Friday, April 01, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, everyone!  Y'all better go ahead and enjoy this last spring break weekend!  The magic ends on Monday!

{one.} First and foremost, HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS to this chicky-chic tomorrow!!


Isn't Andrea just gorgeous?!  We have become such best friends over the last few months.  She likes to surprise me by sending me BAMA goodies in the mail - that included a houndstooth wrap for my birthday! Eek! - and now it's my turn to return the surprise! She also gets my "football language," being the big-time Notre Dame fan that she is!  Andrea is definitely a Fashion Diva with a little Betty Crocker running through her veins. She loves to show her love for those oh-so cute men in her life through their tummies! Hop over to her blog, Living On Cloud Nine, and see all of Andrea's latest fashion outfits and to-die-for recipes! Happiest of birthdays tomorrow, Love!  I hope it's your best one yet!

{two.} Imagine my surprise when I saw that I was tagged on Instagram by Jennie of A Pocketful of Polka Dots  as one of her favorite styles to her weekly fashion link up! I was.flippin'. OUT. y'all!!


So first thing Friday morning, I had to go to Jennie's blog and see it for myself!  I think I'm still in shock! Ha! Thank you so much for featuring me, Jennie! You can see my Pinterest recreation by clicking HERE.

{three.} Kelly has a new Show Us Your Life Schedule and you can check it out HERE. Today's topic is favorite beauty products so I thought I would share THE ONE product I would want with me if I was stranded on a deserted island. And that's this:

Mascara and lipstick.  Those are my two go-tos.  But since I would be on a deserted island, there would be no need for lipstick, so that's why I went with the mascara! {I know what you're thinking, but just roll with it!} I tend to be a mascara snob. Which brings me to number 4!!

{four.} No more tears when cutting up an onion?!  #saywhat  No, really!  SAY WHAT!?   Beth shared an AH-mazzzzing recipe for Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes and right SMACK in the middle of her post, shared a secret of why there will be no more tears in my life the next time I cut up an onion!  I won't reveal her secret here.  Just take my word for it that you'll have to check it out. #inquiringmindswanttoknow

That's all I've got today, Ladies. I mean, I've blogged every. single. day. this week {insert whiny voice}, which is a record for me!  I haven't done that in a while! You now know every. single. thing. that I've been up to and since I can't think of anything else to say, I'll end here.

Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Oh you dear of all dear, my heart is full with your words about me!!! Like literally speechless and teared up!! You have made my week...and my life so much brighter indeed and I thank you. One of these days we're going to have drinks and pool time in person and maybe even cheer on a game or two!! I was so thrilled Jennie featured you and well, duh, like the most gorgeous recreate that all in the fashion land should see...my beautiful friend Laura, the bestest indeed!!! Happy weekend sweetness!! Much much love your way friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think lipstick and mascara are an Alabama thing! If I was ever feeling bad (sick, hurt, broken arm) My mom would always tell me, "Oh girl, go put your lipstick on you'll feel better!" I'm going to put your mascara on my to-try list! Thanks for the recommendation- Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! And I hope - being the crazy Alabama fan that I am - I can say, "Roll Tide!" with complete confidence. I've been known to say it to a few Auburn fans accidently. Anyhoo. Love the story about your mom telling you to put on your lipstick! And yes! Please try the mascara and let me know what you think! There is no going back for me! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I think lipstick and mascara are an Alabama thing! If I was ever feeling bad (sick, hurt, broken arm) My mom would always tell me, "Oh girl, go put your lipstick on you'll feel better!" I'm going to put your mascara on my to-try list! Thanks for the recommendation- Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Andrea...she is just precious. I'm with you on the lipstick and mascara. Super excited to try this one. I decided to go back to a cheaper mascara this last time and while Maybeline works the first few times I have found it starts to get clumpy during the day where the pricier one has not. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Better Than Sex brand. I don't think I'll ever switch. However...I'm thinking about getting eye lash extensions this weekend and Steph told me that you don't use mascara with them. Not sure how I feel about that, but her's look AWESOME and I'm dying to try them!

      Delete
  5. MAscara and lipstick--- yes please!!!! And now I kinda want tex mex sloppy joes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Tex Mex Sloppy Joes sound wonderful with some margaritas! Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Andrea. She is a sweetie! And you are for honoring her like this. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Michelle! Hope your Saturday has been awesome!

      Delete
  7. Happiest of birthday's to Andrea! She is such a doll. You look adorable in your leopard print leggings. Spring Break around these parts this week. Kinda nice, traffic isn't awful and you can actually shop without the crowds. We take off next week for Cabo and cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lauren! I'm so jealous about Cabo! Enjoy, my sweet friend! Can't wait to hear all about it!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Those pants are just fabulous!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete