Thursday, April 07, 2016

Thursday Confessions ~ Take 9


I confess...So I go into our local grocery store last week to get some things for Girls Night In, and they have NOTHING on my list!  I'm like, Is it about to snow or something?  Is there a hurricane headed in our direction that I don't know about? Because normally, that's the only time there is a "run" on items. No shrimp, no limes, no strawberry glaze.  I had two lemons in my buggy.  Yes, I said, buggy. TWO lemons, y'all!  I told Wayne, "Com'on!  We're outta here!" And I left the buggy right there in the aisle! I was ticked!!  I mean, seriously!  Was EVERYBODY making a strawberry shrimp trifle with lime juice last week?!

I confess...I forgot to mention that I ran into an old college friend of mine Easter weekend at the mall. We graduated together from NLU in accounting, both got our CPAs, and kept in close contact until a while after Alise was born.  When she told me she had a 19, a 17, and a 14 year old, I nearly died! Unfortunately, Jeana told me she does absolutely nothing with social media and we didn't exchange addresses, so I'm afraid we've lost touch again. Ugh!  I really hate that!

I confess...The Monday after Spring Break sucks! And I hate using that word, so you know it really does!

I confess...I did it!  Eyelash extensions!!  Yes, ma'am!!


I confess...I really like the extensions, but I feel like I don't have any mascara on. They aren't dark enough for me.  Is that crazy?! They actually look a lot better in the picture than they do to me when I see them in the mirror. The girl asked me if I wanted them to look natural.  I should have said, "Yes, natural with mascara!"  Ha!  Oh, well.  We'll see.

I confess...I took a mental health day on Tuesday. I enjoyed having a free day all to myself!

I confess...Despite the grocery store fiasco last week, I've been a cooking feign this week! Crawfish étouffé, pork tenderloin in the crock pot, THIS NEW RECIPE in the crock pot, ANOTHER ONE OF THESE...Whew!  I'm tired!

I confess...My only beef with Snap Chat is that when someone sends you a direct snap, you can only view it once.  Steph gets oh-so mad at me when I say, "I didn't see all of it!" or "I didn't have my volume turned up.  I couldn't hear it."  Ugh! Young people and technology! It certainly isn't me!

I confess...If you aren't following "Mommy Needs Vodka" on Facebook, you are missing out on some of THE funniest funnies ever! Some of them are off-color {and they are not necessarily all about vodka or drinking, but just about being a mom}, but I have literally laughed out loud while scrolling through my FB feed! I can SO relate!

I confess...Soooo excited to have this Girlie home from Florida!  She came over and laid out with me by the pool on Tuesday for a few hours between classes and training. We had alot of catching up to do! She had a great time in Florida.  Got to see her Dad and alot of her friends. The Spring Break/Miami scene was not for her and I'm thankful for that! She said it was very expensive there. I know it was hard for her to come back to Louisiana, but I'm glad she's here none the less.


Linking up with Jessica at The Newly for Confessional Thursday. This is becoming an awfully bad habit! See y'all next week!

13 comments:

  1. Love your lashes! You need to do a post on what they are and how they put them on. I've never heard of them before! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really isn't much to tell with the lashes. They were "individual" lashes (not a strip like you see in the stores) that she glued on with something much better than even super glue. You're not suppose to get them really wet or rub your eyes. For instance, now, instead of washing my makeup off at night, I use make up remover wipes and I don't rub my eyes. To the touch, they are very stiff, but they don't look stiff. They should last anywhere to 2-4 weeks. Stephanie's eyelashes are beautiful; I'm jealous that hers look better than mine.

      Delete
  2. Luscious Lashes, now those I could try!!! I would've left my two lemons right there too!! Chef Mama Horton in da house!!! Sounds so good!! Yay to a mental healtn day, nothing like recharging and focusing on stuff all for us, we get so busy fussing on everyone else, we forget we need ME Time!! Can I take a mental health month? Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty lashes!! And you actually had me googling shrimp strawberry trifle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so sorry, Sarita! That was a bad joke about the shrimp strawberry trifle! Those were just specific items I was looking for that night. HOpe you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. Pretty lashes! My grocery has been out of stock on Sundays. So bizarre and completely frustrating!! Happy Almost Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the deal with the grocery stores, Melissa! Bring on the weekend!

      Delete
  5. I loved my eyelash extensions when I had them. When you do your fill, get some that are a bit longer and more of a curl. They will show a bit more. I do love yours though. I really could use a mental health day for sure. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely do things differently next time with the lash extensions!

      Delete
  6. The lashes look great. It is so frustrating getting to a store and finding they are out of everything!! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the lashes - they look amazing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I've thought so much about lash extensions but I just don't want to have to maintain anything else. :o)) Love the confessionals!

    ReplyDelete