Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Appetizer Ideas For A Girls Night In

The girls and I are getting together in a few days to toast to a VERY Merry Christmas and I'm excited!  Of course, me being me, I always go all. out. so Jennifer told me a few days ago, "Now, don't go all out.  We can all bring something to help you {seeing as how I'll be the ONLY one that has to work the day of our soiree!}." Yea, right!  That's like telling me not to put gas in my car {that's a horrible comparison, but that's all I could think of as of this writing because I DO need gas in my car!}.

10 Christmas Cocktails to keep you sane during the holidays. | The Glamorous Housewife:

So today I thought I would share some fun and easy Girls Night In Appetizers that will be perfect for a small get together with family or friends. I don't know about you, but I get tired of making the same thing party after party.  I like to experiment with new foods and what better way than to try them out on your friends!  At least they'll be honest! At least my friends are! And usually by this time of the holiday season, I've had my fill of sausage balls, party sandwiches, and all the dips! 

I am most assuredly, most definitely, making this appetizer Christmas tree for our girls night in {GNI}! Wish me luck!

We had a small Christmas party last Saturday with some wonderful, dear friends of ours. I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to make another “Appetizer Tree”. I had originally tried it for Thanksgiving. That one was a huge success, so this one was a no brainer. Appetizer Trees are a great conversation …:

I've never done anything like this before, but I think it's an elegant twist to the traditional cheese and cracker tray!  I'm not a fan of olives, so I thought I might try some broccoli or cauliflower, too. I also like the fact that I can make it the night before! #timesaver I'll share a pic of my tree after the holidays and let you know how it turned out.

When we were in Jackson last month, I remember Jessica saying that she loves shrimp. And I've never served it at a party before - unless you count shrimp dip - and this party is anti-dip! - so I was thinking about going the shrimp cocktail route.

                         Top 10 DIY Party Food Ideas…fun for when I have TONS of prep time…like in 20 years, maybe? or when boys can help:        OMG these Shrimp are done in 10 minutes and are seriously amazing! Perfect appetizer for the holidays! | www.joyfulhealthyeats.com:

                                               via                                                             via

I actually found the small plastic shooter glasses at Michael's a few weeks ago and they were 40% off, but I didn't buy them.  I'm sure someone else has snatched them up since then, but I'm going to stop in just to see this weekend.  #fingerscrossed The girls would love this and with only a few of us, I still have money for cocktails!

This picture reminds me of one of our favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot, and I think it's a fun way to end the evening - dessert wise. How can you go wrong with chocolate and strawberries?!

Strawberry Brownie Kabobs..  Haven't even read the recipe but I'm sure if you use mini-muffins (the brownie ones) you don't even have to cook!:

As for cocktails, I've tried for several years to pull off the Reindeer Punch and for some reason, it just doesn't work. Trust me, it kills my soul when I think of the vodka I've wasted on that one punch recipe! So I've decided to leave my Christmas tree beverage server in the box this year and just have an open bar with everyone's favorite toddy of choice {And if I don't like your toddy of choice, you can take whatever is left of the bottle home with you!  Ha!  A nice holiday party gift!}.  I'm also praying that our ice machine isn't on the blitz that night, either!

Let the fun festivities begin!

9 comments:

  1. We can't help it, us type A personalities just gotta go all out! I'll bet you throw one awesome party girl! Getting ready to make dinner now that I'm seeing all that I could so just have a dinner of appetizers! What day and time should I book my flight for? LOL, it's gonna be a grand ole time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book your flight for this weekend! We'll get the party started early! Just for you!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, that first one is fabulous! I want all of these! I'm an appetizer gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That garlic roasted shrimp looks delicious! I think I'll add that to my Christmas eve menu.
    Thanks, Laura. Hope your girls night is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that appetizer tree is amazing. And the strawberry/brownie/marshmallow skewer - delicious! Can I come to your party :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over, Lana! We would love to have you!

      Delete
  5. Those all look so good! I really love the appetizer tree idea... might have to borrow one or two of these for my events next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to pop back over and tell you...saw another appetizer tree and they used pickled okra shooting out the top. :) Hope you had a super Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww!! Would like to see that pickled okra top! Especially since my cheese star/top never happened!

      Delete