Wednesday, July 20, 2016

What's Cooking In My Kitchen This Summer

Image result for lazy dog days of summer

We're totally in the lazy dog days of summer around here in Louisiana.  And it's HAWT, y'all! Can I get an, "amen"?

We've had several soirees and pool parties with our friends and coharts over the last month and a half and today I thought I would share some new recipes that I've tried this summer. We love to entertain and have friends over and so far, summer 2016 has been no exception! Here are a few things that I've tried recently:

S found this Chili Mac recipe on Facebook and begged me to try it one night for family night, so I caved. Some of you may call this a traditional goulash and I swear it kept growing and growing!  Ha!  We had leftovers for several days. I think she liked it more than anyone, simply because she was missing some comfort food. The chili mac was good and I would definitely make it again.

I made this Chocolate Cheese Ball when the girls came over to hang out one night in June. I served this dessert ball with animal crackers and graham crackers and we literally could NOT stay away from it.  The only ingredient I left out was the marshmallows, because I'm not fond of them.  I think it's a texture thing with me. But anyway. Minus the marshmallows, it is still any chocolate lovers dream!


Oh yea!  And now would probably be a good time I guess to mention two adult beverages that went along with "girls night in" last month, too. I made Hippie Juice and a strawberry lemonade concoction that I seriously can't find the pin for right now. I added fresh strawberries to both drinks and maybe even a little more vodka than what the recipes actually called for.  By the end of the night, the two beverages were gone and we were all playing bartender.

And just to vent a little bit...I have NO luck when it comes to internet or Pinterest beverage recipes. I'm better off at GNO just serving a full bar and letting everyone fix what they want.  That's pretty much the route we've decided to go from now on.  Any comments about that?


I am SO excited about having a breakfast alternative with my family!  Introducing "breakfast sliders," and they are the bomb dot com. So, so good, even without the egg {because my family is weird like that!}.  I made these one morning and even S was asking for the recipe to make them for her team mates.  And she actually made them, too! So yummy!


Alise loves fettuccine alfredo!  The girl takes after her moma as far as being a carb queen! Although I'm not fond of a white sauce and after buying a brand name sauce in the store, I was like, Alise, we've got to do better than this! And we did!  With Pinterest's help, of course!  I tried this recipe and Alise loved it! Minus the broccoli, though.  I served it on the side.


Happy Wednesday, friends!  I hope you're having a wonderful week! 

Oh!  If you have a Sonic in your area, but sure to check tomorrow to see if they are offering cheeseburgers at half price tomorrow. You can thank me later!

8 comments:

  1. You had me at Chocolate cheese ball but add in some breakfast sliders, emphasis in the syrup glaze, a jar of hippie juice and dinning alfresco by the pool with my doll, Laura; YOU missy and we're all set!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Girl, but I hope we don't barf in the pool!! EWWWWW!

      Delete
  2. Every single one of these recipes look great! I'm definitely going to make those breakfast sliders for my Bible study group in a few weeks.
    I think I pinned that Hippy Juice recipe once & never made it. I'm the worst with making drinks. The good ones always require way too many ingredients!
    Last, but not least; I feel the same way about marshmallows! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew we were great friends! Yes! Please make the sliders and let me know what you think! They're not hard at all, but may require a little more time to prepare. I'm curious how they will taste to you if you decide to make the egg layer. We're not egg people. Bleh!

      Delete
  3. How can you go wrong with a food called "Chocolate cheese ball"????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? It is SO good and perfect for parties and get togethers!

      Delete
  4. I'm positive I just gained 5lbs reading this! Watermelon vodka?? Where the heck have I been? Gonna have to check that out pronto..well after my drinking binge is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon vodka is awesome! It was my first time to buy some for this recipe and I have to say, by the time the night was over, we had finished the bottle!

      Delete