Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded With...Books


Today I'm linking up with Mix and Match Mama to share three books I would take if I were stranded on a deserted island.  Can't wait to read what everyone else will be reading, too! Wouldn't it be fun if we were all stranded together so we could have one huge, gigantic book swap?!  On a deserted island?!  I dare say that would be awesome!  Here's the books I would be taking with me!

{one.}
The Bible. Because God knows if I was stranded, I would need a whole lot of Jesus!


{two.}
Gone With The Wind. Being the Southern Diva that I am, there is no way I would be stranded on a deserted island without my favorite book of all time. There's history, there's romance, there's Rhett telling Scarlett he doesn't give a damn...I mean, it doesn't get much better than that! Let's just hope that I don't have to resort to tearing pages out of the book to start a fire! Ha!

{three.}
My third choice was much harder. I mean, I love to read!  It's just hard to narrow down a third book! I mean, do you want to be stranded with a book you've already read - and you know it's a good one! - or do you take a book that you haven't read?  What if you do and three pages into it, you really do want to start a fire with it?

So I decided that I would want to have Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers with me if I were stranded on a deserted island. It's probably my second favorite book of all time and one that I would never, ever even DREAM of tearing the pages out to start a fire with. Ha! I absolutely love this book and could read it over and over again.

Happy Wednesday, Friends!  We're closer to Friday and the weekend!

13 comments:

  1. We have similar picks - but my retelling of Hosea is When heaven weeps - someone told me Redeeming love is based off the same story & let me borrow it - I have to read it next - Cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Redeeming Love as much as I did, Rebecca Jo! I'll have to check out When Heaven Weeps. Thanks for the info because I am SUCH in the reading slump right now! Have a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Ughhh,,, everyone has picked the Bible except me. Why didn't I think of that?! I've never read gone with the wind either...I feel like I am missing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't beat yourself up, Molly! I'm headed your way to check out your choices! But you MUST read GWTW! It's a southern classic!

      Delete
  3. See, I'd totally take a book I haven't read before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously considered it, Elaine, but depending on when the deserted island part takes place, I decided to go with something I knew I loved.

      Delete
  4. I love Redeeming Love. That's so funny that you mentioned GWTW because I just pulled out my copy from 1980 for Grace to read this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gone with the Wind. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. Gosh, picking just three would be hard. Bible for sure! I seriously think I would pick a children's book as one of my picks. Maybe "I'll Love You Forever"...gets me everytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just telling Melanie Redd from Ministry of Hope about Redeeming Love this afternoon when she asked me about a recommendation on a book I have read. This is one of my all time favorite reads too! Amazing story..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous choices! I went with a prayer book instead of the Bible. And I love Gone With The Wind! I'll have to check out Redeeming Love! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES on Gone with the Wind. When I was down in Charleston for NYE, we went into an old bookstore that had one of the first edition copies of Gone with the Wind. I didn't get it because it was $200 but now I'm kicking myself. I'll be back down there next week and am going to go back...just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Redeeming Love, it is my all time favorite book too! Francine Rivers is fantastic! Great post!

    ReplyDelete