Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Currently ~ January 2016



 photo currently-hosts2_zpstvdgzpyh.png

Today I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna for January's Currently Linkup! This is my first time linking up with them and I especially liked the prompts for this one.  So if you're stopping by from the blog hop, I want to say hello and welcome to my little space where I blog about our family and MY life becaue it's cheaper than therapy.  Trust me, I know. The sliding scale payment system never worked for me. Hey! That would make a great blog topic: Why Blogging Is Cheaper Than Therapy. Writing that one down now.

Now on to the prompts:

resolving// I don't normally make resolutions, but when I do...I choose a word for the year instead. In 2014, my word of the year was Peace and in 2015, my word was Joy. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you probably already know the significance those words had on my life in those years, and even today, I'm so amazed how one word that I prayed for in January would be so suited for me throughout my entire year. I believe God knows what we need and when we ask Him for things with a sincere and humbled heart, He answers. I also can't begin to tell you the pressure that's been lifted the past two years with not making resolutions!  I'm a planner; a goal maker?  Not so much. And there is a difference. I have yet to come up with a word for 2016, but I'm praying about it and hopefully, discussing it more here on my blog around the middle of January.

reading//Alise's class read, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, and the first chapter sucked her in {reading NEVAH sucks her in!}, and so I decided to read it with her.  It was only eight chapters, so no biggie. We read it together before bed, so it made for great snuggling time. I did read, Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses a few weeks before Christmas and it was a really good cheap read for the holidays. Not sure why I was in a historic romance novel frame of mind, but I read The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende and Finding Rebecca, which was a first novel for Eoin Dempsey. I really, really liked both. I'm currently reading, Pretending To Dance, by one of my favorite authors, Diane Chamberlain.  I finished the year with reading a total of 44 books.  Not too shabby.  You can follow me on Goodreads.


organizing// Ugh!  Did you have to mention this one? I have to be in the mood to organize and I'll be honest and say that the bug doesn't bite too often.  I have an entire woman cave to myself and it's like a black hole!  I just throw things in there and shut the door! Organizing and cleaning it out is like a dark cloud hanging over my head, and something that I need to remedy soon, but once you read what I'm loving this month, you'll undestand why I'm not touching a thing in that cave until after January! I do have to give myself a pat on the back, though, for cleaning the tops of ALL my kitchen cabinets two days after Christmas when the decorations came down. That's progress.

loving// I am loving January because it's MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!  Woo-hoo! What can I say, I like to celebrate all month! And with cake! Don't forget the cake!

it my birthday ill be accepting gifts all month of july - Yahoo Image Search Results:

I'm a winter girl, so this time of year is my favorite.  I know that may sound entirely SICK-O, but hey!  There's a reason I'm a January baby! I love to layer!  I love to wear boots!  My favorite "me time" is sitting in front of a warm fire reading a good book.

craving//A birthday cake with chocolate cake and chocolate icing, of course! I'm craving all the comforts of home cooking and southern favorites, like meatloaf and mashed potatoes, spaghetti, and chicken and dumplings! I'm planning to try some "new" recipes to the "old" favorites very soon!

I plan to use this post as my Friday Favorites this week, so I'll be linking up with Momfessionals and A Liz Adventures.  See y'all next week!

22 comments:

  1. I love the first part of winter too! I feel like we hibernate and spend so much more time as a family. Cozy days on the couch are perfect after being so busy in summer and fall! In Maine winter can get a little long though and I start to want nice weather again long before it is over! This year though winter weather didn't start until January, so if still ended in March/early April that would be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, January birthday girl in da house!!!! I must know that date my friend!! Icing on the cake: Alabama championship!!! oh yes!!! LOVE comfort foods this time of year and guess what? I love winter too and sitting, reading by our fireplace!! Happy week's about half over day gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picking up Japanese Lover from the library on hold today so I look forward to reading it since you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, The Japanese Lover was a little different to me, - the order/chapters of the book were weird - but other than that I really liked it. I'd probably give it a 4.5. Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  4. Pretending to dance sounds like a good one, I need to check it out! Happy Birthday this month! Mine is in February...I always hated having a winter birthday, but now that I am older, I love just having a cozy, relaxing birthday :) Of course in Texas, it can be hot, cold, rainy or snowing so I never know what it will actually end up being! Happy New Year!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is the same here in Louisiana, Alexis. You just never know! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday month!! At least you have a good excuse to be craving a yummy birthday cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Jenn! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I love the best Christmas pageant ever, such a great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to think at first when it talked about the kids smoking and burning down a building, but Alise and I had some great laughs!

      Delete
  7. Blogging is cheaper than therapy! I love that one! Happy Birthday month! I'm excited to find out what your new word is for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW! Thank you, Amy! I'm still working on it! Maybe next week!

      Delete
  8. haha you and I think a lot alike when it comes to birthdays - I give my friends a hard time because they always want their bday to be under the radar. And here I am like "Its my birthday MONTH!!!" hahaha. I found your blog from the link up today (and although I didn't link up, I'm glad I found your blog through it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you stopped by and left a comment! Yes, I celebrate my special day ALL MONTH LONG!!

      Delete
  9. January is also my birthday month! The 18th that is. When is your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Mine's the 20th! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed this Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday month!! What do you have planned? I pick a word of the year as well! I'm excited to hear what yours is. Thanks so much for linking up! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay birthday month!your blog is adorable! i can't wait to follow more and so glad i found you on the linkup! hope you'll stop by mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday month, lady! Celebrate all month long!

    ReplyDelete