Monday, December 14, 2015

Livin' Large

I feel like I have fallen down the black hole of basketball practice and games and I can't get out! Thank goodness our last tournament for 2015 was Saturday in Shreveport and I can now catch my breath and resume my Christmas mojo {hopefully!}.  Here's what we've been up to besides basketball!

We're just loving life right now!  School is out - except for a few half days this week- and Baby Girl and I are enjoying a more laid back routine.  Our social calendar is slammed with celebrating Christmas with friends and of course, the new Star Wars movie that comes out this Thursday!  She is counting down the day! One of Alise's friend's mom sent me this funny a few weeks ago.



Just what the H-E-double L was I thinking last week, griping about that $#*& science fair project?!  I put it off on Wayne. #problemsolved

I failed to mention a little soiree the girls and I had recently that included our men!  The middle school Christmas dance was a few weeks ago, so the parents decided to get together at a local restaurant for dinner while the kids were dancing the night away {Alise was miffed that she couldn't go to the dance and we got to go out for the evening.  I'm not quite sure what "you're not a middle schooler, YET" and "me and your daddy need a night out" she didn't understand!}.  We had SO much fun - even the guys enjoyed it! - but sadly I don't have a picture to prove it! Everyone got dressed up and we had an awesome dinner in front of a slow fire and twinkling Christmas decor.  It was a wonderful evening {even though Wayne refused to leave the house until Alabama had "officially" beat Florida in the SEC Championship game!}.

Speaking of my favorite UPS man, he is very, very busy right now! He's been putting in some serious hours and some days we hardly see each other. And for those of you wondering why I dumped the $@*% SFP in his lap, well, things will be back to "normal" {whatever that is!} in January, and he'll be able to handle it much better than I will! Besides, January is my birthday month and I seriously don't want to be bothered with a %@#* SFP!

Insomnia has taken over my life again, which makes me a very tired and cranky Mama. I literally went home at lunch one day last week to take a nap! It got to the point where I just couldn't function anymore, so I had to do something. I'm probably totally screwing up my sleeping schedule.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this look {but not all the jewelry so much}!! I love her hair, the hoop earrings, the boots... just everything! Besides, I've been looking for something in teal for a while.

Like, Pin, SHARE!      http://tunicdresses.net/:

So...I ordered this tunic from Nordstrom and I love it!  The color is perfect! Maybe I'll share some pics of this pinspiration soon!

S & D requested brownies a few weeks ago, and Wayne insisted that I make them from scratch. No big deal because I have a really great homemade recipe, but I wasn't able to find it!  So I had to improvise and I used this one off Pinterest instead. Let's just say that they were VERY rich! I should have known when the recipe called for chocolate chips AND a semi-sweet chocolate bar! The girls didn't care, though.  They inhaled them and the ones they didn't eat went home with them.

Looks like changing my Pinterest password did the trick with all the weird emails I had been getting.

Alise turned in her final project today.  They have been talking about how Christmas is celebrated around the world and Alise's country was Australia.  I didn't take a pic of her poster, but look at her cute kangaroo and koala bear!  She made them out of toilet paper holders! I had absolutely nothing to do with it!


Yesterday, the girls basketball team drove over to Ruston to see the Lady Techsters play Mississippi State.  They got to meet the players and got a locker room tour.  The girls even made it on the jumbo tron! Forgive me, but I'm just too lazy to upload the pics right now. In the middle of the game, I get a text from D that says, "We know you're cheating on us!"  So after the game, we drove back to Sterlington to take her and S out for pizza.  S had never had our "local pizza" and so it was extra special to treat them.

Our Christmas cards are signed, sealed, and in the mail!  Go me!

Wayne and I were seriously considering going to see Bama play in the Dallas Cotton Bowl on December 31st until we found out that the game doesn't even start until 7pm.  Thinking we might just have a rockin' NYE party instead!

We won our first basketball game on Saturday and the girls were SO excited! Alise had several steals, but still can't seem to beat the buzzer when it comes to dribbling down court for a lay up! We've got to work on that!

I'll be in and out of Blog Land during the Christmas holidays, but you can keep up with us on Instagram and Twitter.

14 comments:

  1. Ha, love the countdown calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seriously considered going to Dallas on our Alumni Association trip, but decided it was too expensive for what was included. Also, we used to live in Dallas, so it wasn't that exciting for us. Wouldn't that have been a hoot if we could have met for a drink before the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been so much fun, Vicki! We could have tailgated together! I think neither one of us is wanting to spend NYE night in Dallas. If the game had been earlier, we probably would have gone.

      Delete
  3. Insomnia, oh lady I feel for you. I went through a month of total hell trying to get sleep...it is the pits. Hope things improve. Hormones, all hormones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible, Michelle! For instance, last night, I could NOT keep my eyes open at 9:15 so I went to bed thinking, okay, I'm going to get some sleep tonight! Nope! WIDE awake at 12:15! My brain was going 90 miles a minute!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that outfit and thanks linking because I had not seen it on sale! We will be twinkles. We finished basketball and dance for the semester too and I cannot wait for some down time. I have actually been sleeping really well I think but lordy I just do not feel rested! And kudos to you for debating the whole Christmas card but then getting them out. I still don't have mine ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Can't wait to see how you style the tunic!

      Delete
  5. Oh, Laura, I encourage you to get some Lavender essential oil and diffuse into your bedroom for a better night's sleep and you can also rub it on the bottom of your feet as well. Don't know how you lead such a busy life without a good night's sleep. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea, you are SO right about the lavender! I've been using essential oils since this summer. It's my own fault, though, because I'm either too lazy or I simply forget to diffuse at night. I have a diffuser right beside my bed. I MUST start doing that again!

      Delete
  6. I'm jealous that school is basically already out!! I wish it was next Monday already and work was basically out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for more laid back!! We are still knee deep in finals and mama bear leading the proctoring and study sessions! I love that teal tunic, you must re-create for us, you must!! On insomnia....ugh....so you know how old women get up early? Well, why is that me already?? I think I have a morn to sleep in but noooooooo wide awake at 5 am after tossing and turning all night!!! Saturday before bed I had a Baileys and decaf and it actually put me to sleep and I slept til 6!!! Oh I pray this gets better for you so your not tired cheering on the b-ball troops!!! Cute project Alise....and mom!! I am making money jars and toilet paper holders are included. Who knew how many uses they had? Happy Tuesday terrific, lovely and gorgeous gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay a for a date night and I love he tunic you got too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still so proud of myself for having my cards mailed on December 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! I had mine out by December 1st last year. It was something I always wanted to do!

      Delete