Friday, September 30, 2016

Only Three Friday Favorites

It's the last day of September!  How in the world did we get here? I don't know about you, but the month went by so fast! But of course, we've been busy, and you know what they say...!  Time flies when you're having fun! Ahem!

Here we go. Friday Favorites.

{one.} When I was in college over twenty years ago, choker necklaces were pretty popular and I wore them ALOT.  I had a cream colored one with a cameo and a black velvet choker with a pearl do-hicky thing in the middle of it.  Loved, loved those pieces {I think I still have them somewhere in an old jewelry box; I should look for them when I get time!}! So I got really excited when I noticed recently that they were making a comeback!  And imagine how even more excited I was when Alise asked me to buy her one! My mini-me!

Image result for choker necklace

On Monday, I snapped that I was wearing one of Alise's chokers and how surprised I was that it fit around my neck! It was just a simple black velvet one, but I wore it twice this week! If you're interested in this style statement, I highly suggest checking out Etsy! SO many beautiful ones to choose from!

{two.} I snagged this dress at Target last week and I love it!  It's a little longer on me than the model and I can't wait to pair it with boots this fall! Which is like, Saturday in my book!



{three.} I'm back to using my fall and winter foundation color and it reminded me of how much I love the coverage of Mac. I normally use a different brand of foundation for summer, so the switch back to a lighter shade was nice. The coverage is so flawless in my opinion.



That's all I got this week, peeps! It's been another hard week, but better than last week. I'm looking forward to the weekend and I know you are, too. I'm so glad we've gotten some cooler weather and I'm hoping it's here to stay!  See y'all next week!

15 comments:

  1. I had a 3 heart choker years ago that Loved, wasn't sure if I could get back on the trend but now I have been sold this season, so many pretty ones and the simple dainty velvet ones are my favs. LOVE your dress and cannot wait see you styling it oh so pretty!!! Have the BEST weekend, hope it includes lots of smiles and football!!!!! HUGS SISTA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The simple velvet chokers are my favorite, too!

      Delete
  2. That dress is adorable! It might have to make an appearance in my closet this fall. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO cute, Penny! I think you'll like it. It comes in black, too!

      Delete
  3. I love how eventually EVERYTHING comes back into fashion. I wish I had thought about that 15 years ago when I got rid of my choker collection-- I had some cute ones! That dress is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Fashion does seem to come back around, with maybe a slight twist from previous years. Now if those poet shirts would just come back in style...

      Delete
  4. I so remember chokers. For awhile when E was in middle school the stretchy plastic ones were all the rage. Love the dress. Target has some fabulous things out right now for fall. Heading there with K for her b-day (well, and her flu shot too LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stretchy ones are back, too! The one I bought Alise is stretchy and looks like lace. It is so cute! Have fun shopping with your birthday girl!

      Delete
  5. OHHH - I'm checking out that dress at Target. Love the color of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress comes in black, too! I've been doing some major spending at Target lately!

      Delete
  6. Love that dress. The juniors dresses at Target are killing it lately...such fun, flowy styles. Glad to hear your week was a little better, and I hope they'll just get better and better. I feel like the cooler temperatures make everyone a little happier around here! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is super cute! Target has been nailing it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That necklace is adorable! One of the best parts (& after the week you've had, maybe the only part) of having a daughter is sharing clothes, jewelry, purses, shoes, scarves!! I wear more of Kendall's things than she does of mine, so it works out for me!!
    Love that dress from Target!! I'm going to see if I can find it! We can twin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love chokers and so glad they are making a comeback. Hoping you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, so excited that chokers are making a comeback! I need to get myself into Target and check out the dresses! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete