Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Currently ~ September 2016

Hellooooo September!

Today I'm linking up with Anne to share what I'm currently reading, trying, hoping, decorating, and to-do listing. Thank you for stopping by today and taking the time to read my blog.


reading// I shared last week on my What's Up Wednesday post that I'm reading Shari Lapena's new book, The Neighbors Next Door. It was truly luck that I found such a great read because I haven't been able to get into anything for a while. I have a feeling this book is going to keep me guessing through the entire thing! 

I've also been reading through the book of Proverbs. Just one chapter a day means I can make it through the entire book of the Bible in a month. 

trying// This past weekend, I tried some freezer meal aka make ahead cooking. I love being able to come home and just pop a casserole in the oven. Supper done. Pre-made casseroles also come in handy for friends that are about ready to pop with a new baby! I spent the majority of the day on Sunday making a few of our favorite casseroles - and of course, splitting them in half so the college student could have a descent meal, too. 

hoping// Hoping and praying for my girls and our family. It's been hard getting back into a routine this school year. I'm not sure I'm a fan of middle school just yet {ask me in a few more weeks}, but cheerleading has us hopping right now. Wayne is dealing with a new routing system at work and S is in her senior year of college and trying to do her own balancing act. But I'm not complaining. I'm happy and content. I guess I'm hoping for our "normal" routine to return soon.

decorating// Last week I had a roll call here on the blog and asked y'all when do you begin decorating for fall.  Most everyone said that they begin decorating around the beginning of September. I had several more comments from you "northern girls," this time, so that was exciting! The bigger and better state of Texas had the most comments; last roll call, it was Mississippi. If you left a comment, thank you! I read them all!

So decorating! Over Labor Day weekend, I decorated the chandelier over our island in the kitchen. This isn't something that gets done every single year, but like I said in one of my comments, my heart has to really be into it, and, well!  I guess it was this year!  Besides, I was really hoping to change the arrangement up by adding some red gingham ribbon I bought at Michael's.Oh, how I tried to get a descent picture to show you how beautiful it turned out, but alas, my camera phone stinks.

to-do listing// This one was kinda hard for me.  I really don't have a to-do list right now. Lucky me, right?

See y'all next month!

11 comments:

  1. No To-Do list makes me super happy but I always seem to have one. On it is going over to South Bend and kicking some Irish defensive line's butts!!! You know what I'm saying sista!! Love seeing what my doll is currently up too and love me some gingham ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I got your back on the Irish defense! Hopefully this will be a better week for your favorite team!

      Delete
  2. No to-do list? Unheard of! You are lucky :) And I love this idea of freezer meals... I need to get it together and try some out sometime. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried some new recipes for the freezer meals, so I'm excited about trying them out!

      Delete
  3. I would love to see your chandelier picture! We've been in our house eight years & I feel like I do the same ol' stuff when decorating. I need some new ideas!
    How smart are you to make some freezer meals? I've never done that, but have always wanted to!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to get a picture up soon of the chandelier over our island. All our cameras are dead right now and my camera phone is pathetic, but Wayne's is pretty descent, so I'll try. I've very happy with the way it turned out and I loved the addition of the red gingham ribbon. Our kitchen is red, so it was a perfect change up this season!

      Delete
  4. Freezer meals are such a great idea. Especially if it ever cools off, casseroles make such a cozy dinner. Can't wait to see your decorations. And new routines are definitely hard. High school is good so far, but lots of new things even for mom to learn. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And having casseroles prepared ahead of time is so convenient. I wish my man enjoyed them more! Glad Grace's transition to high school has gone well.

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of doing Proverbs in a month! I may do that for October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, please get a picture of the chandalier. I really want to see it. I haven't thought about decorating the one over my island. A good idea!

    ReplyDelete