Monday, March 21, 2016

First Monday of Spring

Happy second day of spring, Peeps! I hope your weekend was wonderful and full of spring's goodness. Here is Louisiana, I actually wore my red wool coat into the office today! We also had two episodes of hail here last week as well.  Someone posted on Facebook that "whoever ticked off Mother Nature needed to apologize."  With the flooding and everything else, it has been a really crazy spring so far!

We had an awesome family weekend!  But first of all, let me show you THIS pic that my friend, Cindy, sent me Thursday evening!


Can you say, "YIKES!"?? Yep, that's Baby Girl making her debut as a flyer! Ever since her competition days, that's what she's wanted to do and she is the happiest little girl {because she'll always be little to me}!  Love seeing that baby's dreams come true! Ask me again about all this in about August when she's performing on a hard gym floor! As a mom, I especially love that she already has a friendship with her base and so it's easier for Alise to trust B because that's so important! I've also tried to tell Alise that alot can change in the next few months and not to get her feelings hurt if it doesn't work out and she is no longer on top. We'll see how it goes.

On Friday night, I went out for Mexican food with a few co-workers to celebrate Meredith's birthday. Meredith and I are suite mates - her office is right next door to mine.  She has twin boys and is going through some things right now, so we decided to get her a babysitter and take her out for a few hours after work. We had a great time!


Friday morning during our daily phone talk time, Wayne asked me, "Why don't we take Baby Girl to Waffle House tomorrow morning?" I said, "You mean, Awful House??  Why?"  He wanted to surprise her with breakfast at her favorite dive for making straight A's again and just to have some family time. So, of course I said, "Okay." So this is me at about 7:30 Saturday morning with no make-up and bed hair. Just keeping it real, Peeps!



Later Saturday morning, we attended a funeral for our friends, Jonathan and Nicole.  Nicole lost her mother unexpectantly the Sunday before. We had just seen her mother that morning at church and found out later that evening that she had passed away. Such a sudden death, but Nicole seems to be handling it well for right now and it was a beautiful service.

On Saturday afternoon, Alise and I picked up S and I took the girls shopping and for nail appointments.  S is headed to the beach with friends for Spring Break later this week and she wanted to look for bathing suits; Alise needed an Easter dress.  We had a fun girl afternoon and finished it up with steamed crab legs and shrimp that night. S loves crab legs and she and Alise had a little "bonding experience" that night when S showed Alise how to eat them for the first time.



On Sunday, we went to church, then picked S up. It was a lazy girl afternoon.  We all did homework, studied, napped, and watched TV. Alise had a cheer stunt class later that afternoon with the ULM cheerleaders. Wayne spent the afternoon checking on friends from the flood and then came home and grilled sliders for supper.  It was a much needed relaxing day. Oh!  And there was some hoop action outside later that evening. I can't believe Wayne got out there and played like he did {I think he's paying for it today!}.  He and Alise took on S and she won! Wayne made and put up our new goal all by himself!  So proud of him!

Unfortunately, Alise didn't sleep good last night and woke up with a headache.  Normally I would make her go on to school, but I knew she didn't feel well, so she stayed home today. Sometimes, an extra weekend day is just warranted. #springfevermuch. I was seriously considering staying home myself, but I had an ultrasound appointment and told myself that if I could get dressed for that, I could go on into the office. 

We're taking it easy this week with seven tests {in four days} and getting a twenty-one year old to Florida.  Wayne is still helping friends at night and I'm doing well to climb in bed at a reasonable hour.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter with their family and friends! 

13 comments:

  1. A flyer! I'll pray for your nerves :-) Between gymnastics and diving my nerves got pretty steady over the years - you get used to it believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very nervous for her! I'm secretly hoping she changes her mind!

      Delete
  2. whitney12:44 PM

    Best thing for her - trust her base. If she already has that, she is on her way to success!!!! Enjoy and so excited for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crab legs...I'm drooling over here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never really ate crab legs until we met Steph! Shrimp was always our go to, but Alise loved them!

      Delete
  4. Oh momma, I can relate to those nerves. Elie ended up a back spot, even though she was one of the smallest on the squad. Why? Because one of the other really good fliers trusted NO ONE but her to catch her!! LOL Trust is huge. Not sure about rules there, but here, they can only stunt at half time on the BB courts.
    The crab legs look so good. Elie and I love them, but they are messy to eat for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that trust means so much when it comes to flipping and flopping in cheerleading. Alise had a stunt class yesterday afternoon and she fell a few times. She's complaining today that her shoulders are hurting. I'm like, "Well, DUH! What did you expect?!" LOL! But she and Bailey have been friends for a long time and Alise trusts her. I don't think we have any "rules" here per se about stunting. I know our cheerleaders do it in the gym for pep rallies and on the track at football games.

      Delete
  5. Well, I was so glad that our daughter was a part of the base in cheerleading. I'm not sure I could have survived her being a flyer.

    And, we have another connection........... we have known Jonathan Gregory and his family for over 30 years and dearly love Nicole. Our hearts were so sad for her and the sudden loss of her Mom. I lost my Mom suddenly and it takes a while for it to really sink in.

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fly Alise Fly!! That's so exciting!! Wayne has been so sweet to help all our friends. He is good as gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Leigh! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Gonna be the best lil flyer ever!! I MUST know your skin secret, what? Sans makeup and still as pretty as a picture!! Waffle House cutie pies!! We love a lil driveway hoop action and yay for pretty nails and getting pampered like a girl should!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Saturday - who doesn't love nail appts! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's spring already - but I'm so ready for it! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete