Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Currently ~ April 2016



making// As much as I complained back in January about all you lovies cleaning out and organizing, you'd be happy to know that I've finally put my big girl panties on and got after the disaster area of my woman cave! I'm totally ashamed to share pictures.  So I won't.  A few Saturdays ago, Leigh and I held each other accountable to thirty minutes of cleaning out a certain area of our houses.  We were bound by the timer.  Well, she spent a little more time on her area than I did mine.  I continue to work in thirty minute increments, still, but I'm MAKING room and things are looking so much better in there! So far, I've loaded up two black garbage bags full of trash from my little area and you can at least, now, walk in there without something falling on you!

wishlisting// Two things on my WISHLIST right now. A few weeks ago, I had a nail appointment, and J, my nail tech, had on THE cutest shorts from American Eagle. Later that day, I tried on a pair and I really liked them. I haven't had a chance yet to try the boyfriend shorts from Old Navy but I've heard good things. And I love these wedges that Sheaffer featured a few weeks ago. I totally predict that they will be in my closet very, very soon!

cleaning// We're currently CLEANING up our yard from the winter months and spring floods. We had so many limbs down from the trees. Wayne finally mowed the yard!  I stand corrected.  The poor man tried.  He got stuck not once, but TWICE, and interrupted my sun bathing for me to hafta pull him out with the 4-wheeler. Ugh!  The front flower beds need new mulch and after that, we'll begin working on the pool in the backyard and our outdoor kitchen area. We're getting excited about doing some Spring and Summer entertaining with friends and taking the cover off the pool next month. Usually by the end of April, the water is warm enough for the kids to swim. Notice I said kids. 

posting// One of my very best blog friends, Andrea, had a birthday this past weekend and so I POSTED her gift last week! Do you know how long it's been since I've been inside a POST office? Trust me, it didn't take me long to figure out why! Good Lawd at the people! And I'd have to say that 95% of the people just wanted to buy freakin' stamps! What happened to the stamp dispensers, where you insert your paycheck and a stamp comes out?!  Okay. That's a joke, because I seriously don't know how much a single stamp costs. But I know it's too much! 


tasting// I hate to keep harping on my Mama's trifle, but y'all?  It's all I got! Oh!  And I did make crawfish etouffee this weekend! Oh!  And the girls and I got together last week and I had some shrimp steamed for the occassion. And I bought some mini cupcakes. 


Love the fact that my friends can appreciate chilled shrimp on a cookie sheet! Ha! But I DID put the cupcakes on a cake plate for TASTING! I shared that pic on Snap Chat. I always worry we won't have enough food, but there is always plenty! Love those girls!

I'm linking up with Anne today.  Leave me a comment and tell me something exciting or new that's going on CURRENTLY in your world!  I would love to hear it!

7 comments:

  1. Totally love the idea of purging in 30 minute increments! And give me all those shrimp..yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only way I can make progress these days, Shelly, but I've stopped again. I remember feeling like, "I can keep doing this" after the 30 minutes were up and then my head said, "Naw! You've done enough!" Hahaha! #lazymuch

      Delete
  2. Bha ha ha!! I love that you love me enough to tackle the post office! Funny story: my mom's brother was visiting once and left all his underwear at her house, so crazy and so random, however when she went to mail them back the box dropped and all the underwear flew open in the god awful PO line, talk about A hoot!!! You be so stinkin cute in those shorts and wedges!!! Get em' girl!! Hugs on your Wednesday my friend hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, Andrea! That story is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!! Next time you post a pic of your beautiful mother, I'm gonna be thinking underware! Hahaha!! I should have showed the picture I took in the line that day! Anything for you, Girlie!

      Delete
  3. Ooh that trifle does sound amazing. And I love your take on the "posting" prompt. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we need another 30 minute challenge!! I have 2 more closets to do. I solemnly promise to do just 30 minutes!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are making so much better progress than me! I'm still on the same room!!

      Delete