Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Four Come Back Styles For Spring

Last week I was browsing Pinterest while Wayne was watching TV and noticed that some spring pins were beginning to pop up in my feed.  Wow!  Spring!  That still seems so far away to me.  I guess because here in Louisiana, we're just beginning to really have some cold temperatures.  So I got to thinking...What are some of my favorite spring and summer styles?  What are some classic looks that could never go out of style for me personally?  So I got to looking on my Spring and Summer Wardrobe board and decided to put together a post of some styles that I hope simply never do GO OUT OF STYLE! I decided to use what I already had pinned; I didn't pin anything new for this post. Take a look and see if you agree.  I would love to read your comments.


{white.} There's just something to be said about wearing white after a season of mostly dark hues. I tend to wear more black and navy in the fall and winter, so to me, white is refreshing and mood lifting.  White makes me happy! I usually start the spring season with breaking out my cropped jeans {Note to self: I need to find a new pair this year.  Mine are several years old and aren't looking as crisp these days}. I love to pair them with cardigans and bright colored shirts or blouses.  In late spring, I'll begin wearing white blouses, mostly lace or ruffle-flowing and maybe pair them with a linen jacket for the office.  But by June, I'm all about some white dresses, which scream summer in my book!  I have several eyelet and embroidered dresses that I wear for date nights or church.


{florals.} I was a very big fan of floral prints last summer and purchased some floral shorts from Old Navy specifically for our trip to Hawaii. I even bought a floral midi skirt that I absolutely LOVE, but I didn't get a chance to wear it that much last year because it totally clashed with Felicia. For some reason, florals remind me of the '80's, which is my jam.  Molly Ringwald especially comes to mind, so I'm more than happy to relive my teenage years and wear lots and lots of floral prints. Florals Forever! #flowerpower


{dots.} Okay, I'm not sure what my specific obsession with black/navy and white polka dots are as far as pinning, but I had lots of those combinations on my board. Truth is, I'm instantly drawn to anything that's leopard or polka dotted! Both are classics. Polka dots are fun and shout days of warmer weather. You can dress them up or down, or even pattern mix.


{maxi dress.} I'm 5'4" and it's hard to find a maxi dress that I don't drag behind me like a train. I really didn't care for this style of dress when it first came out, because they were so long and I felt so incredibly short.  Then I discovered the power of a wedge heel and it clicked that I really COULD wear a really long dress as long as I could add inches with my shoes. I ended up buying several maxi dresses last spring and early summer, specifically the red and white and blue floral shown here {I bought the floral dress for Hawaii}.  I could wear them to work or church by adding a denim jacket or cardigan and they came in quite handy with hiding Felicia once I was off my crutches last summer. Maxi dresses also come in pretty nice for days when you don't feel like shaving your legs.  Just sayin.


What are some of your favorite styles that you hope stay around for a while longer or make a come back?

I'm linking up with these blogs this week: The Pleated Poppy, What's Hap-Pinning Wednesday, Mix & Match Fashion, Five On Friday, Friday Favorites, Fabulous Friday. And last but not least, my favorite girl, Andrea for My Refined Style {not gonna miss it this month!}!
The FABulous Journey

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday....you'll see this everywhere today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy Day!! It's your Birthday.....may it be full of all the love, laughs and fun only the BEST lady in all of the south deserves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been an awesome day! Thank you, Love!

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy birthday!! Wishing you all the best!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Biana!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Love these styles! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessi!

      Delete
  5. Super fun pins!!! You've got great style! Happy birthday, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Briana! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday sweet friend! Love all of the above and do hope they are all back in for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday! I love florals and am equally obsessed with polka dots...thinking a midi skirt needs to be in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope none of those go out of style too! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks, Mattie!

      Delete
  9. I cannot wait for spring florals!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! Hope it was great. Right now I'd wear anything spring related! I really love the lace trend and hope it continues this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything with polka dots and I agree that the navy and white style is just perfect! I bought my first wedges last year, so maybe I can pull off a maxi dress this year? Although I am just barely 5'2 so who knows if they will still be long! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you decided to join us on My Refined Style. You look super chic in all these photos!
    xo~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great looks! Thanks so much for sharing with My Refined Style link up!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete