Thursday, August 11, 2016

I Know, I Know!

Did you seriously think I had dropped off the face of the earth?

Y'all, I have not blogged a single day in August until Tuesday!  What is WITH me?!

So, so not me, but I'll try and get you caught up!


Being a mom was especially difficult last week. I hit rock bottom in the mother category, y'all. No gold medals here! It was a situation where I was mad and disappointed and oh-so hurt. I cried one of my ugliest, snot-slinging cries ever while I was on my knees in prayer. My heart was just broken. But I believe that both prayer and time can heal all wounds and so I'm moving forward. God is showing me so much about his character right now.

In happier news, Wayne and I got the opportunity to meet Hershel Walker and hear his life story last week. My first Heisman trophy winner greet and meet and I was SO excited! Wayne was beside himself - even if Hershel did play for the University of Georgia! He was humble, funny, approachable and professed to be a Christian. He grew up in church and said he didn't want to even play college football.  He wanted to be a marine instead and as I listened to his story, I was so reminded of my own dreams that I had to learn to let go of, too, at an early age. When we let God have control of our lives, some pretty amazing things can happen!


On Sunday afternoon, I co-hosted a baby shower for one of my dear friends, Kristin.  Mr. Brady will be arriving in September and mama is ready! Kristin had a great shower and the nursery is now fully stocked with the ittiest, bittiest diapers in. the. whole. wide. world. There is NO way Alise was ever that tiny! No way!


On Monday, I made Trisha Yearwood's Peach Cobbler when S came over to eat dinner with us.  I have to say that it's now my favorite!  So yummy! S loved it! It blows my mind that she hasn't had most of the "southern dishes" and traditions that are so ingrained in us here in the south. I'm working on her, though!  Next up: banana pudding!

Tuesday, Alise had cheerleading pictures for the football program. And it was HOT, even at 9:30 in the morning! We took them on the bayou and all the moms swear we saw an alligator swimming around. He would rear his head every now and then and we'd ask each other, "Did you just see that?" I never claimed to be a photographer - Bailey moved her head - and my old phone totally sucks when it comes to taking pictures (remember my "new" phone fell in the pool earlier this summer) so I'm totally pumped about seeing the professional ones of Baby Girl.



Yesterday, we celebrated D's birthday at a local Mexican restaurant. I picked up some cupcakes on the way and we had our own little fiesta minus Baby Girl.  She was at cheerleading practice and she was NOT happy that she had to miss it! Loved spending time with my big girls though! D is so busy with life these days, that it's hard to nail her down for a get together, but I insisted we go eat for her birthday. She is such a great friend to S and so mature for her age. Both girls are getting excited about the new season and I'm even more excited that a beach trip to Myrtle Beach may be in my future early next year!  Eek!


So that about sums up our last two weeks. School starts next Wednesday, but I'm still in denial.  Gonna enjoy my last "free" weekend with the family and friends! Y'all have a good one!

12 comments:

  1. Can't believe school starts for you already! Our kids don't go back until after Labor Day, but they didn't get out until the end of June. Of course, my baby is off to college so I guess it doesn't even matter! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Enjoy your summer, Lana! I hate to break it to ya, but all things come to an end! Ha! Yes, school starts next week and we get out mid-May.

      Delete
  2. Your daughter's cheer uniform is so cute! I almost called it an outfit, but stopped myself. It drives my husband crazy when I call uniforms outfits. Ha! I would have freaked if I would have seen an alligator swimming around. I guess you'r probably use to that there, though.
    I have always wanted to go to Myrtle Beach. I hope you get to go and can fill me in incase I ever get to go.
    You look adorable in all your pictures! Hope you have some fun-filled last few days of summer break!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call uniforms outfits, too, so even if you had said it, I would have known what you were talking about! Maybe it's a southern thing!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about summertime and blogging. We have been having lots of summer fun, but I haven't been very motivated to get it into the blog. We still have about a week and half before school starts, but it will be pretty busy with high school orientation etc. Hope you have a wonderful last "free" weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I hope you enjoy your last few weeks, too!

      Delete
  4. The kiddos started back here Monday!! CRAZY. Alise looks so cute in her uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I can't wait to see the professional pictures! I might go a little crazy with the picture buying!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh - hope things are looking up for you. We all have those moments in life where we fall to our knees in tears. But things always will work their way out. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca Jo! Life is tough but God is faithful.

      Delete
  6. Soak it up sweet friend!! LOVE your shower outfit and Ahhh Alise's cheer pics...so precious!! Been thinking of you and praying for your comfort!!! Lots of HUGS!!!! And virtual wine, ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Love ya!!

      Delete