Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thursday Confessions ~ Take 12


Welcome back!  Here are my confessions for Thursday! I'm peace out until next week! Y'all have a great weekend!

I confess...If you've been keeping up with me via social media, then you know my man and I celebrated 21 wonderful years in Memphis this past weekend.  It's our secret little get-away.  We love everything about Memphis! We had dinner at Ruth Chris on Friday for our special day.  There were rose petals on our table and the sweetest card from the staff. On Saturday morning, I had the best 90-minute massage at my favorite spa. We shopped, we ate, and unfortunately waited too long to get tickets to the minor league baseball game that evening.  That was our only disappointment. Oh!  And the fact that our favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot, went out of business last summer.  Totally bummed about that one, too.


I confess...Lavender and I are in a relationship this summer. We will be looking hot together!  Every. single. thing. - with the exception of my two new Kendra Scott pieces - that I bought this past weekend in Memphis is lavender.  Purple has always been my favorite color.  What can I say? I bought this swing tee from J.Jill and I love it so much I'm wanting this color, too!


I confess...I told y'all about Jack knocking the mirror over early one morning about three weeks ago and scaring the be-jesus out of us, right?  Yea, that's HIS seven years of bad luck!  But I do need another mirror.

I confess...I nearly thought I had lost a whole six months supply of contacts!  But I found them.  In the drawer in the bathroom. Contacts aren't cheap.

I confess...I haven't been in Target since the whole transgender bathroom debacle last week.  It's not like I'm boycotting Target or anything, but as a customer, I am disappointed.  I mean, think of our little girls and the mean people in this world that could be sharing a space with them and the awful things that could happen. But if I find that flamingo welcome mat I saw a picture of on IG, y'all better back away! It's mine!

I confess...My kid snapped her pencil in half right in the middle of standardized testing this week! #whatthewhat Yea, she told her teacher she was "stressed" {Insert eye roll}. She also didn't finish one of the sections. That deserves a #whatthehell.  I mean, seriously, a straight A student with a 101 average in reading and a 100 average in science can't finish the science section of the standardized test?  I swear, my kid can't read!! She'll never pass the ACT! #momaainthappy She'll never get into college and never find a job and I'll be stuck at home with her for the rest of my life! Ha!

I confess... S called me Tuesday at work begging to get off campus and go out to eat. Of course, I couldn't say no. She asked if a friend and teammate could come, too, so Alise and I picked them up after cheer practice and headed to a sushi restaurant that we've never been to {I don't eat sushi!} and it was a hit!  I'm just thankful there were other things on the menu other than sushi.  The girls had to-go boxes for another meal so they were happy and decided to come back to our house to ride the 4-wheeler while Alise and I studied,  Well...they ran out of gas and so we had to go pick them up. It was all rather comical - I guess you had to be there - and we were all in hysterics! C is a VERY nice girl and we loved her the first time we ever met her. She's very down-to-earth and a great friend to S, as well as a great basketball player, too. She plays point guard, so, of course, Alise already thinks the world of her! We were all kinda winded from our 4-wheeler excursion in this pic, but S insisted on putting a pic up on my Snapchat.


I confess... Of course I found the Kendra Scott store in Memphis!  As soon as we decided to get away for the weekend, I was googling to see if there was one there.  Yay me! It was the very first stop we made on Friday morning!


And my very first purchases for the weekend! I bought the Benning Necklace and these gold earrings!


I confess...Now, I'm being a little caddy, but there was a lady in the KS store who was buying hostess gifts and spending an astroNOMICAL amount. It's been so long since I've helped host a bridal shower that I truly have no idea what kinds of things brides give their hostesses these days.  In my hey day, the gift was a little bit above "a happy." So when I heard this lady talking to the clerk about matching pendants and earrings for all her hostesses, I was like, "Damn!  I'm gonna hafta buy a Mercedes for all Alise's hostesses by the time she gets married!"

And then I remembered.

She's won't be getting married.

Because she can't read nor complete a section of a standardized test in the fifth grade!

I'm joking.  Don't send me hate emails.

13 comments:

  1. Maybe the over-the-top hostess gift goes along with all the over-the-top prom-posals and engagement proposals these days. I'm with you on Target. I don't care that much about the issue, but hate when a retailer tries to make political statements. Glad y'all had a good weekend in Memphis. Love that JJill tee! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing, even at your confessions! The Target comment...won't stop shopping there, but I probably won't be doing a whole of peeing in that store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never fails, Michelle! Every time we walk in that store, Alise has got to go to the bathroom! Guess I'm back to taking an eleven year old to the potty!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh...I LOVE your KS choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous KS, gorgeous You in lavender! Now I've not been to Target either nor had a massage. 90 minutes, you lucky lady!!! Now whoever is reading this beside Laura, head over to the Blended Blog tomorrow where I am showcasing her greatness. Stunning Mrs Horton: my Featured Friday lady!!! Can I get a whoop whoop??! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Standardized tests are the pits and I notice a difference in the kids the week we take them. I wouldn't be happy if Grant did it, but sometimes kids just act without thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why oh why did I stop reading!?! Loved all your confessions, even though I did know some from the socials, but it's so much better in depth. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVEEEE me some Kendra Scott! Our highschool graduation class hosts a sale each year and 40% of the proceeds come back to the school. Well, I mean, who can say "no" to KS for a good cause? I did my part - necklace, earrings and bracelet. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - my straight A senior used to get so stressed out about standardized tests too! I LOVE the lavender top you bought - I need more lavender in my life. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Lord, I love you! This post had me giggling. Your daughter sounds like my daughter!!! Lavendar, yes, please. Beautiful purchases from KS. I swear I still don't know about this KS - I'm out of the loop as in - if it isn't at Walmart or Belk mama don't know 'bout it. Have a glorious weekend I can imagine Memphis is starting to scorch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amanda! Looks like we have several things in common!

      Delete
  10. Haha! You are too funny! And give me all the lavender! It's such a gorgeous color that I think isn't used enough! Love that pretty top you got!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete