Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pictures From Our Christmas

Here are a few pics from our Christmas holiday this past week. I take all pictures with my phone these days and I just know one day I am going to regret not breaking out the Nikon.

On Christmas Eve, Alise and I attended our church's Christmas Eve Candlelight Service {Wayne was still working and didn't get home until 7:30}. The church was filled to capacity and there were even people standing!  Alise loves going every year.  This is a picture of the choir loft, but there were lighted Christmas trees all around the sanctuary.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Christmas!


Alise's favorite gift from Santa - a Fit Bit! I've caught her walking around her room so she can "get her steps in" for the day!  Heaven help me!  Her basketball goal is another story.  It was scheduled to arrive and didn't.


A Christmas morning tradition: warm sausage bread and fruit!  For lunch, we had steaks with all the trimmings with my parents.


Don't EVEN ask!! It was so hot and humid that parts of our driveway was actually sweating.  You peeps up North probably don't know anything about that.


Christmas with my parents at our house! I could open a Bath and Body STORE if I wanted to!


Twinkies under the tree on Christmas. And Jack.  One of his Christmas presents was a grooming appointment on Sunday!  Ha!


The Horton's on Christmas. Wayne was tickling Alise to make her laugh.


After lunch and naps, we went to see the movie, Daddy's Home. It was SO cute!  I only had to cover Alise's eyes once {Thank you, Jesus!}. You need to see, Sisters, too!

On Saturday, we had all the Christmas things packed away except for the tree and my front door decorations in about two hours.  It's never fun packing it away and another reason I've decided to leave the tree up until January 1st. We went to lunch and then tried to exchange some things at the mall, but we must have been out of our minds!  The lines and stores were crazy!! Sunday night, Alise went to spend the night with her cousin and Wayne and I took D & S out to eat, which is becoming a favorite Sunday night tradition. They are like our daughters, it's weird like that. We love getting together with them, but they are about to hit conference play and two practices a day, so life is about to get very busy for them.  We came home and watched the Moby Dick movie {Gag me with a spoon!} and I tried to watch The Danish Girl, but couldn't get interested.  We watched alot of movies and did an awful lot of sleeping over the holiday.

This will be my last post for 2015!  I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, even if it was warm! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Lana!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun and memorable Christmas. I totally "understand" about the sweating of the driveway. I have my AC on and it is December. That has never happened before. CRAZY! Humid like it is July around here. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. I was gifted a fitbit too :-0 And yes, it has been so darn warm...we knew we needed to replace our downstairs A/C this spring, but in December?????? Not happening. Thank God for whole house fans!! Have a blessed New Year friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! December and after Christmas is not the time to be replacing AC units! Fortunately for us, the weather turned colder here again yesterday! One day shorts, the next day coats!

      Delete
  4. Awwww, I LOVE your schnauzer! Makes me miss Ally, who we had to put down in Sept. Beautiful pictures!!
    Do you shop Bath & Body Works online? I've started doing that...there are AMAZING sales online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your Ally, Mary. Losing a pet is never easy. We lost an outside dog named Bo about three years ago and Alise was devestated! She STILL talks about him and gets upset over him. She is more attached to Jack - I guess being an inside dog - so I can't imagine what we'll go through if something were to happen to him. Happy New Year and thanks for the BBW tidbit!

      Delete
  5. OK, first off absolute Darlings in your little Santa shirts! Could not be cuter! And I could use a little hunk of that warm sausage bread right now! Looks like you had a marvelous time my dear and I'm tickled pink you did! Bring on 2016 sista!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great holiday! And I love you two girls in those adorable matching shirts! Happy new year my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I totally walk around the house trying to get my steps in as well!! So happy to hear you had a wonderful Christmas girl!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun time was had by all. I love you and Alise's matching shirts. So cute! Blessings abundant for 2016!

    ReplyDelete