Thursday, December 03, 2015

Pinterest Woes

Am I the only one having  problems with Pinterest?

About a week ago, I started getting these really weird email messages in the wee hours of the morning {and I do mean 'wee' - like 2 and 3 AM} from these CRAY-ZEE people with names like, "syrpiedsuayre idlsndirlsdq" and "rpquesnsorq gbvcahtys."  At first, I thought, these were Indian people that live half a world away from us and so they were just doing their pinning at a certain time of day, but the "names" were never the same and they were just plain weird.  Weird, I'm telling ya! {I'd show you a picture of my inbox, but I'm too lazy to do it right now.  Just keeping it real, peeps!}


I don't normally pay any attention to Pinterest emails telling me that someone has pinned one of my pins.  I should probably turn the notification feature off, but when these crazy emails started popping up, I thought, well, what in the hell are they pinning?  So I looked and discovered that it was "name brand" items like a Michael Kors watch or a Kate Spade purse or Tory Burch flip flops. Anything high end that I had pinned, they were pinning, too.  I don't know, maybe this wouldn't bother you, but it's filling up my inbox and it's pissing me off {What Christmas spirit?}.  I mean, I wake up in the morning and I have like 30 different email notifications from these weird people.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Oh, and when I went to my Pinterest profile, these peeps names weren't showing up as pinning anything. I told y'all it was weird! I began wondering if maybe my account had been hacked, but my word!  How did they figure out my very anal and complicated password?  I can barely remember it!

I got on Pinterest to try and report the issue, but only found trouble shooting topics and not a specific place to report an issue.  So I decided to reset my very anal and complicated password into an even more anal and complicated password.

I'll let you know if it works or not.

Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas!

P.S. And since we're on the subject of Pinterest, just a reminder that we have a Fashion Over 40 group board on Pinterest that you can follow (see the right of my blog).  If you're interested in pinning to the board, just send me your email and I'll add you to the group!

5 comments:

  1. YES! It was happening to my daughter's Pinterest account too. Last week she showed me the names - weird names like yours and a ton of them. EVERY DAY! Annoying the " " out of her too. And me, because she thinks I know the answer, I don't even know half the time what I'm doing on Pinterest. I think she too changed her PW and reset something. So far, so good. Where do these things come from? Anyways, you expressed OUR frustrations very well! Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not dreaming this crap up! I changed my password, too, and hello to the first morning of being "cray-zee pinterest problems" free! I hope it lasts!!

      Delete
  2. So weird. I don't know much about it it seeing as I have never been on Pinterest! I can't bring myself to go on there I know I will become addicted and I'll spend my days doing nothing but pinning !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So weird girl!! I occasionally have foreign messages from Pinterest show up in email then when I go in my account and click messages, they are gone!! Alas, can Pinterest not even be safe?? Girl, I just got home from shopping for 11 hours!! I'm popped!! Glass of wine, jammies on and here's to ya friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, same here! Very annoying...

    ReplyDelete