Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

My Mother's Day weekend was wonderful...and I little bitterseet.  More on that later.

On Sunday, Alise had planned to do her traditional thing, which is fix me breakfast in bed, but we decided to go to the early service at church, so that didn't happen.  It was okay, though.  I'm not much of a breakfast person anyway.  Just give me a Diet Coke and a Special K bar and I'm good.  Here is a picture of Alise and I before we left for church.



Once I got to our Life Group class, I noticed that Summer, Leigh, and myself all had on matching colors!  It was so funny because it certainly wasn't planned.  So we decided to take a pic of the occassion! Summer's dress looks black in the picture, but it was navy. Sweet Moma's for Mother's Day!


And remember my friend, Jennifer?  Well, I thought she looked so pretty Sunday, so I grabbed a picture with her, too.  I wanted one with our girls in it, but it didn't happen.  They ran off.


I told Wayne that I wasn't in the mood to fight the restaurants this year for lunch.  Besides, I got my "pasta fix" the day before when Alise and I took my mom to eat lunch at Roma. So this year, I told Wayne that I wanted to just go home after church and have him grill me a steak because I think his steaks are better than any restaurant any day!  And so that's what we did! We had grilled steaks, baked potatoes, and salad.  But first, I ran into yet another beautiful mom friend at the grocery store! My friend, Karen!


We ate outside and Alise and I layed out by the pool while our pool boy worked. I read a book and Alise worked on her speech until....yep!  You guessed it!  The clouds started rolling in. By then, the Big Kid was blowing my phone up with texts, I had gotten some sun, and so I just decided to go inside to get ready to do something, anything!  After Alise finished her speech, I took her and S to see The Jungle Book.  Never in a million years did I think I would love that movie as much as I did!  It was great! #notajunglebookfan


I won't lie.  I was a little disappointed that S didn't go to church with us on Sunday morning; I really wanted her there, but she sent me the sweetest text and I quickly got over it. I picked her up and like I said, we went to see The Jungle Book because it was the only movie I could take an 11 year old and a 21 year old to.  Steph had been wanting to see it for a while, but Alise didn't.  Needless to say, I think she was surprised.

When we got home, S opened "our" laptop that she's been borrowing {her phone has been toast since Saturday night} and she had an email from her mother. Her REAL mother, y'all!  As in the mother who left her shortly after birth and that she's never talked to. It's a super long story and one that I don't care to discuss right now, but I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't feel like I had been kicked in the stomach...several times...and left to die. The tears began to flow and I fixed myself a big, fat drink!  Tough times call for tough drinks and I went reaching for the Vodka! S and I talked as best we could through our tears, but my heart is just broken for my girl. Please keep her in your prayers.

And so that's how I celebrated Mother's Day! Getting to spend time with all the people I love and eating my favorite food, and laying out by the pool for a few hours reading a book!  Pure Bliss!

5 comments:

  1. Love all the pics with you and the other mommas. Must have been difficult for both you and S, but I know with your guidance she will navigate those waters too!! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a full day for sure and ran the full gammet of emotions as well. I'm so glad that Steph has you to lean on and encourage her. I'm sure you may never know the positive impact you are having on her life. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like two steps forward and three steps back with her, Lea. Please continue to pray for Steph.

      Delete
  3. I feel like such a bad friend. I'm thinking you haven't posted since the last time i posted & i find all this stuff i haven't read! I'm thinking the socials have hurt the blogging community so much. or maybe its just me. PS this macbook is going to be the death of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grown up daughter and I saw the Jungle Book last week and we both loved it too! Happy Mother's Day... be encouraged you're pouring something positive into another's life : )

    ReplyDelete