Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thoughts On Thursday

I've been a little MIA this week due to fighting a sinus infection. I woke up with a sore throat on Monday morning (after laying in the bed all weekend!) and it was downhill from there! Here are just a FEW of the thoughts I've got going on today! Enjoy!

Thoughts for Thursday

Why nobody likes wings...You Girlies crack me up!  So nobody likes wings, huh?! Too messy??Awesome! Let's all continue to pray that Tyson doesn't stop bagging up those skinless, boneless chicken breasts - I prefer the tenderloins - not as messy - in the frozen section of the grocery store. That's where I buy all my chicken. This Southern Belle doesn't even know HOW to cut up a chicken and I'm not ashamed to admit it! So there!

What I'm dreaming about...Last Saturday night, I had a dream that Alise was a baby again. I dreamed of filthy diapers and winding the swing that she loved so much. I dreamed of her tiny hands and and her toothless grins and being strapped in those awful long sleeved sleepers (I hated those things!). So what in the world was up with that?! I'm thinking it's because one of my best friends, Kristin, just had her baby boy and I stopped by their hospital room on Friday to check on mom and dad and to hold Brady.  Gosh, he was so darn tiny!

How I'm feeling...Like crap, to be honest! Peri-menopause decided to rear her ugly head last weekend halfway into my cycle and other than making Wayne a cake that he asked for and an hour run to the grocery store in the pouring down rain, I was either on the couch or in my bed the entire weekend! My head hurt, my back hurt, my stomach hurt, I had no energy and I simply just wanted to be left alone. The twins, irritability and insomnia, have also set in this week, on top of a sinus infection. So much for date night last weekend! Wayne was very obliging when I decided to cancel. He doesn't like to date Crabby Abby. It's so crazy how PM just sneaks up on you! I was feeling great on Friday and BAM! Saturday morning, she hit!

What I'm reading...Loving Colleen Hoover's new book, It Ends With Us! I was a little worried that it would be another 50 Shades, but the book really does have a good story line and it's keeping me interested! I've even cried already! I can't wait to see how it ends!

It Ends with Us: A Novel

My nostalgia moment...All this not standing for the National Anthem bit has me ticked! I saw a great comeback to Mr. Kaepernick on FB this past weekend that showed thousands of caskets lined with the American flag and the picture said something to the effect of, "tell us which ones of these are black and are hard pressed now." So sad. Wayne and I spent most of Sunday afternoon watching 9/11 documentaries and there was one that was narrated by President George Bush. Even fifteen years later, you could still see the tears in his eyes over what happened in New York and the Pentagon. I remember being so proud of our country for pulling together and for the love everyone had for our nation. It makes me so sad to see how far we've gone in the opposite direction since that day. 

And speaking of the National Anthem...I'll share something that I've never told y'all here before. When we first started going to see S & D play at the basketball games last year, I noticed that S never put her hand over her heart during the National Anthem. Once we got to know them better, I asked her, "Steph, why do you never put your hand over your heart during the National Anthem?" She said, "Because I'm praying." I said, "You know you can pray with your hand over your heart, right?" She said, "Yea, I know." At the next game, she had her hand over her heart and I was very proud! We joke about it now - I tell her all the time she better not let me see her at a basketball game without that hand over her heart! - but I tried to make her understand how her actions were perceived. And she got it!  I made sure of it!

Why I'm ready for fall...Even though I was feeling awful on Saturday, I made it to my nail appointment.  The place I go to books up rather quickly and I guess even if you're on your death bed, you make your appointment time!  I decided to go back to gel polish. My poor cuticles were a mess - even to the point that Jordan said they were "fresh meat!" Yuck! I was bleeding all over the place! Anyway, my nails and cuticles are so much healthier with polish and the gel stays on for 2-3 weeks, so I did it! My favorite color is Muir Muir On The Wall. Wayne felt sorry for my cuticles and stopped at the beauty supply store and bought me some cuticle oil without me even asking. My cuticles thank him {and to think I turned him down for date night!}.

Y'all have a great weekend!  We're slammed with football! I hope I live long enough to make it through! Go Mustangs!  Roll Tide!!

9 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about that book. I may have to pick it up this weekend!
    I am having some peri-menopausal things happening... this ain't fun. I feel for you.
    I also had allergies punch me in the face so I am with you on that as well with the sinus infection. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you feel better, too, Rebecca Jo! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Laura, so sorry for all the "lady" issues. You will get through to the other side. I promise! I have the gel nails and absolutely love them. Wishing you a "feel good" weekend with lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang lady #h*! Poor friend of mine, wish I cold come take care of you darling. Hope you are feeling better real soon!!!!! Try to have a grand weekend girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better! Sounds like a rough week, right down to the cuticles! So sweet of Wayne to help remedy that!
    I couldn't find your email, but I sent you a Facebook message. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gel nails are so worth it, especially if it will help your poor cuticles. Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. Peri-m. is not for the weak of heart, for sure. Hope things start looking up and you get some good sleep too. Hang in there, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete