Friday, December 04, 2015

Blogger Christmas Cookie Exchange


Merry Christmas, Peeps!  If you're stopping by from The Lady Lawyer and Bourbon & Lipstick's Blogger Christmas Cookie Exchange, then WELCOME! I'm Laura and this is our family scrapbook, with a little Southern Sass thrown in from time to time. Okay.  ALOT of the time.

Today, I'm sharing Hub's favorite Christmas cookie recipe.  It's a pretty popular recipe, I think, but since he insists on them every year, I thought I would share them for the link up today. Seriously, I was smack in the middle of putting up the Christmas tree a few weeks ago when Mr. Horton asked, "So, when are you going to start baking?" #whatthewhat Anyhoo, the recipe I'm sharing is Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! Yay for chocolate! Just sayin'!

I made these suckers on Thanksgiving Eve.  So while all you lovies were baking your pecan pies and boiling chicken for dressing on Turkey Day, Baby Girl and I were in the kitchen baking up these cookies.  Wayne had had an exceptionally aggravating day delivering packages and I knew his favorite cookies would cheer him up!  And I was right!

Here's what you'll need:

1 stick of butter at room temperature
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
3/4 cup of cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of powdered sugar


Forgive me because I truly had every intention of being all "professional" with my pictures, so I broke out the Nikon.  However, it was acting crazy and so I just took pics with my cellphone instead. #itiswhatitis #thatshowiroll

Cream the butter and brown sugar using a mixer.  Add the eggs and mix well. Add the next four ingredients until just moistened.  Dough will be thick {and VERY chocolatey, I might add!}. Drop dough by spoonfuls into the powdered sugar and roll around until dough is coated.  Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.

I also do a similar version of this cookie - not chocolate - for Halloween and add the crazy, googly eyes! They look quite similar to these!

Gooey Monster Eye Cookies Recipe

Like I said, I had a little help in the kitchen that night! She loves to bake and help me!


And here's a pic of the cookies.  On an orange plate.  With Christmas decor.  On Thanksgiving Eve. #colorclash


Yes, I do believe I just covered the last three holidays in this one post!

Thank you for stopping by and reading my recipe and hashtags!

If you're interested in joining more Christmas blog link ups and blog hops, please see my list HERE. If you know of one I've missed, please let me know!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Also linking up with Countdown to Christmas, Bits of Cheer, Tuesday Talk.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I am bookmarking this recipe, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! My hubs would be all over these! I Love that Alise helps you, she's a rockstar at that mixer!!! I hope your weekend is full of a BIG OLE' W, ROLL TIDE and lots of love and laughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! So great that your daughter joined in too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost made these, too! My mom makes these every year and they're delicious. Thank you so much for joining our link-up! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sort of look like the Ginger Crinkles I make and thinking I need to make these in the coming days. Happy weekend Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious! I have a similar recipe (http://tanyastable.blogspot.com/2014/01/chocolate-crinkle-cookies.html) but I think yours looks better because of the BUTTER instead of vegetable oil! Love that Alise bakes with you and love your Christmas tree on the kitchen counter. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember the cookie parties?!!! Oh the days before life got so crazy!! Chocolate crinkles are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss our cookie parties, Leigh! They were so long ago!

      Delete