Friday, July 29, 2016

Happy National Lipstick Day!

Hello, Friday! I thought you'd never get here!


I mean WHAT is with you people?  No one has figured this out yet?!  Ha ha! My crock pot's broke, so that's my excuse!

So yea!  It's National Lipstick Day! All power to the women who wear it well! What more reason do you need to go out and treat yourself to a new color?! Try a new brand, even. 


Here are some of my favorites from the week!

FAVORITE VIDEO

I came home from a long day of work on Monday and decided to turn on the evening news.  I hardly ever watch the news anymore, but this story made me smile. Alright. Cry.  I cried. What a gift!  And I loved his sign! Our world needs more love.


And incase the video doesn't show up on my blog, here's the link: Heard Urine Need of a Kidney from Claire McMillan on Vimeo.

FAVORITE PRODUCT



Y'all! I got this awesome product last week in my Ipsy bag and I'm in love!  I could tell a difference the first time I used it!  My face just looked different.  It looked "fresher" and dewey {I told S a few weeks ago that she looked "dewey" in a pic she sent me and she looked at me like I was crazy.  She had NO idea what I was talking about!}. My makeup just looked better.  That's the only way I can describe it, so yes!  I think this is a product that I'll be splurging on and the fact that it's one of my favorite brands is also a plus!

FAVORITE QUESTION

It's not really a "favorite question," but something that I get asked about an awful lot - especially recently - and so I decided to just address the question here as much as I can. Everyone wants to know the story about S. The truth is, I wish I could tell you more, but for several reasons, and to reserve her privacy, I simply can't {I've probably shared too much in previous posts}. If you've been reading my blog for very long, or know me personally, then you know the struggle was real with this kid, as far as knowing what I needed to do and how much I needed to be a part of her life. A whole lotta prayers were sent Heavenward and the only thing I can say is that "It's a God thing." That's it.  I simply can't explain it any better than that. She calls me, "Mama" and drives me absolutely crazy! Ha! She is NOT a Southern Belle like me and has not been raised in "the Bible Belt," so that alone says that alotta prayers are still going upward. But when she tells me, "I made a scene {today}" or "I was ugly {to someone}," it makes me realize that I really am having an influence on her and I might just turn her into a Southern Belle one day after all! I'm also asked if she and Alise get along and I find that so funny because of course they're jealous of  each other and of course they fight like real sisters do, but it makes my heart smile when Alise says, "I love you, S" before we drop her off back at her apartment or S offers to do something Alise likes to do without her asking. I know this probably doesn't answer all of your questions, but it's all I can say right now.

FAVORITE PIC

I love y'all, but these Nordstrom sale posts are giving me hot flashes! Seriously!  Every time I see someone with a pic of a cardigan or boots on from the sale, I began to sweat! My skin gets prickly and I think, "did I put deodorant on this morning?" I am a fall/winter girl at heart - love the layers, love the boots - but right now - in JULY! - I just can't take it. I'm wearing tank tops so I don't melt, so it's hard for me to get interested in the sale.  My loss, though.  Guess I'll be paying full-price later. ANYWAY....I was SO excited to see this picture pop up in my FB feed this week! Bring on FALL & FOOTBALL!!


FAVORITE OUTING

These girls - including my BFF, Leigh, who isn't pictured - are my tribe. Girls Night Out had been planned for several weeks and because of an awful week, I texted to say I was backing out and to pray for me instead. At the last minute, I decided to go and I am so glad I did! I feel so blessed to have such awesome friends! A few margaritas and cheese dip may have been involved, too!  I love the back drop of this picture, if only the patio umbrella hadn't been in the way!


Okay, y'all!  I'm all out of favorites for the week!  Hoping your weekend is wonderful!  Mr. Horton and I are headed to Shreveport to see a singer by the name of Garth Brooks!  I'm so excited to be seeing him again!  It was kinda a last minute thing since we just saw him a year and a half ago, but I don't care!  I'm breaking out the cowboy boots!  And I'm sure I'll cry again during "The Dance."

Peace out!

11 comments:

  1. That quote .... I need that one in my kitchen! Fall recipes, my favorite time to cook out of this awful heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We should get the quote framed and put it in our kitchens, Michelle! Great idea! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Yes, 37 days to kick off!! Sooner for high school so I definitely need my crock pot to be working, lol!! Bring on Paula Dean and all my football paaaartay recipes!! Get out....my mama just said to me that seeing Garth is on her bucket list! We tried to get tickets when I was 20 years old and were the second to the last people in line Before they stopped giving out numbers for the tix drawing. wow so jealous girl I hope you have a time of your lives! Mr. nine and are are going to Chicago tonight after auction and I'll say a cheers to and Garth cause I've got friends in low places, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I remember the days of the "drawings for tickets" and having to have an "arm band" before you could get a ticket. Wayne and I saw him in Little Rock almost two years ago because he was on my bucket list, too! You be sure if he comes y'alls way to take that Sweet Mama of yours because he puts on an AWESOME show!! Sings ALL his old stuff!! Have fun, fun, fun in Chicago!! I'll be cheering you tomorrow night from Shreveport, BFF!!

      Delete
  3. Love this post!! You are so fun! I don't go anywhere (like even to the mailbox) without lipstick, so this should be like a National Holiday for me! Maybe I'll go splurge on a new shade to celebrate! I hope you have a fabulous time at Garth with your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go very many places without lipstick, either Emily! I think I'm headed out to buy a new shade on my lunch break! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. GARTH BROOKS?!?! That is a bucket list item for me. I am so excited for you. Girls Night is always wonderful. That Paula Deen picture just got to my fall lovin' heart. I am with you on it being to early. It is 106 here and yesterday Bath and Body Works was doing a great sale on candles and I had a bunch of pumpkin ones (my favorite) in my cart and I just could not hit send. Hahahaha, it is way too hot. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Jenna! You sound just like me on the fall clothes when you mentioned the candles. I think I may finally jump on the fall bandwagon clothes-wise in about September, but it will still be hot here in Louisiana. Yes! If you ever get the chance, Go see Garth Brooks! He puts on an AWESOME concert!

      Delete
  5. I stopped my ipsy bag. Never got anything I loved. I always stop too soon!!
    So glad to be part of your tribe!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend with Garth Brooks - haha! You should come visit me to get out of the heat. Seattle has the most lovely summers - 80 and no humidity today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I know Garth was "all that and a bag of chips." Didn't know there was a National Lipstick Day but I'm a fan for sure. I love lipstick!! Enjoyed your favorites and as I've said before, you may not ever know the positive influence you and yours have had on S. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete