Thursday, February 11, 2016

Confessional Thursday ~ Take 1



Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I'm feeling better, but still not 100%.  This sinus infection/cold has really kicked my butt this time and I see a visit to our pediatrician's office in our near future as well {EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. we see her doctor out in the "real world, " we are in his office within a week.  We saw him at a ULM BB game last week.  Instead of wood, I "knocked" on a colesium chair and you'll read that it didn't get me anywhere!}. Alise went out of town for the weekend with a slight cough and came home with a full-blown infection, too.  I'm trying to Mama-medicate her, but so far, it's not working.  She's not running fever, so don't wig out.

ANYHOO....if you're still with me, today I'm linking up with Jessica at her blog, The Newly, for the first installment of Confessional Thursday! Eek!  I'm so excited to finally get a blog post up this week!

I confess....That I haven't cooked a meal - a REAL meal - in over a month. I've probably only been to the grocery store twice since January first and this is SO unlike me for this time of year!  I'm normally in the kitchen whipping up my favorite comfort food and lots of things that involve chocolate. 

I confess....That even though I may not have COOKED anything lately, I DID actually do some baking this past weekend for the Super Bowl.  And it was all desserts!  I even whipped out the heart-shaped cookie cutter and red and pink sugar sprinkles. Go me!

I confess....I have no love for Cam Newton. I won't even go there.

I confess....That I am completely obsessed with the Bitmoji app!  Thanks, Jessica, for introducing me to something where I can REALLY poop off my time now! My friends and I are totally cracking ourselves up over it in our group texts!  I'm constantly re-creating my personal emoji!  I showed it to Mr. Horton and he said, "Oh my gah!  That really does look like you!"  Ha!

I confess...I'm glad our middle school basketball season is over.  It was awesome while it lasted, but it lasted a little too long in my opinion. Baby Girl had to turn in her jersey this week and she's wigging out over whether or not she'll get her same number again next year. Pah-leeeese! I've never even liked basketball until Alise started playing this year and I only enjoy watching girls BB.  Except for our boys at school because they're awesome like that!

I confess....There are alot of crazy people out there on medication. TAKE THE MEDS, PEOPLE!! Then we won't all think you're AS crazy as you really are! It's scary, y'all!

I confess....I jumped on the scale earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised. I haven't touched the scale since before Christmas! Maybe the no change was just due to being sick 'cause Lawd KNOWS I've been eating my fair share of cake these last two months with my birthday and then Mardi Gras! Back to hitting the pavement soon!

I confess...That I'm not a big Valentine Day fan.  But Mr. Horton better NOT come home empty handed!

14 comments:

  1. I {heart} Bitmoji too. It's so dorky but so fun. Glad you are feeling a little better, and hope Alise does soon. Great confessions...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! I need to check out bitmoji, seems like everyone is obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitmoji is alot of wasted fun!

      Delete
  3. Glad your feeling better. Wow! Haven't cooked a real meal in over a month! Impressive. That wouldn't fly in my house...husband comes home hungry. When my son lived at home he would always jokingly ask me "What's for dinner?" because he knew it'd get my ire up. Love your attitude about V-Day. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, no cooking and being a slacker has just about come to an end. Mr. Horton isn't happy. So I guess if I want that VDay present, I better straighten up! Hope yours is awesome!

      Delete
  4. please share with me how you have barely cooked!? take out!? or whats the secret!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jenn! It's called celebrating your January birthday month all month long and being sick at the beginning of February! Too much cake? We've been eating alot from the freezer, too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. It must be in the air, cause we too have been awful about home eating lately. It's annoying me. And I'm annoyed by me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, you are a hoot! Take the meds people!! ;) ;) And bitmoji = best thing ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have to go check out this bitmoji thing. Glad you're feeling a little better. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post sweet pea!! Oh that Cam, not happy!! I went for my yearly yesterday and gained 3lbs from last year..no not gonna happen, well after one more red velvet doughnut. Yes, we are not over the top V-Dayers by any means, just wanna snuggle with my man and at east open some junior mints, lol!!! Love ya xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've dropped the cooking ball a bit in recent months. We're in temporary living space for a year and I've been using that as my excuse. It's an apartment with a full kitchen, but all rented everything right down to the forks, so not well stocked and no counter space. I'm sure when we move into the house my cooking mojo will return. At least that's what I tell myself! Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it nice to hop on the scale and have it be a pleasant surprise?! I love those days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are back and feeling better. I for one think it is AOK not to have to do some cooking for a few.....we all need a break.

    ReplyDelete