Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Post Birthday Week Means Lots Of Cake

Hello, everyone!

I've been a little MIA since my birthday, which was FABULOUS by the way!  Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes!  It truly was a great day! I told y'all chocolate cake would be involved!


Still celebrating, though! I had lunch at Trapp's with my co-workers last week and ANOTHER chocolate cake later that afternoon.  Then, Saturday night, we celebrated with Kristin and Paul with drinks and apps at a local restaurant.


Mom and I headed south to Baton Rouge on Sunday morning.  I had a two-day conference to attend and she went with me to keep me company.  Mom knows the area really well and where the great shopping places are. I had two things I needed to accomplish on this trip: buy one of my birthday gifts at Kendra Scott and come home with King Cake!  Just so you know, I accomplished both! Slacker, indeed!



Kendra Scott was hopping Sunday afternoon!  I couldn't believe all the people that were in that store! I'll be sharing soon what I purchased, but for now, I'll leave you with this hint: Spring!  Also, I saw SO MUCH turquoise, orange, pink, lavender, navy, and green for Spring! These colors are definitely on point with Pantone's 2016 Color Guide for Spring! As for King Cakes, no one can touch this southern Louisiana delicacy! My favorite comes from The Ambrosia Bakery and they are delicious! While I was in class Tuesday morning, mom made a King Cake run in the pouring rain! We bought FOUR and hauled them back to north Louisiana. Wayne and Alise couldn't wait to open and dig into the strawberry and cream cheese filled cake!  So, so yummy!

Needless to say, I've been eating my fair share of cake in the last week!  Ha!

We've gotten to spend some time with D & S over the last two weeks since the girls are playing at home for four consecutive games. They said they hate to travel, which I find surprising, but maybe so...being away from home and friends. Anyway, since we hadn't seen them since NYE, we were happy to hang out and take them to eat at the Field House after the Thursday night win against Troy. Talk about another nail biter!  The week before, they beat Georgia State on the road by one point in the last second of the game! I told the girls they were giving me a heart attack with all these close games!  Good grief! They just laughed; they think it's great and are excited to be winning again!  S had a really good game against Troy and we love to cheer for her since she doesn't have family here. But I've never seen girls eat like they do! Gosh, they are always starving!


Speaking of basketball, I hated to miss Alise's game on Monday night, but Coach Horton told me that she played "pretty scrappy" {whatever THAT means!} and actually got elbowed in the stomach. I think she survived, though!  We only have two games left on our schedule and then the season will be over.

I hope everyone has FUN, WONDERFUL plans for the weekend!  I'll be stuck doing a #&%$* Science Fair Project! Yes, I know I told you that it got canceled {after a parent ranted on social media what the parents were all thinking}, but actually we still have to do the report for a grade.  The report is 12-13 pages, peeps! I've decided to put my big girl panties on and get it over with.  All I can say is thank God for the internet! And wine.  Lots of wine!

13 comments:

  1. Whew, whew, whew!! So glad your back!! Missed you sweet pea!!! I knew you were celebrating like mad and so glad it was awesome!! You deserve to be spoiled my friend!!! ;-) lots of hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Girl! It's been a busy week, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again. Dare I say that I might even feel a little "motivated?" Ha!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your birthday was fabulous! Love the extended celebrating, I think we should all celebrate our birthdays for at least a week :) Can't wait to see what you bought at Kendra Scott!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! I totally agree about the celebrating!

      Delete
  3. I love taking my mom along for conferences!! Glad you are enjoying your bday month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and I had a great time! Unfortunately, January is nearly over and I've got to get my butt in gear!

      Delete
  4. Looks like your staying busy and having a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, life is busy right now, Amy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I missed you her on the w.w.w. Hope you had a fabulous birthday! King Cake is just the best isn't it? Sorry to hear about the science project! Like you said, time for the big girl britches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Tanya! I'm trying to play "catch up" in Blog Land!

      Delete
  6. Happy to hear your month long celebration was a success and you are now another year older and wiser. Here's to the next year being ever so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a nice long birthday celebration. Good for you! And, those king cakes, oh my, yummy goodness! I am sooooo glad that Science projects are a thing of my past. Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea there were Kendra Scott stores. How fun. And I've never had a Kings Cake! I'm not even sure you can get one in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete