Thursday, November 19, 2015

This and That

I just want to say how much I'm loving basketball practice two nights a week! It gives me a chance to come home, unwind, turn on the Christmas music and enjoy a glass a wine. Pure bliss!  I can usually start supper around 7 pm and then my two players {Wayne is helping coach} come home around 7:30, famished and usually with smiles on their faces.  We eat and for the rest of the evening, all is right with the world.  I could get use to this!

Well, the TREE IS UP!! I posted this picture on IG Monday night. While my crew was at practice, I cranked up the music and finished the top.  I had put it off because Alise insisted that we have a red star on top and there is no red star to be found in our area! Each year, I add a little something else to it and I just love the way it turned out this year! I consider myself one of the fortunate ones that can still be thankful with a Christmas tree in her living room! But I can't seem to remember to fluff the pillows before I take a picture! Sunday night, Wayne built a small fire, the lights were twinkling, and we had homemade cheesy chicken spaghetti for supper. It was a wonderful evening to the new week!


Anyway, I plan on finishing up the rest of the house this weekend.  I've decided to cull a lot of my Christmas things, so Goodwill will be happy to see me!

A friend of mine posted a pic of these beautiful Louisiana - shaped ornaments in her store last week.  Of course, I had to stop by and check them out and I may or may not have bought a few.  I just love them!


I also picked up this awesome gift for my boss this week.  I had never seen these before and I'm always looking for unique gifts.  These are called Away In A Manger Bath Bombs and they come with figurines of the nativity scene.


Yesterday, I had my last elementary Thanksgiving Feast with Baby Girl at school! I was pretty emotional about it by the time I got back to my car. These elementary years have gone by so fast and just the other day, Alise told me, "I can't wait to get to middle school!" #whatthewhat My little turkey has changed so much since Pre-K4 and I wish I had treasured these earlier times more. I am so proud of Alise and the young lady she is becoming.





13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Absolutely beautiful! Your evening of twinkling lights, a fire, AND chicken and spaghetti sounds divine! Any chance there is a link for the bath bombs? So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Holly! I was not able to find them online, but I found them from a retailer on FB. Try Cute Cottons on FB.

      Delete
  2. Your tree looks gorgeous. We are decorating Saturday and I can't wait. Alise is such a cutie, both at age 4 and now. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see all your Christmas decor, Tanya! I miss Alise being so little! Yesterday was a hard day.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your tree is amazing. And I'm shocked you will have all your Christmas decorating done before this weekend. I won't even be able to start till December 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! All the decorating is a work in progress and it usually takes me about two weeks to get everything done!

      Delete
  4. Your tree looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is gorgeous. Put up our vintage tree last night and the village. Cannot wait to get to the rest later today. That pic of little Alise is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I saw your vintage tree last night on IG and I love it!

      Delete
  6. Right out of a magazine that tree is lady! I love it! And those turkey hats look very familiar, the same ones I made with my boys years ago! Don't you just relish that downtime, house all to your self to unwind and relax and unwind some more drinking wine, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO Pretty!! And those LA shaped Santa ornaments are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is beautiful. Especially against the red curtains. Christmas music, wine, twinkling lights, what more does a woman need.

    ReplyDelete