Wednesday, January 13, 2016

School Days & Drama

I know as bloggers, we all have our own little space in the big wide world of the internet, and I feel like I've been doing an awful lot of complaining lately in my little corner.  I just haven't been myself. Despite how I'm feeling, I am SO SO proud of my Baby Girl! I know she's a kid and I know she's not perfect, but she's a damn good kid and if I lost her tomorrow, well, the Good Lord better take me, too!

We had a little girl drama at school this week and a nasty note got put in Alise's locker that said, "Watch Your Back." She recognized the handwriting, but got mad and tore the note up and threw it away. I have no reason to believe that she lied about it. I didn't find out about this until yesterday evening and normally, I would have been in the principal's office first thing this morning throwing a southern style hissy fit, but I didn't.  And I don't know why, really. I did talk to Jessica about it last night and her teacher cooberated the story Alise told me.  I'm just chalking it up to a bad day, her friends treating her unfairly and giving her time to suck it up and be the better person. I know that I can't fight her battles for her, but a Mama's heart still breaks when her child's heart is breaking, too.   But I do think the note went a little too far. If it happens again, there will be a throw down in the principal's office, I can assure you.

Having said all that, Alise received a reward this morning for All A's for the second nine weeks of school!  I am SO proud of her!  She worked extremely hard and except for that darn English, she would have had 100 or above averages in all her classes!  That's freakin' awesome!  She had a 98 in English. Since the science fair has been canceled, I'm hoping to do something extra special with her this weekend {after a basketball game, of course!}.

Not the best hair day, but I wanted to say that Santa's gift of a more expensive flat iron {not a Chi, we're not ready for that yet} and some thermal infusion spray are really helping to get and keep her hair straighter.  The good news is that Mama doesn't have to do it! Alise does her hair all by herself now. I would also like to point out that those Uggs, are size 7.  In women.  Mama might get to try those out!

My friend Kristin got some great pictures from our basketball games last Thursday night and this past Saturday.  She shared them on FB, but since my blog is our scrapbook, I wanted to include a few here as well.

I would like to think that this is the shot that Alise made and actually scored for the first time, but I really can't tell.  She went up for several baskets that night, but only made one.  Let's just say that it is.


This picture totally cracks me up!  I showed you earlier in the week the size of girls we've been playing against and they definitely have alot more experience than we do.  But here's my Baby Girl, giving everything she's got and she still didn't give the ball away.  Alise takes after Wayne.  She is very athletic and competitive.  I am seeing a whole other side to my girl through sports this year.


And this picture is just extra special because Wayne is in the background watching.  I'm actually crying right now as I type this.  Love those two very much! Our team parents had a great laugh Saturday when Alise showed up with knee pads.  She's taking after D & S, I like to think, but it's really daddy taking care of his daughter!  She had a huge bruise on one of her knees from Thursday's game and so he bought her pads for Saturday.

Thanks for sticking with me today, y'all.

13 comments:

  1. I am so proud of Alise too!!! Such a great well rounded girl with such a bright future!!! Dumb girl drama, they're just jealous of her awesomeness!!! My heart breaks for the kiddos all the time, but it swells with pride waaaay more!!! Proud mama through and through you are and Alise is lucky to have you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl, for your kind words. And you're right and you don't even have girls! LOL! But that's exactly what it is! Dumb Girl Drama and jealousy! Muah!

      Delete
  2. Awww...good for her. Regarding the drama, dumb girl drama most likely, however agree that if it happens again that is it!! Our schools have a ZERO tolerance for bullying of any kind. We had issues with a BOY when Katie was in middle school!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you've been around the block with dumb girl drama! Ha! And with a boy, too?! Wow! Today was much better today! Our school has zero tolerance for bullying, too, I just know how her friends can be sometimes. I was shocked by the note, though.

      Delete
  3. Girls can be real bitches! Yup, I cussed. But, having three girls I've had my share of drama and I tolerate none. Ever. So keep your momma radar up and give that darling daughter the power of her momma. I wish I could tell you things will get better. Middles school is the worst and it begins to mellow a bit come high school. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Michelle! You and I are so much alike! We just like to tell it like it is! Best way to be!

      Delete
  4. A Southern hissy fit, I love that! And, so, so sorry for the unnecessary drama. And, we Momma's can be real bears when folks go to messin' with our cubs. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls can be so mean to each other. I hate it that she had to go through that experience. Great basketball pics - thanks for sharing!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennie. I'm hoping for better days ahead.

      Delete
  6. So hard to know when you should let them fight their own battles vs when things have gone to far and it's time to step in. Prayers momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl I can totally relate to those bad days. I just had one myself! Kids can be cruel sometimes and I know it's so hard to try and sit back and let them fight their own battles! She is lucky to have you for sure! Have a great weekend my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl drama is so yucky! the girl drama at our house always stems from boys. If Alise is rocking her flat iron, she might want to try the instyler when she wants curls! It's awesome, Sofia uses it on me! Oh and Uggs - Santa brought Sofia a size 8 for Christmas. Too big for me. crazy!

    ReplyDelete