Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My To-Read Book Shelf

I'm excited about some new books that I've recently added to my "to read" shelf on Goodreads. And if you're not currently using Goodreads, you might consider giving it a try!  I love it and enjoy seeing what all my friends are reading.  You can read book reviews, rate books and even give your own review of a book. It's actually where I find most of the ones I read these days. So on with the books!

Restoring Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti. I actually found this book on someone's blog a few weeks ago. I usually like to try and read seasonal books around the holidays to put me in the Christmas spirit {and I highly recommend Mistletoe Kisses}. There's nothing I enjoy more than reading a good book in front of a warm fire!



Here's what Amazon has to say: "Alexis Blake has one chance to land her own show on the Home Project Network and nothing, not an uncooperative client, a job site without indoor plumbing, or a challenging videographer, is going to stand in her way. Elsie, at seventy-plus, is far from the ideal client, but she knows exactly what she wants her fieldstone house to look like, and no designer can tell her otherwise. Gabe Langley, the man with the camera, is caught in the middle and it is his wisdom and warmth that just may be the bridge that will bring these two women together. Can they restore more than just a house and bring about special, almost lost forever Christmas memories?"



The One Man by Andrew Gross. One of my favorite authors! I really enjoyed 15 Seconds. I like his writing style and suspense and this book grabbed me because of the historical setting.



The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan. New author for me.  I found this book on my friend, Vicki's blog , last week and I'm really excited about reading it!


Here's what Amazon had to say, "Ana Bacon, a beautiful young wife and mother, tumbled off a cruise ship into dark and deadly waters. Ana is gone--leaving behind her wealthy husband and adorable daughter--but not everything about her disappearance adds up. What secrets did she leave behind? Investigator Ryan Monahan is a numbers man. So when his company sends him the Bacon case, which could net a ten-million-dollar payout, Monahan doubts that her death is just a tragic accident. But the husband has a substantial alibi and a number of witnesses claim to have seen Ana fall, and the official ruling seems to hold up. Still, the more Monahan uncovers about Ana’s life, the more he realizes how many people would kill to keep her secrets hidden. And the closer he gets to the truth, the greater the odds grow that he, too, will take a fatal fall."


Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge. This is the first book of a series that I would like to begin and I discovered it because the latest book, Little Boy Blue, has just been released. I'm always game for a great new series! If you love murder and mystery, I highly recommend the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson.


The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. No fixer upper fan can pass up this long awaited read! Can't wait to get my hands on this one! I just know it is going to be a good one!


And last but not least, I'm considering giving Mr. Sparks another shot. His latest book, Two by Two, has just been released and I'm still on the fence.  Even though Mr. Sparks and I have met in real life and he was oh-so dreamy, my love for his books have wained over the years and I have not enjoyed them as much.  My BFF Leigh is actually reading his latest now and I'm waiting to see what she has to say about it before I jump!  Love you Nicky!


Would love to hear what's on your to-read shelf! What have you read lately that you just couldn't put down? What fabulous book should I be reading, too!?

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the recommendations...they're going on my Goodreads to read list! I need to give the James Patterson series another try. I liked the first one, just didn't love it. But it definitely kept me reading late into the night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Womens' Murder Series were just quick and easy reads that I enjoyed reading out by the pool a few summers ago. I loved some more than others. Sometimes I just need something "light" to read.

      Delete
  2. My love for Nicky has wained as well, maybe this is the one I need to fall in love with him again. And OH how excited am I for the Chip and Jo Jo book...yippee I love them...and YOU!!! K, love you MORE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfriend! My lovely friend! If you read it before me, let me know.

      Delete
  3. I used to read every Sparks book too & then got burnt out on them - all seemed the same, but I havent read one in awhile. Maybe its time to jump back in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't enjoy his last two books - after taking a hiatus myself - but I think I really want to fall in love again with his storytelling so bad that I'm willing to give him another try! LOL! This one "sounds" good. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. Restoring Christmas sounds good! I like the idea of reading a holiday book to get in the spirit! I can't wait for a fire in the fireplace!! Those are the best days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, girl! Fires, blankets, books, and twinkling Christmas tree lights. Eek! Can't wait!

      Delete
  5. These sound great! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! How fun to meet a new blogger!

      Delete
  6. I recently joined Goodreads (I'm always late to the ballgame!) ;) and have enjoyed keeping track of the books I've finished this year! I definitely want to add The Magnolia Story to my To Read list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite things about Goodreads is tracking my books, too! The website even lets you set goals for yourself. Kinda neat!

      Delete
  7. Love, love book posts! Will be adding some of these to my list. And I really should check out Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should, Lana!

      Delete
  8. Great post, Laura! Thank you so much for sharing. I love the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that series, Linda! It's a good one! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  9. i am not a Sparks fan....but the Notebook movie is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The Notebook is one of my all time favorite books and movies.

      Delete