Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Twofer

I decided to do something pretty fun today and that's post a "twofer."  Here in Louisiana, we refer to it as a "two for one."  I'm actually combining TWO linkups in ONE post today. Good stuff, peeps, so keep reading!


This month's "Stranded" linkup with Mix & Match Mama is about famous people. Today, I'm telling you about three famous people that I'd have with me on my deserted island.

{one.}
I believe every little girl looks up to a princess and Lady Diana will forever be my favorite! And with those words, I would beg and plead to try on that tiara!  Think she'd let me?  Ha! If she were still alive of course!


{two.}
Alright, alright, alright! This man, y'all!  LAWD, have mercy!! He had me at that Texas drawl!  I honestly have no idea what we would talk about, but just knowing that he could take care of me on a deserted island is all I need to know!


{three.}
Oh my gosh!  The laughs I could have with this Girlie! But the question I would most definitely need an answer to is, "Lyle Lovett?  Really?"





My second linkup today is The Kid Behind the Blog with Our Pretty Little Girls. I haven't participated in this linkup in a while, but it's always a fun one!


And I'm doing something even better by including BOTH my kids in the interview!  Here goes with Alise's answers first!

1. What  2 things do you like to do outside in the summer?
Play basketball and swim.



2. If you could go anywhere this Summer where would you go and why?
I would go either to the beach or Magic Springs.  I would like to go to the beach to catch hermit crabs at night and Magic Springs has really cool rides {Magic Springs??  Really?!?}.

3. What is your favorite thing about summer?
I like doing different camps.  This summer, I have been to cheer camp, basketball camp and art camp and I loved them all! And, of course, no school!


4. If you could pick any way to spend a hot Summer day, how would you spend it?
I would go swimming because it's a good way to cool down on a hot day.

5. What is your favorite Summer treat?
Ice cream sandwiches and watermelon.



With S's answers, I made up my own questions and I hope that her answers give you a little more insight into her personality. I've been wanting to do this for a while because so many of you have asked about her, but due to several reasons, I'm not able to share all the things that I would like to about our crazy girl!  Just know that she is deeply loved and a member of our family. Here we go:

1. Growing up, how many sports did you play? And, obviously basketball is your favorite. Why do you like it so much? I swam, golfed, played soccer, softball and basketball. I played all those sports "because my Daddy made me." I swam compeitively but it was so boring. Golf was boring. Oh, and I won district in high school for track. But I was horrible at soccer and the only time I got on base in softball was when I got hit in the head!  I could catch the ball, but I couldn't hit. Basketball is so much more competitive and upbeat. I love being on the court and competing and it's a contact sport.


2. You recently went back to your home town of Orlando and visited the downtown area {in daylight!}. What did you think about as you were walking around and seeing all the memorials?
I thought about all the lives that were lost and how scared I would have been if that had happened to me. My friends and I hang out in downtown Orlando sometimes and I had friends in the area that night and I knew people that died. While my friend and I were at the art center, I signed a heart shaped flower memorial that is going to be placed in a museum. All this violence that's going on makes me very sad.

3. What does the word, family, mean to you? People that you love and care about and that have your back no matter what.


4. Who is your hero and why? My daddy is my hero because he raised me and taught me everything I know.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why? I would have worked harder in high school to get better grades.

6. What motivates you? What drives you to do and act the way you do? Winning.  I hate to lose. I always play my best to win.

26 comments:

  1. You and Shelly both put Matthew McC. for your stranded island. I don't blame you...his accent and attitude are wonderful. I even like to watch his car commercials. Love your kids behind the blog section. So fun that you have "adopted" another daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those car commercials, Tanya! Get me every time!

      Delete
  2. I would put Princess Di too, you know I adore her!! Oh your lil watermelon girlie, so cute, love her answers!! Tell her I wanna go to the beach with her and her pretty mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go! I'm ready! Having a little staycation this week at the Rammer Jammer Chateau, but headed to NOLA with the Big Girl tomorrow for her birthday!

      Delete
  3. Great choices for your island life. ;) I am enjoying reading about who everyone picked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramona! I"ve had some "me time" this morning, and I've enjoyed seeing everyone's lists, too! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. A great two fer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, I kinda like Lyle Lovett :)
    But YES to Matthew being on an island. Anyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touche' Rebecca Jo! There's not too many of us that remember the "Lyle Lovett phase"! Ha!

      Delete
  6. Hahahaha.....I'm cracking up that we both chose Matthew and we BOTH started the same! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, Shelly! #greatmindslovematthewmcc

      Delete
  7. Love this post! Princess Diana is the picture of class, and you absolutely can't go wrong with Matthew! I totally don't understand Julia's attraction to Lyle either. Odd!
    I loved the interviews with your girls, too. Now I've got to google Magic Springs. I've never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Hot Springs, Arkansas!

      Delete
  8. Your stranded top three are perfect! How did I not think of them?! It was hard to only choose 3 ;). Hope you have a great week and I loved reading your blog for the first time!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendra! I know! As I was reading all the other posts today, I was like, why didn't I think of that person? Or that person? Enjoy your evening!

      Delete
  9. Love how you combined the two! Sounds like our kiddos have the same thoughts on all things summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Princess Di for the win. And I love that picture of your daughter with the watermelon! Your interviewees are way more succinct than my were :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarita! Watermelon is pretty popular at our house during the summer!

      Delete
  11. It looks like she's having a great Summer! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are taking these hot dog days of summer very slooooowlyyyyy! Ha! Saw school supplies in the stores this week and I nearly started hyperventilating!

      Delete
  12. How fun - love the interviews with your girlies! And I love your princess Diana pick - she would have been so interesting to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you wanted to ask Julua rOberts about Lyle Lovett--please report back her redponse! Maybe I should add Claudia Schiffer to ask her about her 90s engagement to David Copperfield!?! Liz @ Familyoffoley.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's a good one, Liz! Sounds like a great blog post: Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask Celebrities. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete