume - and to return the one we picked out the first time! She really wanted to be a red devil because she liked the sparkly costume, but she said, "Moma, I feel so guilty about being a devil because I have Jesus in my heart." Happy mom moment. She ended up going with a simple black cat costume that we pieced together. She did her makeup and hair all by herself.  There was a "pre-party" at a local Mexican restaurant and then the dance started at 7 o'clock. It broke my heart that she and her best friend, Aden, wouldn't let me walk them in and take pictures. I mean, literally, my heart was breaking as they got out of the car. Wayne and I joined friends at a local restaurant to kill time until the dance was over.  She had a great time and I loved seeing all the pictures on her Snap Chat!

We went to church on Sunday, went to lunch, and invited Brooklyn to spend the afternoon with us. She needed a little fun time away since her baby brother was born a few weeks ago. We went to get ice cream, made and decorated cookies, and she and Alise hung out upstairs in the the theater room.


I tried a new recipe Sunday night that was really, really good and I'll be sharing it soon.  I cooked all afternoon with plans of taking food to Steph and her teammates, but alas! They went to the Japanese Steakhouse and my new chicken recipe just couldn't compare I guess. They missed out on chocolate cake, too.

I was so proud of myself for actually getting up and hitting the pavement Saturday morning.  I got two miles in and fully intended to walk Sunday, but cooking got in the way. I'm still not over being sick. Didn't feel like myself all weekend and now suffering from the effects of being on a high-powered antibiotic for a week. I also haven't had a Diet Coke in two days. Baby steps. Hoping and praying that this is a better week for all of us!

14 comments:

  1. Whew! You sure are busy! Your little looked adorable in her costume. She did a great job with her hair and make up. I look forward to the new recipe. I hope your big girl has a great week of practice and you feel better soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy! I know I'm a little biased, but I thought she looked so pretty Saturday night for the dance. Even though my heart was breaking. Alise is growing up so fast and I've noticed that her looks are beginning to change. But so much for starting off with a great week! We were in the after hours clinic before 8:00AM because Alise had a sore throat and fever. Ugh! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Alise's costume!! Man, what a busy weekend you had girl, even got a great walk in! Cannot wait til you share that recipe and I'm so happy you're feeling much better! Here's to a great week ahead darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a very busy weekend, Girl! But lots of fun memories!

      Delete
  3. What a great weekend! I love that Alise couldn't dress up as the devil. What a sweetheart! You're a blessed Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Emily. It was definitely a proud moma moment when she decided not to get the devil costume. We've never done scary or evil costumes and although I know she really wanted to wear the red sequinned dress, I'm glad she chose the cat instead.

      Delete
  4. Ah, those sweet Momma moments! They are what see us through. Big girl is truly blessed to have you in her life. Happy week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my big girl gives me fits sometimes, Lea. I struggle so much with wanting her to be perfect and always do the right thing - we actually talked about this very thing this past Thursday night together - but she makes mistakes. She still has alot of growing up to do. God is showing me so much in my relationship with her and I pray every day that she will come into a relationship with Him one day.

      Delete
  5. Yea for walking! Alise is looking so grown up and just looks as happy as can be. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alise was so happy that night of the dance! She just glowed. I felt guilty about not walking yesterday, but gonna try and get at least a mile in later today!

      Delete
  6. The Jesus in my heart comment - I bet you were a proud momma. you should be. Makes me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to cry right there in the Halloween store!

      Delete
  7. Middle school is such a complicated season of life, but your daughter looks like she's navigating well. Cute costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, middle school has taken some getting use to.

      Delete