Monday, February 01, 2016

My Picks for A Happy Valentine's Day

Hey, y'all and hellooooo to February! A new month!  A new beginning!

One of my friends tweeted last week that, "January was just a trial run for 2016! February is the real deal!" And that's the way I'm feeling, too.  Motivation!  Bring it!

Love is in the air, too, and here are some of my favorite picks to make a girl swoon! 



1// Hunter Boots// I saw these on another blog a few weeks ago and as my best friend, Leigh, likes to say, "I began lusting in my heart." I've been looking for a pair for Baby Girl for a while and never really considered a pair for myself because, well, because they're rubber. And they bring back memories of a blue, Winnie-the-Pooh pair I had when I was about six. That was a bad year.  That was the same year my parents made fun of me for stuffing my jeans in my tall brown boots on the way to the bus stop. Obviously, I had a fashion sense even in the late '70's, they just didn't know it!  Ha! Anyway, the best thing about these pinksters is that they're on sale! Eek!

2// Tulips// I love this alternative to the popular Valentine's Day roses. I believe fresh flowers can brighten anyone's day, but I learned the hard way last year that tulips don't care for heat, especially when it comes to the fireplace.  Duh!  I walked in the kitchen to find my beautiful yellow tulips had wilted overnight. 

3.//MAC Lipstick in MAC Red// The only thing on my collage that's red!  Shame on me! Seriously, though. At work?  I was voted, "Most Likely To Wear Pink" a few years ago so of course I'm loving the new Rose Quartz for spring. It took a while for me to jump on the MAC bandwagon, but now I refuse to get off! I highly recommend this brand of lipstick.  My tube is nearly gone!

4.//Too Faced Sweethearts Flush Blush// I want this.  I really do.  It's pink.  It's heart-shaped. It's perfect for Valentine's Day.

5.//Kendra Scott Cory Necklace// Have you checked out the new spring line at Kendra Scott? I just love the design of this pendant. I bought my first KS necklace this past week and I'll be sharing the exact one later this week, but you just can't go wrong with a piece from this line or any KS jewelry for that matter! 

6.//Shari's Berries// These are the best strawberries you'll ever put in your mouth.  Promise.

7.//Philosophy's Shower Gel & Bubble Bath// Y'all already know how I feel about Philosophy products. This brand offers such a wide variety of the shower gel and bubble bath combo and they are great for little happies for friends throughout the year. 

8.//Vera Bradley's Weekender Travel Bag// I saw this new pattern while I was in south Louisiana last week and it's my favorite of the new line for spring. I'm always looking to expand my plethora of VB bags, and the weekender is one of my favorites styles!

9.//Soma's Cool Night Pajamas// I've raved to y'all before about these pajamas and last week, I bought a pair on clearance for $20 that was regularly $70! They really do help with the night sweats.  I bought my mom a pair for Christmas and she said she could tell a difference, too. I love to lounge in mine in the evenings.

What are some of your favorite Valentine's Day gifts to put a smile on your face?

Since today is February first, I also wanted to share the Scripture Writing Plan for those of you that are following along with us and haven't seen it yet. I'm really enjoying it as an addition to my daily quiet time. I may not write the scripture every single day, but the Bible references are a great prompt if you're not already involved in a daily devotional or Bible study. Would love to know exactly how many of you are doing this too!




10 comments:

  1. Pink the Valentine color here. I love the idea of the scriptures each day. I try to be more diligent on this, but fail miserably most days. Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're thanking THIS slacker for motivation?! LOL! That's hilarious! But I will say that since January is ovah, it's time to kick some butt! I don't always have a quite time, either, but I sure can tell a difference when I do! Less wine drinking is required! Love ya! You can do it!

      Delete
  2. All of my favs of course since we both have that sweet, rocking taste, lol. Too funny again as Shari's Berries are on a future post of mine too. Oh I want that heart shaped blush too, prettiest blush packaging ever!! It's been awhile since I followed a day by day scripture plan, that all changed when I saw this idea today. Thank you, my pen and heart are ready!! Have a wonderful start to your week my gorgeous friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've written mine today, too, Andrea! So glad we're doing this together!

      Delete
  3. Love your picks for Valentine's Day! I think I have a purse listed on my teen girl gift guide coming up tomorrow in a similar vera bradley print. Tulips are my favorite too...so fresh and spring like! I started the scripture plan today...thanks for the idea. I usually write a verse in a notebook each day, so this was just a little more writing. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I've written mine today, too!

      Delete
  4. Love the color of those hunters!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Darcy! Aren't they great!?

      Delete
  5. I love those pink boots! And the red lipstick. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need those boots. I have the glossy red hunters and LoVe them

    ReplyDelete