Friday, October 07, 2016

Friday Favorites

Hey, y'all! And happy first Friday in October!

I really hate that my life has come down to a weekly post on the ol' blog. I mean, seriously! I really do have a life! Sure I have all these amazing ideas for posts that I just want to spill out onto the internet for the world to read - as if y'all really care what I have to say!  - but right now life has taken over and I'm just simply busy. And just when you think that life can't get any busier, it does! Ha! I'm sure I'm not telling y'all anything that you don't already know, but for now, it's my excuse for not hanging out in Blog Land lately.


I'm linking up with Andrea for Friday Favorites today! Join us! Can't wait to read what everyone has listed this week! Here's mine, although I had a hard time with blogger and uploading my pictures, so I apologize for the lack of them.

{one.}In the words of my man, Mr. Matthew Mcconaughey, "Alright, alright, alright. " Y'all were right! I had a few hours to myself last Friday night and I watched the first episode of This Is Us and I am. in. love. Oh! My! Goodness! I laughed out loud and cried! I mean, how many shows on TV can actually do that these days! I'm there! I'm sold! Y'all were right!  I love it!! Then! On Tuesday night, Wayne and I watched the second episode before we went to bed and he was so confused! Ha! Hoping to catch the third episode this weekend.

{two.}Last Saturday, Wayne surprised me with the newest iphone! Yes, I have converted to the "dark side." Lol. I've had a Samsung forever and had the latest and greatest until it fell in the pool earlier this summer. Needless to say, I've been struggling with a much older Samsung, and I think my husband started feeling sorry for me. The bad news is that I lost all my contacts (long story), but I'm trying to get use to a new phone. So far, I'm liking it - not totally in love yet, but I can see myself getting there.

{three.}I got to hang with these girlies last Saturday night at our favorite Mexican place.  We spent the evening watching the sunset on the river while we sipped margaritas and stuffed ourselves with queso. Big Baby Girl wanted to join us, but mama said no. She wasn't happy about that, but she got over it! Ha!


{four.} Alise ended up making a 100 on her math test that we studied for three hours for last week!  I was most definitely surprised, to say the least!  As a reward, we let her go to the fair with friends Sunday afternoon {with a parent, of course!}! This week has also been homecoming week, so the cheerleader duties increased. Ugh! She dressed up several days with her friends - gosh! I wish I could show y'all the pics! - and they were so cute! We had three tests - yuck! - and homecoming pep rally and game are tonight. She will be working on her reading fair project all weekend. I am so proud of her for all the responsibilities she's taken on.  If I could just learn to let go a little...

{five.} I mentioned last week in my What's Up Wednesday post that Wayne and I had been watching the Bosch series on Amazon video. We finished season two this week and we're looking forward to season three coming out. The series is based off Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch detective novels. It had been a while - since Friday Night Lights - that Wayne and I actually got to sit down and watch something together - other than football, of course - and we really enjoyed it!  Love binge watching with my man!

{six.} Last weekend, I decided to make some meals for the freezer. These simple make-ahead casseroles that require just a few hours of my time on Sunday afternoons save me LOTS of time during the busy week! This past weekend I made cheesy beef burritos and this baked ziti recipe from Pinterest. I'll let you know in a few weeks how they turned out!


{seven.} And speaking of food...Big Baby Girl's teammates have all put in special requests for food and I love it! A few weeks ago, half the team came over to watch the ULM football game in the movie room and I had a taco bar and honey bun cake for dessert.  Well, G asked S one day, "Do you think if I play really good this year your mama will make me another one of those cinnamon cakes?" I cracked up! Then, this weekend, I was face timing S and J was in the car with her and she asked, "Ms. Laura? Will you make me some of those M&M cookies?" I love it!  How can I say, "no"? So, needless to say, I'll be baking this weekend!

{eight.} Wayne and I are finally getting our date night this weekend! The same date night that's been canceled three times in the last few weeks! We're going to see the movie, Girl On A Train.  I hope it's as good as the book!

{nine.} I haven't gotten to see much of Big Baby Girl this week until last night when I went over to help her with some homework for this "old lady class" she's taking online. I was a little miffed that she would ask me to help, but I got over it. Y'all, it was a presentation by Jane Fonda!  Seriously?! So anyway.  She's been busy, too, but she's excited that her first scrimmage is coming up in a few weeks. She's also got a "road trip" planned with some of her teammates. S likes all things scary - except for clowns! - and they're going to Baton Rouge to a Haunted House. I bet her $50 that she wouldn't make it through! We'll see.

{ten.} Not sure when I'll get around to it, but one of the things on my list this weekend is cleaning out my closet and bringing all the fall and winter things down from upstairs.  The weather is still rather warm here with highs in the low 90s and that's why I haven't already done it. I also haven't worn boots yet - like I said I would! - but I'm longing for leggings and tunics!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this Friday favs sweets!! So Happy you and Mr. Horton are going out..I am so excited to see Girl on a Train, can't wait to hear how it is. Isn't it the nest feeling when the friends of your kids request your cooking...a huge sense of pride. Yay A+++++ sweet Alise!!! Tell her to have a ball at Homecoming. All I can picture is Jane Fonda in her leotard on the cover of all the videos..too funny...but man she still looks sooo good. BUT you look bet-ta!!!!! ;-) Love ya Sug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see that movie. I may have to just go by myself. I dont think my hubby will care for it.
    Good luck learning the iPhone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read the book? I don't want to give anything away. I was slightly disappointed and I really don't know why. I enjoyed the book better.

      Delete
  3. I've missed you this week! Glad you're back in blog land!
    I'm also glad you're on the This Is Us bandwagon now! Bad news: there wasn't an episode 3 this week because of the stinkin' Vice President debate, so you're all caught up and ready for this Tuesday!
    I absolutely love that S's teammates place food orders with you! So sweet! You need to post that honeybun cake recipe!! Sounds like something my kids would love, too!
    Have a fantastic weekend, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I realized today that I was good with This Is Us. Glad to know I haven't missed anything. I've been sick all weekend, but I actually made Gabby's cake before it all started. Stephanie and I gave it to her on Saturday and she was so happy to get it!

      Delete