Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Currently ~ March 2016



Hello March! Hello Lovies!

I hope you are having a fresh start to a new month.

Isn't it amazing how God has planned so many opportunities in our lives for "start overs" or "re dos"? We have a new year every 365 days (or 366, if you count Leap Year).  We have the Spring season to make a fresh start, and most importantly, we have a new beginning every twenty-four hours. It reminds me of one of my favorite verses, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). A new day.  A new beginning.

Today is my 2,000th post!!  Can you believe it?! I certainly can't! Wowser!

I'm linking up with Anne and here are the things that I'm doing currently:

wishing// I'm wishing that our plans to go back to California this summer had worked out!  Such a bummer!  If you remember last month, I was so excited about going with Wayne to a friend's wedding in the lovely San Francisco.  Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it due to other conflicts {insert very, very sad face}. I really hate it for Wayne because it's actually his friend that is getting hitched.  We've considered him going alone, but he says he doesn't want to go without his woman by his side, which is so sweet.  I love that man!

craving// The weather has certainly been much warmer here for the last two weeks and I guess this winter girl might just be looking forward to spring {Can't believe I said that!}. One thing I am looking forward to is eating lighter with salads. In the spring and early summer, we do ALOT of grilling at our outdoor kitchen {aka "the cook shack"} and every weekend, I like to try a new salad option. Here are some delicious salads I've found on Pinterest to try.

Cobb salads are one of my favorites and this is a fun twist with grilled shrimp. Perfect for Spring! And I've never tried a recipe from Damn Delicious that wasn't awesome!


If fruit is your thing, I think this salad is super pretty! I can see myself serving this to my girlfriends for brunch.


A few more salad thoughts: Avocado Ranch dressings are quite popular as well as lettuce wedges dredged in regular Ranch dressing. Fried onion rings make nice garnishes to salads and EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon!

going// One place we WILL be going this summer is to cheer camp!  Baby Girl is now a cheerleader at her school and she is so excited about it!  I'm not sure that I'm cut out to be the cheer mom, but I am very much a PROUD mom!  Alise has worked so hard for this and she deserves it!


Another place were going today is to my parent's house tonight for supper.  Although I know some of you who have parents that live in the same town as you probably get together for meals all the time with your family, I'm ashamed to admit that we don't. We do on special occassions and sometimes, Mama will cook and invite us over, but they know that we are so busy.  So anyway, I called my mom up last Friday and I said, "Mama, please make me and Alise some chicken and dumplings (Wayne doesn't like them!)."  And of course, no mama can say no to her baby, so tonight we're all actually going over to eat at my parents and mom is going to cook something else for Wayne.  We're off on Spring Break this week, so the comfort food timing was perfect! I never thought I could be so excited about chicken and dumplings!  Eek!

wearing// It may have been 32 degrees outside, but that didn't stop me from sporting my new fringe suede wedges this past weekend. Not the most flattering picture - you can tell my right foot/ankle still swells from time to time even after nearly a year later - but whatevah! I just love them! Gotta get some sun on those white legs, too!


Now would be the perfect time to tell you about my BBFF, Andrea, who writes at Living on Cloud Nine.  If you're looking for a new blog to read or would like to meet a funny, fashionista who loves life and is one of the most kindest people in the world, then I highly suggest stopping by and saying Hello!  Tell her I sent you!  Anyhoo, Andrea is the newest featured writer at yet ANOTHER blog called, The Blended Blog, and they are hosting a new style challenge called, Style Perspectives. If you're a fashion blogger or love having daily wardrobe prompts, then I recommend checking out all the deets here.  I've posted the schedule below.


learning// I've recently been reminded that God places people in our lives for a reason and we may never know this side of Heaven, exactly why. Maybe I should say that He places them for a season. I mean, think of all the people that have come and gone in your life. Who were your neighborhood friends growing up?  Who was your first love? Who was your college roommate?  Do you still talk to the same friends you did two, five, twelve years ago?  If you do, consider yourself very fortunate. So many people walk in and out of our lives for one reason or other. In my own life, I realize that I've even pushed people away and I regret that. Sometimes we only get one chance to make a difference in someone else's life.  I hope you have time to think about that today.  Whose life are you making a difference in?

I'll be linking up later in the week with April and Andrea for Friday Favorites.

10 comments:

  1. Bummer on the Cali trip! I'm so looking forward to spring grilling too and that cobb salad looks amazing. Loving those fringe sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm bummed too about your canceled trip. I hope you get out there some day soon. But congratulations to your daughter. That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that berry feta salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fringe sandals and the salads look delicious! For some reason, I always like salads better when someone else or a restaurant makes them. Sorry to hear about the cancelled trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2,000 posts! That's awesome! And, thanks for the reminder about each day being a gift. Something we all know but definitely take for granted! So.very.thankful I get a do-over each day! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your Cali trip, but Wayne is so sweet to not want to go without you!! I'm going to have to try that cobb salad! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate the trip is out! I too am ready for spring and lighter meals. Love a good salad or anything off the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and that cobb salad looks out of this world. San Francisco is awesome, so sorry you all will not be able to go. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for your daughter - congratulations! We try to have salad night once a week - thank for the recipes. And thanks also for the shoutout on The Blended Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those salads look amazing! I'm not the best at making salads, but I think I'm going to have to try this recipe!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete