Thursday, February 18, 2016

Confessional Thursday ~ Take 2



It's confession session time!  Here's mine for the week!

I confess...I totally forgot to get Alise's teacher a VDay gift! Alise was sick and missed her party last week. Thank God her teacher is a dear friend of mine and I know her bottle of choice {ahem!}.

I confess...that peeps need to let the 'Titantic' movie die.  Y'all know it's my favorite movie of all time and NOW, after nearly twenty years since it's premiere {Yes, twenty!}, peeps are saying that, yes! There was enough room on that damn floating door for Jack. Let it go! Speaking of... did y'all here that a gazillionaire was recreating the Titantic to it's authenticity and it would be taking it's maiden voyage from China to Europe in 2018?  I would LOVE to be on that ship!  No ice burgs and I'd give anything to see that staircase!

I confess...that I nearly died, y'all, when Shellie decided to feature one of my style pics on her blog! Eek!  I was SO excited because I have never been featured before!  You can check it out HERE.

I confess...I've been using MAC foundation for a little over a month now, and I can't tell if I like it or not and it bugs me. I feel like it's too much coverage, like I have too much foundation on. I want my makeup to look natural and I'm not sure it does. Maybe I'm using too much.  I'm back to using a sponge to apply it and that may be a difference, too. I just wish someone would tell me, "Laura, you have too much make-up on."

I confess...Wayne is wanting to coach the girls' JV basketball team next year and I'm not thrilled about it. I'm not cut out to be a coach's wife! He and Keith did such an A-MAZing job this year and compliment each other's coaching personalities so well, but I still had to pay for it after the games. Wayne has the patience of a snail, but once he gets aggravated, he tends to rant.  For. a. while. 

I confess...I need a pedicure in a BAD way!

I confess...Forget what the doctors say about migraines. Prescription for peri-menopausal women: one "real" coke {with caffeine}, two Exedrin migraine pills, and a whole package of M&Ms. The key is to catching the headache when it first hits; you can't wait around. Repeat as necessary.  I think I may have found a cure, y'all!

I confess...that we only watched about the last hour of the Grammy's on Monday night. Alice Cooper? I feel sorry for Adele and her botched performance, but she's definitely a girl after my own heart, tweeting later that she was getting and In and Out burger {to drown her sorrows}. LOVE me some Sam Hunt, y'all, and anyone that sings with Carrie Underwood for a duet is awesome in my book. Go Taylor Swift!  Loved her speech for Album of the Year. #byefelicia to Kanye West.  He has got some kinda nerve asking the head-honcho of Facebook for a cool bil and being in debt by like fifty mil. He needs to go away. Like now.

I confess...And speaking of make-up, have y'all noticed that the brows are the newest thing? Drawing and darkening your eye brows? When it comes to actually drawing something on my face, I get a little ansy.  What if it smears or smudges? And no one tells me and I walk around like that?  And then what if someone tells me that I have a smudge and then they'll KNOW that my eye brows aren't real? #worldproblems

Peace out Homies!

Linking up with Jessica at The Newly.

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I can get behind your migraine recommendation!! Thankfully it's been awhile since I've had to deal with that though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so fortunate, Sara! I hope you never have to endure them again! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Alright Laura, I confess that you just hooked me with this post! OOOOH girlfriend, I could hear the southern all through that and I really do miss it bad sometimes. I think your migraine cure might just be the cure for all sorts of crazy.

    Have a great day,
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that a real Coke definitely helps with a migraine. Loved your funny confessionals, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love these confessionals girl! And I was so excited to see you featured on the Fabulous Joyrney! My girl deserves to be featured, you hip mama! We only watched a little bit at the Grammys too and oh my goodness I swear that was the best Carrie Underwood has ever looked & that duet with Sam Hunt was so great! Have a great day you precious peach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl...it's warmed up here and I couldn't wear a sandal if I wanted to...pedicure is on the list for this weekend!! Have a good one and congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete