Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What's Up Wednesday ~ June 2016

It's the last Wednesday in June and I think everyone's screaming, where has the month gone? I know I am! Today I'm joining  Mix & Match Mama for her monthly What's Up Wednesday linkup.


What we're eating this week...I bought some Italian sausage stuffed bell peppers at our local grocery store for Sunday night and they were actually pretty good. I prefer beef, but whatevah. I believe I have come to the conclusion that I'll never be able to cook asparagus right. Even after using The Pioneer Woman's recipe, my second attempt was still mush! Yuck!! Other than that, I've actually tried some really great recipes this month and I'll try to share them in a post soon. Our menu this week involves General TSO chicken, Taco Tuesday, Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Red Beans and Rice.



What I'm reminiscing about...Nothing actually. Oh, wait! I have thought about this time last year when I fell down our stairs and was on crutches all summer with a fractured foot! That was the summer of hell and I am so darn thankful that I'm not on crutches this summer!

What I'm loving...Last Thursday, Jennifer and I headed to Jackson for shopping and I bought this pair of white capri leggings at J. Jill and I am in love! I have several tops and tunics that I can wear to work, but I've been missing a pair of white leggings to wear underneath.  I could sleep in these things, y'all!  They are SO comfortable! I wish I had bought two pairs! Definitely worth the price!  Now, if I can just keep them white! Ha!

What we've been up to...camps, camps, and more camps! June was VERY busy for Baby Girl and she loved every minute of it! July will be much slower for her and I think she's happy about that! We had a follow up with the neurologist earlier this week and everything is still good. We're going to take a break from one medicine for the remainder of the summer and begin it again two weeks before school starts. Wayne and I are doing something we've never done and we're actually going to bed before Alise does!  I'm letting her stay up until midnight on the weekdays since she's staying home by herself this summer.  It makes my life so much easier in the mornings getting ready and out the door for work, too!

On Monday, we put Stephanie on a plane in Shreveport to fly "home" to Orlando for a visit before basketball season gets totally underway on July 3rd. She was excited to be going home, but I think she was a little worried with all the things that have been going on in that city for the past few weeks.

What I'm dreading...I hate this heat y'all and it's only going to get worse here in Louisiana! July, August, and September are just awful! Especially with the extra humidity! Ugh!

What I'm working on...Nothing.  I'm being a bum.  What can I say?

What I'm excited about...I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but nothing has got me doing summersaults and cartwheels right now. I'm kinda in a com se come sa state of mind right now.

What I'm watching/reading...Guess what! As of yesterday, Wayne and I only have THREE more episodes of Friday Night Lights until we finish the entire series!  That's such an accomplishment for us! I want to find another show to watch together! Any suggestions?  Me, myself, and I need to finish Parenthood. AND on top of that!  I've nearly finished a book!  I haven't finished reading a book in six months, y'all! I'm nearly done with The Girl You Lost by Kathryn Croft and it reminds me of Girl On A Train.



What I'm listening to...I've gone country, y'all! Back to my roots!  I don't know what it is, but I've been listening to some Prime Country on XM radio in my car and I'm LOVING it! Garth, Lorrie Morgan, Crystal Gayle, George Strait, just all the good stuff and it makes me happy!

What I'm wearing...An exciting post about this dress is coming next week!  Stay tuned!! Eek!



What I'm doing this weekend...I plan to lay out by the pool all weekend with a good book and a frozen strawberry-lemonade from Sonic. I'm craving some salads since posting to Shelly's linkup earlier this week so I may throw something together if I can get Wayne to grill something up for us. Alise is looking forward to having some friends over to swim, too.

What I'm looking forward to next month...We have a quick trip to New Orleans planned mid-July. More on that next week.  Wayne and I are also taking some time off together next month. Very much needed! We're also going back to see Mr. Garth Brooks at the end of July. I'll be breaking out the boots again!

What else is new...Nothing that I can think of.

And the bonus question: What is your favorite July 4th tradition and/or recipe? No July 4th would be complete without fireworks in my opinion. One of my favorite memories is going to dinner at a local restaurant with Wayne and sitting on their deck all evening drinking wine and watching the fireworks on the river. My favorite thing to eat is warm apple pie with ice cream!  Yum!

11 comments:

  1. Soooo excited for our link up next week! Showed Mr. Nine and he goes"Aww, y'all are so cute!" Ha he does not y'all but he did it for you, lol. K, another thing we have in common, I can NEVER get asparagus right, never ever crisp!! And PRIME COUNTRY IS MY JAM!! What I grew up with. Going to ask my mom why in the world she gave my sista up for adoption?? Bha ha ha. K so you know we watched FNL twice and Parenthood was my favorite! After you finish that, we are currently hooked on Prison Break...big time love!! And big time love for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I loved Mr. Nine! Lol! Oh, I am SO glad I'm not the only one that suffers from asparagus failure! I'm not sure I could get Wayne to finish Parenthood with me, but I've seen you mention Prison Break before, so maybe we'll start with that one! Love you, too, Sister! I hope you're having a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh honey camp is over for us now and I'm letting my baby girl stay up too! It makes for happier and easier days. I so feel ya! I may need to check out, literally because I don't buy books unless they are at Goodwill, The Girl You Lost! Sounds gooood! I love that you are also layin' it back this summer - I mean c'mon it is summer let's let it drip by like molasses right? And AMEN to the classic country I swear that's all I listen to and my kids belt it out too! King Geroge forever! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we think alike, Amanda! Hope you're having a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. Where has the month gone? You are right that it is flying by. Your plan for time by the pool sounds perfect. We don't have any big plans for the rest of the summer and that's what I plan to do lots of! Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! Happy 4th of July to you, too!

      Delete
  4. I love JJill's leggings too and in general, I like their clothes. Sounds like it has been a jam packed month for you. Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love JJill's clothes, too, but I haven't bought as many things recently as I use to.

      Delete
  5. I cannot believe it's the end of June! Our weather is just getting nice - July, August & September are our prettiest, nicest months. You should come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish I could come visit, Lana! We could talk about Hawaii!! Loved seeing y'alls pics on IG. Brought back too many amazing memoires.

      Delete