Monday, December 28, 2015

I Just Want To Party All The Time

So Monday night before Christmas, we had our annual GNI {Girls Night In} party at my house. It's something that I've been doing for about four years now and I had really decided I wasn't going to have a party this year until the girls started asking me about it. I LOVE to entertain, but time just got away from me this year. However, I'm happy to say that the tradition continued! It was a great night! A night that went by too fast!


Two things: One, you can't tell it, but I had my faux leather leggings on. I love them!  They are so comfortable. And Mr. Horton liked them, too! Just sayin. Two, I don't know if anyone's figured it out yet, but Jessica is Mrs. O, Alise's teacher. Ha! And after a few cosmos {for me} and gin and tonics {for her}, you just KNOW that that %@*$ SFP had to come up!! And before I go any further, we're all snarky witches with a capital B when we get together, so when the opportunity presented itself, I grabbed it with two hands and held on. Well, maybe one hand because I had my cosmo in the other. Jessica LITERALLY stopped me in mid sentence and asked, "Have you finished your science fair project?" I can't tell you EVERYTHING that came out of my mouth when she asked me that, but I'm pretty sure, "WTH ARE YOU THINKING?!" was in there somewhere. Long story short, it's not her fault and I knew it wasn't.  I've known all along who's behind this great idea and I kinda feel sorry for Jessica because her THIRD GRADER has to do one, too {stupidest thing I've ever heard}!!  Besides, I knew she wouldn't put one of her best friends through that kind of torture if she didn't have to! She knows that I know how much she hates teaching science, too!

I shared with y'all last week a pic of the appetizer cone thingy. And if you remember, I told you I wasn't finished because I needed to add the cheese star on top and the pickles at the bottom.  Well, this was the final pic!


Do you see that gorgeous star and those yummy pickles?!  I'm so glad I have friends that don't judge me for not having time to make a star out of freakin' cheese or for not having dill pickles when I thought I had dill pickles. #ineversaidiwasmarthastewartyall In all honesty though, I suggest not sticking the toothpicks so far into the styrofoam.  We had so many laughs about pulling the food off that tree!  It's all Alise's fault!  She did it!  Most of it.

But I had time for this yummy dessert! I think these were the best strawberries I've ever put in my mouth!


And I had shrimp, too!  Steamed and then chilled.  I don't eat shrimp, but everyone said they were delicious.  And of course I had lots more than what Baby Girl is holding up, but she insisted that I use a snowflake placemat on the platter and that I take a picture of her awesome party contribution!




Jennifer brought her yummy cheese ball, Jessica's husband made us some guacamole that was out of this world,  and Leigh brought southwest egg rolls from - wait for it - the Walmart deli of all places!  Oh my gosh, they were so good with spicy ranch dressing!! About three o'clock that afternoon, I got to craving some Apache Bread, so I ran up to the store to get the ingredients and it was oh-so good! We had plenty of delicious food and lots of fun!

On Christmas Eve Eve, we celebrated my best friend, Leigh's 50th birthday!  It was SUCH a fun party and I know she was VERY, VERY surprised until the hostess at the restaurant told her and her family, "Don't be surprised if they jump out at you!" when they arrived! #whatthewhat  WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND totally you-know-whats a surprise birthday party like that?!  Summer and I had gone to great lengths to keep it under wraps and even nipped Brad in the bud when Leigh started showing the slightest bit of curiosity earlier in the day! Leigh wasn't feeling well that night, but I know she enjoyed her party very much! This is the same girlie that ran her first half marathon the weekend before!  I'm so proud of her!





It was a great week for parties before Christmas!

15 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a girls night?! Sounds like you had a great time! Happy Monday!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina! I'm back at work today with a Christmas hangover! LOL!

      Delete
  2. You outdid yourself for the party!! I will never ever be able to thank you enough!! And that chocolate chocolate cake was delish!! Y'all made turning 50 so much easier!! 😘😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! That's all that matters!

      Delete
  3. Wowzer!!! Wowzers!!! You are the hostess with the mostess for sure!! Look at that spread. More importantly, look at that outfit with the faux leggings!!!! LOVE!!!!!! The minute I read teacher, I knew the SFP topic was coming up, so funny!! What a sweet lil 50th too!! I'll be drinking wine all week to ring in 2016. You with me? ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs wine? Let's break out the Grey Goose, my friend! I'm back at work today and suffering from a Christmas hangover! Ha! I don't even know what day it is! All day yesterday, I kept telling myself, "I have NO idea what today is, but I DO know that I have to go back to work tomorrow!" You totally cracked me up about the %#$& SFP!! You are truly a friend of mine! I'm not gonna let it get to me, though. But it was so hilarious that Jessica stopped me and asked that question. She knew it would get me all riled up and that I'm also a little OCD! If I had been in my "right mind," I probably would have told her that I was totally finished with it!! Ha ha! You have to know Jessica, but that would have been a priceless look! I'm not one for thinking fast on her feet after a few cosmos! Hope you had a great Christmas, Andrea! I've missed you!

      Delete
  4. That appetizer cone is legit!! Fab pictures!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darcy! #pinterestforthewin

      Delete
  5. Fun! Next time, give me a couple days notice and I'll make the drive out. LOL Glad y'all had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lauren, we would have loved to have you!! I would LOVE to throw a party for all my blog friends! That would totally be so much fun! Hope you had a Merry Christmas, too, with your family and girls!

      Delete
  6. that strawberry dessert looks amazing
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was super easy!

      Delete
  7. Girl every time I read over here I laugh! Thank you for keeping it so real all the time! Happy new year my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You crack me up, too! But I do try to keep it real here on the blog! Happy New Year, Kimm!

      Delete
  8. Love that spread of food!! And who doesn't like a pair of leather leggings!? My favorite!

    ReplyDelete