Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Currently ~ February 2016



Today I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna for February's Currently Linkup! Today's prompts were a little harder for me, but I decided to participate anyway. This is what I'm currently up to:

sending// It's February and as cheesy as this may sound, I'm sending love to my two favorite people in the world! They truly are the joys in my life! I am blessed with a husband who works ever so hard to provide for us, who comes home every night to his family, and would honestly give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.  He's my rock, my best friend, and the one who can always talk me down from the ledge!  Ha!


As for Baby Girl, well, that's what she'll always be! My Baby Girl! To think how selfish I once was! She has taught me many things over her {almost} eleven years and one of them is that one of God's greatest blessings is being able to simply be called, "Mom." I love her with everything that is in me and I am so stinkin' proud of her!



eating// Lots and lots of cake! I had chocolate for my birthday! Mr. Horton did very well and ordered my beautiful cake from a local bakery.  It was delicious! And I may or may not have had a piece for breakfast a couple days that week, too! Last week when I was in South Louisiana, I ordered not one, not two, but FOUR King Cakes from my favorite bakery, Ambrosia. I gave three away as gifts. There is just something about a King Cake from South Louisiana!  They're the best!


dreaming// I don't think I've had a chance to mention yet, but Wayne is going to be in his best friend's wedding this summer in...{wait for it!}...CALIFORNIA!  Eek! As I type, I can't remember if it's Sand Diego {never been before} or San Francisco {been}, but STILL! We're going back to Cali, baby! We would love, love, LOVE to drive through Napa and visit some wineries and tour the northern part of the state, but the extra time there is contingent on some other things that will be going on this summer as well, so we'll see. But I'm still California dreaming of sunshine, beaches, and warmer temps!


smelling// FOOD {besides cake!} and my family is oh-so happy!  No more slacking! Mama is cooking again and everyone has smiles on their faces! When I'm at a loss of what to cook or coming off a no-cooking binge, I always pull out my crockpot! There's just something about coming home to the smell {and convenience} of supper already cooking! Friday evening, we had pulled pork sandwiches waiting on us as we walked through the door!  Yummy!

The Horton Family: Pulled Pork Sandwiches:

hearting// When I walked into my very first Kendra Scott store a few weeks ago in Baton Rouge and saw the new spring line on display, my heart kinda melted.  If a heart can melt over jewelry, that is. I truly believe mine can! There, in the center of the display, was THIS gorgeous baby and it was in my favorite color and definitely calling my name! I bought this necklace with some of my birthday money and I love it! #purplepower

So that's what I'm currently sending, eating, dreaming, smelling, and hearting this month! Thanks for reading today, Peeps!  I'm linking this post up with several other blog hops this week including Momfessionals, A. Liz Adventures, and my friend, Michelle's, NEW link up party, too!


Also!  A shout out to my Fashionista Sista, Shelly, over at The Queen in Between and her monthly link up featuring Queen Bees! Next week's writing prompt is "women that love others well through actions." The fun starts next Tuesday!



16 comments:

  1. Cake for breakfast (or pie) is my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks so good! Sounds like a fun trip! We lived in San Diego for many years and loved every minute of it. I hope that is where you go, it is perfect!

    xoxo Alexis @ chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cali here you come!! So so exciting girl, I have never been there and I must go someday! You look so beautiful in these pictures my friend you are truly blessed and everyone that knows you is definitely more blessed in life! You're a gem and I love this post! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Cake for breakfast sounds good to me! I would love to take a trip to California and do a wine tour through Napa. And yes, we usually use the slow cooker at least once a week. It's such a time saver and helper in getting dinner on the table during the busy week! Found you through the Currently link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me, NY! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  5. Please, please tell me you remembered to use your 50% off at the KS store for your bday??!! Can you believe I have never had King Cake? I think if I was going to try one I would want a "real" one from LA not the ones at our local grocery store! Oh Cali...I just love California anytime. We have never been to the northern part and I would so love to go. Thanks so much for the shout out friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I remembered to use the 50% off for my birthday! Love my new necklace! And, yes! You must get a King Cake from South Louisiana. The store-bought cakes just don't compare!

      Delete
  6. A trip to Cali sounds amazing right about now! I have never been but it looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Headed over to your blog next!

      Delete
  7. A trip to the west coast is going to be so fun!! Can't wait to hear more about it!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. That necklace is gorgeous. I haven't seen the new line yet. I'm so excited for you with the trip to California. I've never been to Napa and dream of doing a romantic vacation there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday!! That cake looks delish!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet start to this post! It is a wonderful gift in this life to have a good husband and children! Now, honey, that cake, yes please! California for a wedding - sounds fabulous! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your winery picture has got me yearning to visit the West Coast. I would love to go to Cali one day. Thanks for sharing at Party At My Place. ~Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants

    ReplyDelete
  12. You came! I'd be giving you a great big hug and handing you a glass of wine if you were physically walking into my home for a party! So here is your virtual hug. Speaking of wine, that photo is amazing. Makes me want to experience that whole atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, that cake looks so delicious!! Happy birthday!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete