Friday, January 15, 2016

My Birthday Wish List

First of all, thank you so much for your comments, emails, and texts yesterday regarding my post on Wednesday. One of Alise's sweet friends talked to her about it yesterday at school and it made her feel much better. It's been a rough week and I'm just really looking forward to some down time this weekend with my family. There's just something about that word, 'family,' and being with those you love that can totally give you a new perspective. Today I'm linking up with A Liz Adventures and Momfessionals for Friday Favorites. For fashion today, I'm linking up with my friend Jennie over at her blog, A Pocketful of Polka Dots.  Join us!

                             


Happy Birthday to me!

Well, technically not until next week. In FIVE days to be exact! But like any girl who loves a great party and looks for a reason to celebrate, I've been doing just that! I tend to celebrate the entire month of January! I'm planning to take the day off from work, visit a local spa, and have lunch with friends. I'm not sure if we'll celebrate as a family later that night or wait until the weekend, but I know there better be a chocolate cake involved somewhere, somehow. Here are some things that would make this birthday girl oh-so happy!

{one.} Adele / 25. Ok, well, obviously this little item on my Christmas list got totally overlooked because it didn't happen on December 25th! So maybe it will happen on January 20th! I've loved all the songs I've heard via social media {and the radio}, and I love Adele! Please, pretty please!  I want this!



{two.} Kendra Scott Eloise Pendant in Pyrite. This necklace is similar to the one I bought Annie in Dallas last Fall and I was reminded again a few weeks ago when we met her for dinner, that I wanted a similar necklace. She was wearing it and it made my heart smile. I guess I'm just easily overwhelmed when it comes to new trends and it takes me a while to finally decide what I like. There are so many Kendra Scott designs!  I remember standing at the KS counter in Nordstrom's for a while trying to make a decision. I like to be different and although everyone else seems to like the longer necklaces, I really like the shorter ones instead. I'm looking forward to visiting and browsing a store in Baton Rouge in a few weeks!

{three.} Drybar Brightening Shampoo. Ever since I read about this shampoo on Jessica's blog, I've wanted to try it! It's no secret that I color my hair and as a blonde, sometimes the color can begin to look dingy or yellow. I would love to brighten up my color for my birthday!


{four.} Clarisonic. I'm late to jump on the Clarisonic bandwagon.  I know, I know.  A friend at work has been telling me about it for years, and I just never was really interested.  Until now.  I think I want to try this. Does that sound convincing or what? Ha!


{five.} Pioneer Woman's Cookbook. This is another Christmas wish that Santa forgot about.  Here's to hoping he'll make it up to me next week!


{six.} NARS Blush in Orgasm. I've been struggling in the blush department when it comes to my personal makeup. It doesn't matter how much I feel like I'm caking it on, I still feel washed out and like I have no color on my cheeks.  I've started doing a bit of contouring and that has helped some, but I still feel pale - even for this time of the year. I read somewhere that maybe it's the brush I'm using.  I'll have to do a little more research on that, but in the meantime, all the cosmetic bloggers have been raving over this blush for a while.  I've never tried NARS products, but would love to give this a shot.


{seven.} Kate Spade Emerald Cut Earrings. I'm so sad, y'all.  I just went to link these sparkly beauties and found that their sold out!  Darn!  Anyhoo, I still love them! Still want them!

{eight.} Awaken Sea Salt Scrub. For Christmas, my friend, Jennifer, got all the girls Arbonne's Awaken Sea Salt Scrub and I. am. in. LOVE!  I don't normally use salt or sugar scrubs and my fragrance of choice is Amazing Grace by Philosophy, but I am in AWE how my skin feels after I use this scrub!  I love it so much that I'm secretly hoping for another one so that I have a "back up." My favorite time to use it is right before bed when I have my evening down time with a good book and warm bath. My legs tend to be overly dry in the winter time and with this scrub, they feel wonderful!

{nine.} OTK Boots. I have a pair of black ones, but I've had my eye on a suede, cognac pair since before Thanksgiving. Of  course when I went back on Black Friday there gone and I haven't seen them again, but I'm still on the search.  I love how Reese is rocking this pair!




{ten.} Barrington Tote. I've had my eye on this baby for a while and never could push the button. Don't ask me why because I'm a Leopard Queen.  I think my problem about buying more expensive bags is that I'm scared I'm going to find something I like better or I'm not going to like a bag as much as I think I will, and I'm afraid of being "stuck." But when it comes to receiving it as a gift, well, of course I want the Leopard St. Anne Tote!

The St. Anne Tote - Collections:

If you're still with me, I wanted to end this post by sharing my FAVORITE post this week {since this is a Friday Favorite} and that would have to be Wear It For Less's {or is is just apostrophe?} How To Wear Pantone's Colors Of The Year.  Have you checked out the color scheme for 2016?!


My two favorite in the palette - and most popular right now - are Serenity and Rose Quartz.  I mean, pink and purple, peeps!?  How can you go wrong?  I've been reading Wear It For Less' Blog for a while now and I love it because she offers so many alternatives - in various price ranges - for the styles she posts and her Guessing Games are always fun! When I saw her pictures and read this post, it put a smile on this winter girl's face {and y'all know how much I love winter!}! It reminded me that better days are ahead!

Thanks for reading along today and have a great weekend, everybody!

17 comments:

  1. OOOH birthday girl, getting real, getting close!! I think Mr. Horton should get you one of each!! I LOVE that leopard bag. And here we go again sista, great minds alike, I have a style of Reese's on my favs today too! And the only blush I use is NARS orgasm and I cook with the Pioneer woman all the time, such great cookbooks!! And of course Adele..well...simply the best. Make sure you watch the Youtube of her with James Corden in car karaoke..I could watch it all day! Love ya, hugs for a fantastic weekend before your B-Day beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrea! Yes, I've seen the Adele Youtube and I love it! So fun!

      Delete
  2. Glad it worked out with Alise. Daughters, get some good wine and chocolate and have it stocked. Where no one else will find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You know I have a stash, Michelle! I believe I was shocked more than anything concerning what happened at school, but I was really glad that her friend made a point to talk to her about it. Alise seems to be fluctuating between that "emotional stage" right now {God help me!}, but she's not one to get her feelings hurt easily, either. I knew that it really upset her, but she's fine now. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I have had OTK boots on my wish list for awhile now too, but have yet to find an affordable pair i like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im obsessed with my clarisonic! eeks! hope you have a great birthday girl! So glad I came across your blog on the link up! Hope you'll stop by mine as well :) Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats SUCH a great birthday list! I hope you get all of it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Adele CD. I have the harrington print of the Barrington Bag and it is AMAZING. I use it as a diaper bag and it's perfect and stylish!

    HashtagMomBlog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your birthday. I have the blush...you need it and I have the clarisonic and you need that too!!! Have a great weekend my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking care of me, Kimm!

      Delete
  7. Loving all the things on your list. I have a KS long necklace and a shorter one, love them both equally!! Can't go wrong. And, I too am hearing a lot about Nars cosmetics lately. MIght have to check it out. I did buy Elie a set of their makeup brushes years ago and they lasted forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Clarisonic has definitely changed my skin for the better. ANd girl I have kicked myself over and over for sending those dang boots back in August...they were kind of hard to get on but I'm thinking now it was because IT WAS AUGUST and my feet not the normal fall/winter size. :) I have looked at that blush forever too and I totally agree..love following Wear it for Less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I hate that you returned the boots, too!

      Delete
  9. Great gift list! I hope you get lots of goodies next week. I feel the same way about expensive purses and totes. I like to have a variety of bags "in rotation" so feel kind of guilty about spending a lot on them. I know people who carry the same purse for years, so an expensive bag seems more justified for them. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a purse rotater {if that's even a word!}, too! I have to rotate each season and sometimes inbetween! Have fun on your trip!

      Delete
  10. That's quite a list and I like a lot on there as well. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead as you celebrate life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous list, Laura! Now I have added that leopard tote and the cognac OTK boots to my list - you have great taste. :) You and your face will love the Clarisonic and I have read amazing things about that particular Nars blush. Thanks for linking up and have a wonderful weekend, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I hope you had a Happy Birthday! Did you get the Clarisonic? I was late on this one as well and got mine for Christmas, I love it!

    ReplyDelete