Thursday, February 04, 2016

I Finally Clicked "Publish"

Disclaimer: This post has been a long time coming!  It's been in my 'drafts' folder for a while and I have no other excuse as to why I decided to post it, except for the fact that I went to a whole helluva lotta trouble to upload these pictures! AND because I promised my best friend, Andrea, that I would link up to her My Refined Style party today!  I really enjoy her linkup because it focuses on women's fashion for my age group - nothing against the youngsters! Enjoy!



I thought it would be fun today to share some outfits that I've worn over the last few months. Even though I don't consider myself a fashion blogger, it's fun to share some outfits from time to time.

I wore this outfit to church one mild November Sunday and afterwards, we went to Walmart to buy groceries.  I kid you not, I had these two women come up to me and say, "We just LOVE your outfit!" One of them said, "I had to go get my friend!  She was somewhere else in the store and I had to track her down and say, 'Come see this outfit that this girl's got on!" So they tracked me down in the frozen food aisle of Walmart!  We all had a good laugh!  They were very nice and their comments made my day! I'm a sucker for the romantic look - with a little leopard edge, of course! Maybe next time, I'll share a picture of this cardigan with a leopard swing dress and boots, which is another way I like to wear it. SOO cute!


off white tunic - Kara's
leopard leggings - Kara's
OTK boots - Target
blush cardigan - Target
necklace - Twisted Peacock

I wore this black and gray outfit to work the day after a field trip and even though it was a great hair day, I was SO tired! I wanted an outfit that I didn't have to think about that day, if that makes sense. I bought the tunic this summer when I still had Felicia and just hadn't worn it yet. What can I say? The stars aligned, the day was much cooler, and I cut those tags!


gray shirt - old
tunic - Target
black jeggins - old
boots - Nordstrom
necklace - Charming Charlie's


I am so stinkin' proud of this outfit!  I bought it right off the mannequin, y'all!! One Saturday, I went to get a mani-pedi, but I still wasn't feeling like myself and needed a pick me up! I saw on IG that a local boutique was offering 30% off and decided to stop by on my way home.  As soon as I walked through the door, I saw this outfit!  I have been looking for something in olive for fall and this was it! I bought everything but the hat and leggins! In the first picture, you see my smart a$$ look at my ten year old photographer.  I'm gritting my teeth and saying, "Just take the $%&@ picture!!" Well, she ended up doing the "burst thing" and got me looking at my sling back booties that Annie helped me pick out!  Can't believe I ever thought about returning these bad boys!  I love them!! Pointy toe and all!! And such a good hair day!!
olive tunic - Pelican District
necklace - Pelican District
leopard leggings - Kara's
booties - Nordstrom

Another outfit that I'm so proud of! I was pinning away on the couch one night while Wayne was watching TV when Miss Swift's look popped up on my feed! I was like, "Whoa!  I have everything for this!"  Then I got a wild hair to pair the sweater with my chambray shirt and wear a statement necklace like I've seen everywhere and never had the opportunity to try. My pearls were perfect and I decided to wear boots instead of flats.  I wore this outfit to Alise's Thanksgiving lunch at school.
sweater - New York & Co.
shirt - Forever 21
pants - Target
necklace - Altar'd State
boots - Nordstrom


And this is what I wore to the Star Wars movie! With my tag showing!


 shirt - Forever 21
scarf - Dillard's
 pants - TJ Maxx (old)
boots - Nordstrom


I wore this houndstooth swing jacket the day after Alabama won the National Championship Game. It looks like the lower half of my body is cut off, but I swear I was wearing black pants and heels. Lots of meetings that day!  I can't begin to tell you how old the jacket and crimson turtleneck are!



swing jacket - Belk (old)
short-sleeved turtleneck - Belk (old)
pants - New York & Co.

This outfit is definitely one of my new favorites!  I love all the lace and ruffles and floral print! I wore this to Alise's awards program a few weeks ago, to church, to the office, and to a birthday dinner with friends and I've gotten so many compliments. This outfit is just ME! I'm planning to style it with a black lace cardi with fringe soon.


lace blouse - Buckle
floral dress - Rusted Flair Boutique
leggings - old
OTK boots - Target

And this is the blouse that I saw on Pinterest and fell in love with even before Sheaffer named it as one of her Must Haves.  But I totally agree!  So much so that I ordered another in ivory a few weeks after this one arrived! I wore this to Leigh's birthday party in December. Wish I was as tall as the model! Ha! I feel so short in this pic for my 5'4" self!

                   
 LUSH blouse - Nordstrom
faux leather leggings - Nordstrom
boots - Nordstrom

Just a friendly reminder that some of my favorite fashionistas and I have a Fashion Over 40 Board on Pinterest. I have gotten several emails from women who are loving our board and enjoy browsing our board for inspiration. That's awesome! You can follow, too, or, if you would like to pin to the board, all you need to do is send me your email address and I'll hook you up!


22 comments:

  1. Very fashionable you are Laura. I remember my "fashion" days, younger, career-oriented, shopping maniac. Now, it's yoga pants, workout clothes and pajamas. I dress for comfort and because I'm on the floor with little kids all day, has to be "germ free." LOL! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speak for yourself, Sister! I've seen a new pic of you floating around to promote your "party"! Love the orange color on you!

      Delete
  2. You have a great sense of style, Laura! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAN YOU BE ANY CUTER??? Yes, in all caps because I am so excited you posted this gorgeousness and linked up!! What style, what class, what flare!!! The re-creates....oh my goodness...so good!! The leopard pants...I rejoice, and I need them, lol!!! The lacy, ruffle floral number, needs to be in a magazine!! And you, my friend, need to do fashion posts more often so everyone can see my friends FAB style!!! Hugs and Kisses seen stylish friend!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, girl! I love to dress in style, but I don't like posting pics of myself! I may have a big mouth, but I'm camera shy, too!

      Delete
  4. So many cute outfits! Love the olive green dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good! Don't leave these great posts in your drafts! :) Hit Publish! My favorite outfit was the polka dot sweater and maroon jeans. You can never go wrong with polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so proud of myself with that look, Holly! I think recreating a look off Pinterest is my fav! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Have a great weekend in Texas!

      Delete
  6. I love all the outfits! You have great taste, Laura. I'm really enjoying your "over 40" pinterest board,too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy!

      Delete
  7. You always look so cute! Love that you wore the houndstooth print to celebrate the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you, Vicki! In the words of Mr. Horton, we have to "represent!" I bet that houndstooth swing jacket is ten years old!

      Delete
  8. You are adorable my friend, and a breath of fresh air. I have to say many of the "fashion" bloggers could take notes about dressing appropriately yet fashionable for their age from you ladies!!! Unfortunately they are not the youngsters they once were, but seem to want to shop the juniors department and then declare things run "small". My Katie who is a beam could wear a small!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Lauren! Thank you so much for your kind words. This body couldn't fit in a size small if my life depended on it! I totally agree with what you said and I think that's where we as women tend to get side tracked! We start focusing on what what someone else is wearing or that they have a better fashion sense. I have to back off when I start feeling that way and that's another reason I'm not a fashion blogger. I don't have time for all that! But I do like to dress nice and in style and even women in their 40's and older can still pull off a great look!

      Delete
  9. Camera shy. Smamera shy. You look great!! I'm glad you shared with us on My Refined Style.
    xxJennifer
    Http://www.awellstyledlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE the length of that blush cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great outfits - all of them! I especially love the polka dot and houndstooth ones!

    And I've been looking at that Lush tunic - it looks fabulous; it may be time to get it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, you are such a cutie-toot. I love how you mix spunk and delicate together to form such a charming style. Thanks for adding your flair to the My Refined Style Linkup. See you next month!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Laura, I'm back. I just wanted to tell you that I chose your pink and leopard outfit as one of my favs from the linkup. I will be featuring you on my Monday fashion post.

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete