Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Currently ~ July 2016

Hello, Peeps!  How was your 4th of July holiday!? I hope it was filled with lots of friends, family, fireworks, and FUN! Ours included all of that plus watermelon and chocolate cake! What more could a proud American ask for?

I'm keeping it short and sweet today for Anne's Currently linkup. Now that July 4th is officially behind us, we are on the "downhill slide" of summer and I always start to get a little ansy around this time of year, so we're going to enjoy the rest of it and soak up as much of it as we can! 




toasting// Okay. I admit. The week Alise was gone to camp and Steph was busy working a basketball camp on campus, my man and I may have had more than a few toasts! Ha! If I recall, there may have been a toast to "being kid-less," to our "good fortune of being childless for the week," and to "don't answer that phone!" You get the picture! 



Going// I hinted about this a little last week, but we're going to New Orleans next week to celebrate S's twenty-second birthday and I'm excited about it! She really didn't have much of a twenty-first birthday last year because she was new to our area and didn't know anyone, so I told Wayne that I would like to make it up to her this year. I mean, dang!  A twenty-first birthday needs to be celebrated! Even if it is a year later! I have to be in New Orleans for a conference so Wayne and I will celebrate with her on her actual birthday and then we will come back home the following day.  As a birthday gift to her, we're paying for a hotel room for the weekend for her and her friends. S is so excited about going to NOLA since she's never been before. I tried to stick around as a chaperone for the weekend, but Wayne wouldn't let me. {insert sad face} He said sometimes "not knowing" is for the best. He's probably right.

Smelling// One of my favorite things about the month of June are gardenias.  They're my favorite flower and my family knows this. Their sweet fragrance just screams summer to me. For some crazy reason, Wayne and Alise seemed to be in a contest as to who could surprise me with the most gardenias!  I found them all over the house - beside my bed, beside the kitchen sink, on my side of the vanity in the bathroom - and everytime I saw a fresh bouquet, they made me smile.

Wearing// My beautiful friend, Andrea - who blogs over at Living On Cloud Nine - texted me one day with the best idea evah! She and I both bought the lace dress from Sammy Dress {not planned} and she thought it would be a fabulous idea if we both wore our dresses and she would feature the two of us on her blog!  Well, of course, I couldn't say, no. However, it DID mean that I had to break out the iron and get to work after the dress, that was wrinkled to death due to the packaging.  I wore the dress on Father's Day and I think I love it even more than I thought I would! Check back tomorrow for more details.

Wishlisting// Nordstrom's anniversary sale begins on July 22nd.  I should have told them that that day wasn't going to work for me because it's Wayne's birthday and well, he probably wouldn't appreciate me buying myself gifts on HIS birthday!  Ha! So I haven't actually had time yet to sit down and make a wishlist, but the day is coming, I can guarantee it!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I would love to hear what my readers have been up to and/or maybe what you're toasting, going, smelling, wearing, and wishlisting! Leave me a comment and tell me about it.

8 comments:

  1. mmm... I love the smell of gardenias - such a smell of summer.
    you're right - after the 4th, its downhill for summer. our school around here starts in 3 weeks... so its REALLY downhill in these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gonna rock those LWD's so well, Sammy will hire us but not as professional ironers, lol!! NOLA here come the Hortons!!! So fun. You and Mr. Look so darn cute!! Cheers til tomorrow......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! A professional ironer I am not! Can't wait until tomorrow! Eek!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with Wayne on the NOT KNOWING! haha Look at us wishlisting the same thing. I seriously should not have looked at the catalog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!....but I feel like I NEED to be there! Lol! Gosh, I hope they behave themselves!!

      Delete
  4. Agree with W, what happens in NOLA stays in NOLA! LOL Mark always wants to know how I mange to get Nordstrom to have the sale my birthday week every year. ;-) Well, the presale anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with W, what happens in NOLA stays in NOLA! LOL Mark always wants to know how I mange to get Nordstrom to have the sale my birthday week every year. ;-) Well, the presale anyhow.

    ReplyDelete