Monday, May 09, 2016

Ketchup In Pictures

Here are some snippets from our past week. Memories that I wanted to share to our online scrapbook!

Wednesday, May 4th

Also known as, "May the Force Be With You" Day.  Alise wore her "Keep Calm & Join The Dark Side" t-shirt to school, much to my disappointment. I am blessed with a Star Wars geek.  Two actually.

In other news, and to make a long story short, Alise has decided to run for PRESIDENT of her class! Go Alise!  So stinkin' proud of Baby Girl! This was a decision she made all on her own and so at 8:00 Wednesday night, I'm in Freds Discount buying poster board and whatever else we can find for her to make her campaign posters because, after all, they were due that Friday!


So proud of this girl for taking our favorite song right now, Meagan Trainor's, "No," and turning it into a campaign slogan. Also, I think one of her running mates began feeling sorry for her and actually put up some Star Wars posters on this day for Alise's campaign, too. So sweet!  Also, a pat on my back for myself because I think this was the first time I have EVER let Alise "do her own thing" and not been involved in a school project of hers.  Go me!

Thursday, May 5th

Alise's last elementary performance. All I can say is that you had to be there.



Cinco de Mayo always calls for margaritas and I have to say that they were the best I've had in a long time! Missin' Angie and sharing just one with the girls on Thursday night. So much fun! Even if S cut D's head off with the Snap Chat filter!


Friday, May 6th

Alise's last elementary Field Day.  Or rather, last field day for life, I guess. She won three ribbons!


Such a sweet, sweet bridesmaid and lingerie shower for a dear Life Group friend's daughter Friday evening. MORE Mexican food involved and a sopapilla cheesecake for dessert that was so, so crazy good!! GOTTA get that recipe!!


Saturday, May 7th

Started the day out with really big hair!



Included my first pedicure (and mani) of the season!

Lunch with my Mom at one of my favorite local Italian restaurants.  Three generations!


Date night with my man - that I can't seem to find a picture for, but we took one! Of course we did!

So this catches us up until Mother's Day and I really want to devote a whole post for that special day because it truly was a day that I will always remember.  Just perfert!

I've been in and out of Blog Land because S has been borrowing our lap top for the last few weeks. Finals are this week, so I hope to get it back very soon and resume my normal schedule.  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Alise!!! It is so hard when they reach milestones and you know they will never do "something" again. Sounds like a fabulous week all around. And, Alise looks so much like your momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful week, and can't wait to hear about your Mother's Day. It really is bittersweet when kids go through their "last" events of whatever stage they are in. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I hope all went well for Alise yesterday!! Love that 3 gen pic, no wonder you're so beautiful!! Lovely mama!! I'm with ya love, so many lasts for us this month, I'm am emotional basket case but we can do this!!! How happy am I that you had a great Mother's Day, my goodness, how you deserve it beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this picture with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete