Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Currently ~ May 2016

Yay! It's Wednesday! Only two more days until Friday and the weekend! Are you counting down the days as much as I am?

I'm joining Anne today for her monthly Currently Linkup. Would love for you to leave a comment telling me what you're celebratingreadingponderingsipping, and going. And if you have a blog, please join us!



celebrating// This month we're celebrating Baby Girl's eleventh birthday! I CAN. NOT. believe Alise will be eleven! In the last few years, we've kept birthdays pretty low key. We usually celebrate with the three of us and my parents. Alise's favorite birthday dinner is usually at the habachi restaurant and then we come home to open presents and eat cookie cake. Sometimes she asks for friends to come over and spend the night. I'm pretty sure this year will be similar to years in the past but we will definitely be celebrating Baby Girl all day long because that's the way she expects likes it!

We're also celebrating THIS Girlie's graduation in a few weeks!  So proud of our Big Sis, A! Alise and I went to our school's first Powder Puff game last week and it was so much fun!  I had no idea that A was as competitive as she is! She was a hustler on the field!  WTG, A!



reading// Y'all!  I have the ABSOLUTE BEST NEWS!!  My BFF, Tracy, is BLOGGING AGAIN!!! Can you see me doing the happy dance?!  Remember all those times I told y'all that through my ten years of blogging that I've met some AH-mAZing friends?  Well, Tracy is one of them! She's a Georgia Girl and as snarky as they come! Her white trash 40th birthday party was a complete HOOT! We text and Snap all the time and even though we've never met in real life, I know that we would truly be the best of friends!  Go HERE to visit her blog and tell her that I sent you!


Confessions of a Semi-Slacker Mom

pondering// Every time I see the word, ponder, I think of the verse in the Bible that reads, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." And to be quite honest, I'm not sure what that means. I'd like to think it means that she continued to think about them; she meditated on the things she treasured.  If that's the case, then I've been doing an awful amount of pondering these days. God is doing some amazing things right now with our family and with S. She has come so far since we met her last fall and I can begin to see little pieces of happiness in her life now.  She and a friend actually came to our Life Group party at our house this past Friday night and on Sunday, she came to church with us.  I think I cried tears of joy all during our Life Group that morning. So I'm truly pondering these small successes in S's life and thanking God so much for answering my prayers.

sipping// Apparently, I've been doing a whole lot of sipping! 



I posted this picture last week on my Snap Chat and some of you went NUTS! I didn't drink all those Diet Cokes in one day...that's actually over a five day binge!  Ha! One a day, peeps!  Just one a day. The water thing...meh. I'm over it.

going// We were going ALL weekend and I am still trying to play catch-up on sleep and rest. On Saturday, the rain finally stopped and we spent the afternoon at a barrel race to see D compete with her horse, Doo-Dat. You might have seen my Snap video. On her first race, she knocked over a barrel, so her time was voided and she would have won that competition!  We were so bummed!  She won the second competition and again on Sunday, so Sister brought home some cash!  Apparently, she's the girl to beat at these things!  Loved having all my girls together again for a few hours!



More about the fish Alise is holding - and the newest member of the Horton family - in a later post.  I have S to thank for that! Just thanking the good Lord above that they didn't win that long-eared rabbit they were trying for!

In other news, special thank yous are going out today to my awesome friends, Michelle and Andrea for featuring me last week and again this week. I feel so honored and loved! Thank y'all so much for your kind words. You certainly know how to make a girl feel special! You can read the articles HERE and HERE.

I'm skipping out the rest of the week and starting the Mother's Day celebrating a little early, but I'm linking up with Party At My Place and Friday Favorites! To ALL my readers, I hope you are blessed with a very happy and relaxing Mother's Day!

8 comments:

  1. You've received some sweet comments on your Connect With post. Here's to a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, like I said you're quickly becoming the highest featured, it just keeps growing and growing because I'm linking it up everywhere! Welcome to the Horton family little fish! Don't kill it like I did to my my sons, lol. Alise is such a sweet pea like her mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay me! Thank you for the shout out! Now just keep your fingers crossed I can keep it up!!! And figure out how to work everything again! Happy early Birthday to Alise! And your ponder makes me want to cry bc of the awesome person that you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!! Thanks so much, Tracy! My girls have my heart!

      Delete
    2. Aw!! Thanks so much, Tracy! My girls have my heart!

      Delete
  4. Awe, happy birthday to Alise! Time just flies by. There's just nothing like those Sonic drinks but I rarely go anymore. I'm pretty much a water drinking gal now, took me a while to adjust, but it's good now. Have yourself a very happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the best when your favorite blogs have new posts! And while we've only had 2 so far, I think celebrating my kid's birthday is pretty awesome (though bittersweet) - hope you enjoy the celebrations for yours as well. Sounds like it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete