Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Stranded With...Netflix Series

Hello friends!

What I wouldn't give to be stranded right now on a deserted island! I mean seriously.  Just for a few days, though.  I can't go without running water or a diffuser for very long! I would say that I couldn't go without my cellphone, too, but since dropping it in the pool and reverting back to my old one, my cellphone life has become very arcahic indeed.  I've lost so much!

Anyway!  On with today's post!



This post was another "thought provoking" one for me this month.  Just because 1) I don't watch much TV and 2) it was just plain too hard to narrow my choices down to just three.

Here's the List I originally started with.  Did any of yours match up with mine?  Would love to hear about it in the comments!

Friday Night Lights
House of Cards
Parenthood
Bloodline
Gilmore Girls
Grace & Frankie

And THESE are the THREE I chose and why!

{one.}
Parenthood. This was the first Netflix show that I ever watched by. my. self. Wayne and Alise knew not to bother me while Moma was watching Parenthood!  Ha!  I actually began watching last summer when I fractured my foot and had nothing to do but lie in bed, cry, and eat the Dove chocolate that Leigh brought me. And so since it was a show that I started by myself, I feel like it's the perfect one for a deserted island as well because I truly want to finish it!  I think I'm barely in Season 3. Hoping to pick it up again this summer, WITHOUT a broken foot!

{two.}
Gilmore Girls. Alise and I loved this series, but because it got a little too much for a ten year old {at the time}, we quit watching.  I wouldn't let Alise watch anymore and she made me promise that I wouldn't watch it without her. But what happens on a deserted island, stays on a deserted island and what Baby Girl doesn't know won't hurt her! Love, love, love this sweet show! And the fact that the show is being revised is an even bigger plus!

{three.}
Grace and Frankie. This show keeps popping up on my Facebook feed and it was suggested alot when Big Mama asked what everyone was watching last week. One of my friends watched the first season and said that it was absolutely hilarious and I saw that the second season is out.  I love Lily Tomlin, especially in all those whacky movies she did with Bette Midler in the '80's, so I'm really going to give this one a try.  I thought it might be a fun comedy for a deserted island.

What do you think of my picks? What three Netflix series would you chose?

20 comments:

  1. Parenthood would be my pick since I began watching it when it first came out and then somehow I fell behind. So if I'm going to lay around sunning myself all day, I'd want to watch something that I haven't seen a zillion times. To make it even better I hope some rum would be around to sip through each episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, plenty of tropical drinks that come with an ever cute cabana boy!!

      Delete
  2. I started watching Parenthood in "real" time when it first came out....need to finish the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in agreement on 3 on your list - Parenthood, Friday Night Lights and House of Cards. If I had to pick another it would be Downton Abbey :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Vicki! How could I forget Downton Abbey!?? Another favorite for sure!

      Delete
  4. Must watch Parenthood and GG soon! Do you think Gilmore Girls would be ok for a 14 year old? I clicked over to the comments on the BigMama post...so many ideas there! Grace and Frankie is just ok for me. It's something good to have on when you're doing other things too, but definitely not safe for kids. Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think GG would be ok for 14 year olds. Alise wants to watch it again so bad, that I'm thinking about picking back up with it again with her. We took an hiatus because I thought it was too much for a ten year old.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen any of those shows... so apparently I have a lot to watch over the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rebecca! You must catch up! I don't watch alot of TV, but these are some of my favorites!

      Delete
  6. Parenthood, my number one jam but we watched Friday Night Lights all seasons twice!!! I have binged these all but G&F, but if my Laura like it them I will too and love Lily T too!! Mr. Nine and I are binging Prison Break right now. OMG, it's older...like 2005-2009 but I get rawled up with every episode. SOOOOOOO GOOD!! Our boys watched all 81 episodes and said BEST series they have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cool! I don't think I've heard of Prison Break. We're looking for a new series since we're almost finished with FNL. And of course that show would be on BOTH our lists since we're the football season Divas! Have a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  7. Friday Night Lights is on my list! I am currently watching Hart of Dixie and it's GREAT! I am waiting on new episodes of When Calls the Heart and Young & Hungry. I loved Melissa & Joey (total 90's kid alert). I think I'm going to give Cedar Cove a try, too. I've watched all of Friends, Gilmore Girls, and FUller House. OH1 And The Ranch. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Stephanie! You win the Netflix prize!

      Delete
  8. I haven't watched Parenthood, but lots of ppl say they like it so I may have to check it out! As you know, I recommend PLL but I also recommend Hart of Dixie (def. a little more family friendly so far). I'm still on season 1, but I really like Hart of Dixie so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara for the suggestion! I'll have to check out Hart of Dixie.

      Delete
  9. Love, love parenthood! I have watched the whole series and I want to be one of the Bravermans! I am so glad you said GG was a little much for a 10 year old because I have seen them all in real time so I could not remember. I can't wait to be able to watch with Olivia. We are watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix and we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! Alise likes Once Upon A Time, too!

      Delete
  10. Parenthood is so good!! I want to be a Braverman!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You HAVE to watch Bloodline!!!!! It is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete