Thursday, July 07, 2016

Twinning: My Refined Style

Hello everyone!

When my best blog friend, Andrea, came up with the fabulous idea for both of us to style our Sammy dresses for this month's My Refined Style, I was SO excited.  And a LOT hesitant. Y'all know I'm not a fashion blogger - I just don't feel comfortable posing and posting pictures of myself - but when my Girlie asks for a favor, well, I just couldn't say no. And twinning with my beautiful friend was just an awesome opportunity that I couldn't pass up!


And so here we are!  Me and Andrea. Andrea and me. Isn't she beautiful with that blonde hair? I love how she added the pearl necklace, too, without telling me.  Just like neither of us knew that we had both ordered the same dress until I mentioned it a few months ago in a post. It makes my heart so happy how we added our own personal take on a perfect summer dress.  I'm a sucker for white dresses this time of year and this one is no exception! Love, love, love it!! {Ha!  Looks like Andrea did a better job of ironing hers! I may be a Southern Diva, but I'm no ironer!}

And I styled it with sunglasses, too! Just another example of us having good taste, great minds and maybe being sisters from another mother! Ha!


I'm including this picture only because it's my husband's favorite. He was my photographer and I hated to "put him to work" on Father's Day, but he snapped these for me before church that morning.


If you've been reading my blog for very long, you know that I'm a "big hair" kind of girl, so I have to say that I was having a pretty good hair day that morning! With all the humidity this time of year in Louisiana, I live for "good hair days."

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to say Hello to my bestie, Andrea, by clicking HERE.  I hope everyone is staying cool this week and enjoying summer!


21 comments:

  1. Perfection with a Capitol P!! Oh girl, you did so good, what a stunner you are!!! And no wonder that is Wayne's favorite pic....so pretty and you look innocent!!! Bha ha ha! What an honor to twin with my bestie with the big hair!! You're a true beauty inside and out, so proud to call you friend!!! We did it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, girl! Thanks so much! You already know I think you look beautiful - by the comment I left on your blog about the same time! Hahaha! I'll twin with you any day!! Let me know what you're ordering next! LOL!

      Delete
  2. You both pulled it off just fine! Beautiful dresses and love the summer white. Don't forget to stop over at my party and link up some Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! I uploaded an oldie for you today!

      Delete
  3. I love this dress and it looks great on both of you! I had never heard of that website where you ordered it. Have you ordered from them before? Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I had not ordered from them before, but my sizing was fine. Andrea said hers ran a little big. I've been on their website to see what else I could find since the prices were so cheap, but I haven't found anything else that I loved as much as this dress! Would definitely order from them again, tho.

      Delete
  4. That dress just SCREAMS summer. It looks so cool & can be fancy or casual - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca Jo! Like I said, I'm a sucker for white dresses!

      Delete
  5. You were having a good hairday. Wait, don't you always have good hair days? I love the dress and it's so cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are so cute! I love the dress, but I love the story of how you both bought it without knowing even more. Don't you just love how blogging brings people together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at y'all all dolled up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the two of you twinning. Great dress!! Looks fabulous on both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dress and the sunglasses are perfection !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this adorable dress! And both you and Andrea look oh so fabulous in it! And that necklace is everything. I am totally swooning over it! I really love your metallic sandals and that fantastic bag, too! Well done! For not being a fashion blogger, you sure do look amazing!!! I would love for you to join my On the Edge of the Week link up which goes live every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. EST...and you can link up anything at all...not just fashion posts! Have a wonderful week!

    Shelbee
    http://www.shelbeeontheedge.com/on-the-edge-of-the-week-link-up-4-and-tee-shirt-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute as can be! Enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, you are such a cutie and I love that you did twinsies with Andrea! I am a little slow getting around to visit the blogs who linked to the July My Refined Style Linkup. Thanks for adding your fabulous style to our over-40 party!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You both look amazing! If you get a chance pop by my blog and add this outfit to my link up :) http://sydneyfashionhunter.com/2016/07/asymmetric-yellow-halter-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress is just as adorable as you too!

    ReplyDelete