Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Favorites

Hello Friends and welcome to Friday! It's been a long week, but a good one, I guess if you overlook the fact that a week ago, I was dying with a double ear infection and strep throat. Thank goodness for another weekend! And hopefully a sick free one, too! Be sure to catch up with all of us at Momfessionals to see what everyone is faving today!

{one.} You may have seen a lot of the fashion bloggers sporting this bag this season in their pics. I'm in love. I'm not even quite sure what this pattern is? It reminds me of a baby deer - and that's probably not the most appropriate description, but whatever! And when I found out that the bag wasn't really fur, I was slightly disappointed and began - once again - looking at the leopard St. Anne Tote. I've had that sucker in my cart forever and let's just say that after spending the day home on Monday recovering from a double ear infection and strep throat, I thought I finally deserved it! A woman should not be left recovering at home alone with a laptop!


{two.}  I happened to find these snacks a few weeks ago in our Neighborhood Walmart and I love them! They're only 150 calories, quite tasty, and I may or may not have even eaten them for breakfast a few mornings! So yummy!


{three.} I wasn't the only one in love with Mrs. Trump's hot pink blouse this past Sunday night during  the Presidential Debate. Social media went NUTS over it!


I've been surfing the internet trying to find one in my price range because - Hello! Gucci! $1,100? (which is the one Mrs. Trump wore) - I really do expect them to become a hot item on into spring. I remember my mother had one in the 70's or 80's and I thought it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. Her blouse was white and I hated the bow.  Back then, they were called "secretary" or "teacher" blouses, contrary to the modern day name. You'll have to google that one!

{four.} I ordered my first Christmas gift this week and I'm so pumped about it!  I got a good deal and someone in our family is going to be oh-so happy on Christmas morning! I wish I could share more details about the purchase, but I can't because of inquiring little minds!  Ha! This is our first Christmas when "she knows that I know that she knows" and it's breaking my heart. You moms with littles out there, enjoy those precious years of them believing in Santa! 

{five.} Alise won THIRD PLACE in our middle school's reading fair this week!  She was so excited!  The very first project she did completely by herself! 


{six.} I picked up this LBD this week when I decided to do a little retail therapy before heading into the office one morning. Surprisingly, I've had some pretty good luck with Target lately after nearly a year of not being able to find anything I liked. Key hole and floral dresses have been on my radar this fall and I just haven't been able to find the perfect floral print yet. But this lace key hole dress will be on repeat all season! 

{seven.} Wayne and I are traveling to Baton Rouge later next week and I can't wait to stop in at one of my favorite little boutiques located in St. Francisville, Grandmother's Buttons. They have the most gorgeous antique and unique pieces around. My best friend, Angie, bought a necklace that she wore at her son's wedding and the piece was just amazing! You can read about Grandmother's Buttons' story by clicking HERE and if you're ever headed south in Louisiana, I certainly suggest stopping! I mean, isn't this picture gorgeous?!

_MG_7989

{eight.} Baby Girl has her first EVER middle school dance this weekend and I'm torn between feeling sad about it and being excited for her. The dance is casual with a Halloween costume theme and I'll be sharing pictures next week...don't want to give anything away right now, but suffice is to say that I may be feeling a little overly dramatic about the whole thing! Oh my gosh, where has the time gone?! While the kids are dancing the night away {for two hours!}, the parents will be enjoying a cocktail hour at a restaurant. I hope I don't cry in my cosmo!

{nine.} Something that I'm REALLY loving these days...a few weeks ago, we took the plunge and got Alise an iphone. It was the same time that Wayne got me the new iphone 7 - which I'm learning to like a little more each day! I was REALLY having a hard time with deciding to get her one, but I feel like we can trust Alise and so far, we have our bluff in. So, anyway, I have SO enjoyed getting texts from my daughter on her way to cheer or waiting for a ride, or even from her bedroom while I'm soaking in a warm bath. It has opened up a whole new world for us. Does that sound strange? I mean, I certainly don't want to take away from us actually having a conversation, but it's nice and weird to get a text from your eleven year old in the middle of the afternoon.

{ten.} I told y'all a few weeks ago that I spent a Sunday afternoon making freezer meals and Wednesday night, we tried one of the new recipes. I have to report that it's a winner!  So easy to make and really, really good! Definitly a freezer repeater! Here's the recipe for Easy Baked Ziti.

We have a very low-key weekend planned.  No high school football game tonight, so we're free to watch one of S's friend's volleyball games, so we'll be at our second home for the next six months, the colesium.  Now that the reading fair is over, Alise has a little more free time on her hands and her daddy plans for it to be spent practicing basketball.  I plan to actually get outside and walk this weekend!  If you can believe that! And then, of course, there's the school dance on Saturday and church on Sunday. Whatever you're doing, I hope it's fun and relaxing!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a full week you had girl!! First of all, yay to Alisa, that project looks great! I was eyeing that bag and thought too, the print looked like Bambi. I do hope you are feeling much bet-at!! Whoohoo a trip with your man, Mr. Nine and I are getting outta dodge end of next week too. Work has been crap for us both, so we need it!! My bridesmaids dresses were that color fushia....LOVE THAT BLOUSE! If you find an affordable version, let me know, it's go great with our blonde locks, lol. Have the BEST weekend-low key is where it's at!! Love ya xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know if I find the blouse! You let me know, too! Would love to have one like it for the office!

      Delete
  2. And I see spelling errors...darn voice to text and freakishly type A 5th grade spelling be's flashbacks, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! So glad you are feeling better! I had to giggle because every time I see the new blogger bag - I immediately think it looks like it was made from a baby deer too!!! And, LOVE the LBD you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl...I want that bag so bad!! It's an Axis deer pattern and when I showed it to Keith and reminded him my bday is next week he was like "oh, I could shoot one to make one for you". um..no! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to texting as a fun way of communicating with my tween/teen! I love texting back and forth, and I think they say what they're thinking more that way than just talking. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awful, but texting has become such a way of life for so many of us. I said I'd never participate but my kids twisted my arm and I jumped on the band wagon many years ago. And, I love it if used with respect. Have a relaxing and fun weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that tote...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the tote to arrive! Hoping it gets here before my trip to Baton Rouge later this week!

      Delete
  8. 150 calorie snacks are amazing - these are great I've tried them !!! Awesome news about your girl winning third place in the reading fair :) Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Nature Valley snacks are so good! If only I could get my family to at least try them. They're not big on granola bars! But they can put some Rice Krispie Treats away! Ha!

      Delete